Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

The threat/power of Stannis has been nicely downplayed this season. He has gone from being the greatest foe Cersei feared to not even warranting mention in Tywin's list of dangers; Ironborn revolt, Wilding army, Dany and her dragons etc.

Should be a good reveal.

I agree about Blackwater, King Tommen. I hope I can see much more from the Battle of the Wall, and it will give a better idea of how they might handle the also-chaotic Battle of Meereen.

Lol, the intense Stannis fans around here crack me up. I get it I guess, he's the righteous king of justice, sworn to do what's right, not what's loved. I think he's just okay.

I can't wait for her to die, either!! I was hoping for an episode 4 death, cause she can't go too soon....no way she's so much of a loved character to be episode 9-worthy. But alas, I don't write for the show...

I was hoping she would have died earlier in the season too. lol I didn't want to have to wait for such a treat, but at least she hasn't had much airtime while we wait.

Why do people think we'll need so much emotional impact as in other ninth episodes? There were enough Stark deaths in ninth epis already, if I was an Unsullied I would be very glad to see finally once a victory of the "good guys" and no super-sad death of main characters (main characters like e.g. Ned, Cat, Robb).

As only show watcher, I would maybe expect Jon to die (since some Unsullied are sure that aaaaall good guys get killed on the show) and they'll make it look as a defeat for the NW till the end, so there will be still enough emotional impact, I guess (even if the people don't care about the Wall, which is really a pity...).

Agreed. Episode 9 will be a nice change or pace from the usual.

People also say that the Dragonstone theme sounds evil ("Warrior of Light" at 1:22 min ->

), it sounds definitely Dark-Lord-in-his-dreaded-fortress-stylish, but I like it, I think it fits to him

I never understood why people say that. I love "Warrior of Light"! It starts out so mystical... and then that grand middle part *swoon* I'm not using ASOIAF-symbolism here, so don't get me wrong when I say that, but Warrior of Light always reminds me of a waking dragon - a mystery from the ages that slowly rises and spreads its wings until we see it in its full glory before it leaves to do... whatever it is that dragons do. I LOVE this music.

^Most people started liking Stannis after his triumphant wall sequence in the books too- he was a pretty forgettable character before then. Don't worry guys- he's being handled just fine. :)

So much this.

My mom could barely pay attention during the last scene, I kept smacking her arm lightly and freaking out and covering my mouth and my mom was like "Jesus, whats the matter with you?!! Haven't you already seen this in the books?!" "DON'T SPEAK MOTHER YOU'RE INTERRUPTING"

:lmao:

Reminds me of a friend of mine who took me to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and who nearly had a heart attack when they showed the first glimpse of Beorn. She was all like "Oh my god, that's him, oh my god, oh my god, did you see?" and all I could think was "no, don't know that crazy woman next to me... I've never met her before".

Ah... it will be glorious to watch season 6 when every moment will just be huge spoilers for everyone :)

I hope we get the Wall for the whole episode, that would be incredibly awesome. The actors and producers have said that the battle is amazing, so I'm really excited for it.

I think we will and hopefully it will be like Blackwater

:lmao:

Reminds me of a friend of mine who took me to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and who nearly had a heart attack when they showed the first glimpse of Beorn. She was all like "Oh my god, that's him, oh my god, oh my god, did you see?" and all I could think was "no, don't know that crazy woman next to me... I've never met her before".

Ah... it will be glorious to watch season 6 when every moment will just be huge spoilers for everyone :)

Ahh, I'm so torn on this! I don't like not knowing whats happening, cuz all that runs through my head is whether this is book!canon as well or if it's just D&D, but at the same time I got such a rush with the Other scene, feeling very Unsullied-like, and I can't say the feeling wasn't unwelcome

Ugh, so tooorrrnnnn :frown5: :crying:

Can't wait for the it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Stannis to the rescue moment. It'll be a good battle, and I, too, will be glad to see Ygritte leave us, especially after seeing her killing villagers where the little archer lost his parents. Would be a nice touch if his arrow is the one that brings her down.

But, Thorne and Grenn don't get killed in the book, do they? In fact, I can't remember NOT wait for the Ed, fetch me a block scene, but I think that comes much later, right?

Oh, yeah , these straw men dummies! I think we'll get them -> http://cdn.winterisc...n-Sloan_HBO.jpg (background)

I think those are the practice dummies they were using on episode 2. That scene with Sam going to see Gilly and passing behind the other brothers practicing with longbows. But since they already made the damn dummies, they might as well use them again. Let us hope!

Also really looking forward to that kid shooting someone. I've already pictured it in my head:

*Jon grabs a longbow from a dead brother, hands it over to the kid*

"All right, boy. You said you were good, now proove it.

*Boy takes the longbow, shoots Ygritte between the eyes from like 300yds*

Jon be like "yo, that's my girl!"

Boy be like "Deal with it :cool4: "

What i don't get is when they'll have time to put in the whole Jon election thing, and the whole Stannis-trying-to-convince-Jon-to-return-to-winterfell

The battles will last only half an episode, and the other half will be dedicated to "accelerated" Wall Politics ?

I dont think Mag the Mighty will be named but we know some giants creep through the tunnels beneath the Wall according to the promos and that Grenn and a bunch of Watchmen meet them.

The election could work on episode 10. I assume it will feature a relatively lenghty scene with Jon during which one he'll be elected after his prowess at the battle and the plotting of Sam and then, after the election, probably short talk with Stannis. it could work well that way.

I'm curious as to how the episode will end. Will it end with Ygritte dying in Jon's arms, or will it end with "Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!"? Either they will go for sad(?) or epic. I really hope they go for the latter. I don't want Stannis' awesome victory overshadowed by anything. This is his moment, and for once D&D can't choose to make him look villainous.

...fuck, did I just jinx it?

People also say that the Dragonstone theme sounds evil ("Warrior of Light" at 1:22 min ->

), it sounds definitely Dark-Lord-in-his-dreaded-fortress-stylish, but I like it, I think it fits to him.

I do too. In another series it could easily be a dark lord theme song... but in another series Stannis could easily be a dark lord, with the whole 'harsh, unfeeling warrior plotting from his volcano fortress to take what he believes is rightfully his from a young nephew, working alongside a renowned criminal and religious extremist', thing. Yet his renowned criminal is one of the most moral characters in the series, his religious extremist is one of the few people to acknowledge and work against the coming apocalypse, and Stannis himself is very dutiful, places a high value on justice, and thinks he'll die fighting the war, or as a consequence of winning it.

I'm curious as to how the episode will end. Will it end with Ygritte dying in Jon's arms, or will it end with "Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!"? Either they will go for sad(?) or epic. I really hope they go for the latter. I don't want Stannis' awesome victory overshadowed by anything. This is his moment, and for once D&D can't choose to make him look villainous.

...fuck, did I just jinx it?

I think the start of ep10 would be a good time for sad, maybe open it with Jon burning Ygritte and Melisandre joining him (we see her standing in front of a fire with some snow in the background in a trailer), before bringing him to Stannis. Ep9 should have a triumphant ending.

Lady stoneheart will most likely be on the epilogue for the season. I still want to see Lord Bloodraven as well. They can't just introduce children of the forest without showing him!

Bloodraven has had scenes shot?

The LC election stuff is not that tough to shoot (especially with the way the show will surely simplify it). You're really talking about a 4-5 minute sequence with perhaps another scene with Stannis and Jon to discuss his offer. It will be one of the many things happening in the finale.

As for the end of E9, Stannis arriving will certainly be the climax but it's hard to say exactly how the episode will end.

^^ Thiiissss :) but I just want the "I should have been trying to save the Kingdom to win the throne, but I was trying to win the throne to save the Kingdom" bit (not word for word quote, obvi :P)

Haha yep. Our viewings mostly consist of her sitting there trying to wrap her head around stuff, with me flailing my arms going about in either "NOOOoooo, why would they do that? thats not gonna work later on" or "Aww yeahhhh, did you see that character development mom?! Damn this son be going placesss"

Hahaha that's exactly me and my dad! Oh what fun :D

To make this really good they need to have it looks like all is lost

Alliser Thorne dead

Slow motions scenes of lots of death and stuff

Ygritte dead etc.

Jon is sent out to surrender/negotiate with Mance.

Mance decides just to kill him and take over the wall

Horn blows

What is going on? What's happening

Riders charge through the forest, take out loads of wildlings

More horn blows, wildlings begin to flee

Jon captures Mance or something

Battle over, Stannis rides up, men cheering his name, takes off his helmet, cut to credits.

Archived