Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

Am I the only one who will actually be glad to see Ygritte go? Can't wait for the kid to off her. It'll be sad for Jon, and Rose Leslie is absolutely lovely, but I definitely won't miss Ygritte.

I'm with you. I shall be doing a happy dance. I never liked her. I'll probably watch her death over and over again with glee. Bring it on, little child marksman, BRING IT ON!

As for Jon, I can comfort you, if you'd like...

And I don't care if the show watchers don't care enough about Jon, Sam, Stannis, aso. If they'll moan why Tyrion / Dany / Arya didn't appear in this episode, well, it's THEIR problem!

There are enough book readers who will celebrate NW's/Stannis' victory heavy and feel much emotional impact. Even if we all know how the battle ends, when we'll have extreme great scenes all the JonStans and every StanStan *>__> Stan the Man Baratheon* (me too ;) will have showrgasms and the KL loving show watchers can go hang (is that the right English phrase?!).

Maybe that will be more an episode for book favourites... Well, that's no bad thing - These characters deserve finally some respect!

I agree wholeheartedly!

@Father of Dragons:

I think there's nothing wrong with this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CIOQnFLAC4&feature=youtube_gdata_player music ;) With another scene it wouldn't sound such evil / bad. It's probably too slow and calm for fighting scenes, but... well, still better something like that than e.g. "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" :-P

I don't particularly mean the credits music, just the sinister beginning to it. They can play that music, then when the credits come, they can play something else, maybe "Warrior of Light" then.

Oh my God. Why went out of their way to hide his arrival at the Wall, then? Why throw in all the decoys, like hinting he will want to attack KL again? To take the hope away from the Watch and then make his arrival as surprising and triumphant as it can be.

They wouldn't have to hide that though if they went by the books. None of this floppy Iron Bank business.

Oh my God. Why went out of their way to hide his arrival at the Wall, then? Why throw in all the decoys, like hinting he will want to attack KL again? To take the hope away from the Watch and then make his arrival as surprising and triumphant as it can be.

Yes, the Watch will be grateful, but many Unsullied viewers will still hold a grudge against Stannis. Like many it her people in the books, they will be blind to the good he has done for the realm and still think of him as a villain.

^This. I don't get why so many people think that D&D have made Stannis so different from the books. He's not exactly a nice or good guy in the books, either. Actually, I think he's one character that's absolutely spot on- feared, respected, and becoming more susceptible to using magic to win the IT.

In the books, didn't the Watch construct a bunch of man-shaped figures wrapped in black cloaks to line up along the top of the Wall, to make it look like they had hundreds of men, to the Wildlings looking up from far below? I wonder whether the show will do this, too.

I feel like it'd be hard to portray a triumphant victory where someone shows up and defeats the bad guys in a negative light.

:agree: We should stop with all this naysaying!

I agree wholeheartedly!

:cheers:

They wouldn't have to hide that though if they went by the books. None of this floppy Iron Bank business.

Well, we have to take what we can get (sadly :frown5:), let's hope they'll make the best of it. In one week we see them in Braavos, this late evening (or in my case, tomorrow night <_<) we can already see the 4x06 Preview and hey, we haven't seen the scenes till now -Yes, it's not the book arc and they totally messed up his storyline in season 3, and now we see the consequences of it- but I'll wait and see.

In one week, I guess, there'll be a new "Balanced Review of Show Stannis" thread and then we can talk there about it; until 4x06 (and 4x09) weren't aired, I'm really looking forward to the episodes and try to stay optimitic. Yeah, I even think there's potential in their (Stannis' and Davos') future arc now!

Btw, we don't really know about the role the IBoB will play in TWOW and ADOS, maybe it's also a bit foreshadowing...

Yes, the Watch will be grateful, but many Unsullied viewers will still hold a grudge against Stannis. Like many it her people in the books, they will be blind to the good he has done for the realm and still think of him as a villain.

Also here: I'll wait to the season's end to issue my statement. And the show doesn't stop after this season, he'll do the most of his ADWD things in season 5... also, as Stannis would say "A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good." I will be even somehow very happy, if they see begin to see him as a dark grey character, he doesn't need this blind, annoying "Khaleesi hype" of many Unsullied (which I found boring and one-dimensional).

They shouldn't be blind to the bad and the good he has done, important is, showing his development.

As I said before, this is the most important thing for me:

I'm looking forward to the badassy-NW-saving-Mannis this episode, but his conversation with Jon later is actually even more important for me.

They both (my Unsullied mother and sister) should see, that heading North wasn't just some small thing for him, they should see "the King who cares"; who thinks about his duties, not longer (only) his rights; who does his duties as king even if he doesn't sit the IT and nobody wants / accepts him as king; who takes the title "Protector of the realm" seriously; who realizes the greater threats in the North; who wants to show the North that there's still a king who cares about them (a Southerner who gives a shit about the NW and doesn't say "Lol, a brunch of murderers, rapists and thiefs and pff, Wildlings, Ironborn and White Walkers, fairy tales, but as long as they don't appear here, I'm not giving a shit about their problems!") and who DOES care!

If we don't get the "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!", I'll be okay with it, but if we don't get the "... He reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my right..." line, then... RAAAAAAAAAGE!!

And I wrote a week ago in the last Balance Review thread (http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/107956-show-and-book-spoilers-a-balanced-review-of-stannis/page-15, posts #283 and #285) why we shouldn't give up hopes now (and about the seperation of Team Dragonstone, Jon, aso...)

He'll probably never become Book!Stannis and has his depth and complexity, but he can still have his development, Imo, and maybe it will be able on the show to cry "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!" and supporting him, cheering for him, without people thinking "Oh nooo, not him!"

And who gives a f---k about them? That's their problem. If the show depicts that moment right and does it justice - the showrunners should't be blamed for audience's prejudices and twisted perception. If anything, giving Stannis so little to do this season will only add to the surprise which has potential to be really great.

Some Unsullied remember Mhysa scene. By adding the confusion and taking Stannis further from the North they won't go 'oh who cares I bet Stannis will arrive and save them'. Most of my Unsullied friends don't even mention Stannis when speculating about the battle

That's the spirit / attitude, sati! :thumbsup: :cheers:

iheartseverus, on 04 May 2014 - 4:35 PM, said:snapback.png

In the books, didn't the Watch construct a bunch of man-shaped figures wrapped in black cloaks to line up along the top of the Wall, to make it look like they had hundreds of men, to the Wildlings looking up from far below? I wonder whether the show will do this, too.

Oh, yeah , these straw men dummies! I think we'll get them -> http://cdn.winterisc...n-Sloan_HBO.jpg (background)

And who gives a f---k about them? That's their problem. If the show depicts that moment right and does it justice - the showrunners should't be blamed for audience's prejudices and twisted perception. If anything, giving Stannis so little to do this season will only add to the surprise which has potential to be really great.

Ah, good point. You win.

If we don't get the "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!", I'll be okay with it, but if we don't get the "... He reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my right..." line, then... RAAAAAAAAAGE!!

^^ Thiiissss :) but I just want the "I should have been trying to save the Kingdom to win the throne, but I was trying to win the throne to save the Kingdom" bit (not word for word quote, obvi :P)

That is brilliant. Do you watch the episodes together?

Haha yep. Our viewings mostly consist of her sitting there trying to wrap her head around stuff, with me flailing my arms going about in either "NOOOoooo, why would they do that? thats not gonna work later on" or "Aww yeahhhh, did you see that character development mom?! Damn this son be going placesss"

I watch the show with some of my unsullied friends and they know if they went 'no, not him' in front of me, in any occasion, my gaze would kill them :)

Hopefully they'll give him some badass lines in the Bank Scene so that the skeptical part of the audience warmed up to him a little. Not in a big way, but 'hey, he's not bad'/'hey, he's kinda cool' kind of way and then with 4x09 ending they go 'ok, I like him!'

Haha, it's the same with my Unsullied family members :laugh:!

(The funniest thing is actually that my little sister has many "stannical" (as we call it) characteristics. She's extreme stubborn, absolutely direct and honest (always!), very blunt, she's serious, stoic and her humour is dry and sarcastic. She's way more responsible and dutiful than I am (even I'm 4,5 years older), introverted and reliable, always well-ordered and a very down-to-earth person, with no sense for romantic and a very realistic worldview. My mom's nearly the same (Although my sister has definitely Renly's sense for style and fashion :D). My father and me are more Robert/Renly, super optimistic, laughing much, dreamy, often (unfortunately) unserious and less responsible, more spontaneous, chaotic and epicures and we rather turn a blind eye to bad things, hard truths, aso (My father's extreme Robert/Renly, I would say I'm more these than Stannis, but not so much as my dad)... I often think that's one of the reasons I love Stannis so much. He and my sister share many things I admire and I'd like to have more of their bluntness, honesty, sense of responsibility, ... Oh, and she knows it's a big compliment of mine when I call her "Stannis" XD).

I could see (and hope) this! If this doesn't happen in this season, there's still season 5+.

(Although they should definitely warm up to him in 4x09, 4x10)

Ah, good point. You win.

Stannis himself wouldn't give a shit about them B)

^^ Thiiissss :) but I just want the "I should have been trying to save the Kingdom to win the throne, but I was trying to win the throne to save the Kingdom" bit (not word for word quote, obvi :P)

Haha yep. Our viewings mostly consist of her sitting there trying to wrap her head around stuff, with me flailing my arms going about in either "NOOOoooo, why would they do that? thats not gonna work later on" or "Aww yeahhhh, did you see that character development mom?! Damn this son be going placesss"

Yup, of course, I also want to hear the whole line or at least this ^ important part! :agree:

Jesus, that sounds exactly how it is at my home with my family! XDD

I'm with you. I shall be doing a happy dance. I never liked her. I'll probably watch her death over and over again with glee. Bring it on, little child marksman, BRING IT ON!.

I can't wait for her to die, either!! I was hoping for an episode 4 death, cause she can't go too soon....no way she's so much of a loved character to be episode 9-worthy. But alas, I don't write for the show...

^^Thorne's death is not confirmed but he will most likely die. It's just that now I will be kinda sad about it, instead of going 'well, good riddance'.

I will definitely be sad if he dies now. I suspect that he's going to return from his ranging in TWOW. I also want him to tacitly acknowledge that Jon was correct in executing Janos Slynt for defying Jon's orders (I want "Edd, fetch me a block!" ASAP in S5!) with his curt nod.

My parents always call me when they've seen the episode. They thought The White Walkers at the end of E04 were aliens, and that it was 'a little too much'.

My parents always call me when they've seen the episode. They thought The White Walkers at the end of E04 were aliens, and that it was 'a little too much'.

My mom could barely pay attention during the last scene, I kept smacking her arm lightly and freaking out and covering my mouth and my mom was like "Jesus, whats the matter with you?!! Haven't you already seen this in the books?!" "DON'T SPEAK MOTHER YOU'RE INTERRUPTING"

Archived