Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

Am I the only one here who tinks that's Stannis arrival will be at the wall itself (on the wildings side ofc), in the heat of the battle , and not at Mance Rider camp like in the books ?

To make this really good they need to have it looks like all is lost

Alliser Thorne dead

Slow motions scenes of lots of death and stuff

Ygritte dead etc.

Jon is sent out to surrender/negotiate with Mance.

Mance decides just to kill him and take over the wall

Horn blows

What is going on? What's happening

Riders charge through the forest, take out loads of wildlings

More horn blows, wildlings begin to flee

Jon captures Mance or something

Battle over, Stannis rides up, men cheering his name, takes off his helmet, cut to credits.

Lady stoneheart will most likely be on the epilogue for the season. I still want to see Lord Bloodraven as well. They can't just introduce children of the forest without showing him!

Can't they just cut Stoneheart?

To make this really good they need to have it looks like all is lost

Alliser Thorne dead

Slow motions scenes of lots of death and stuff

Ygritte dead etc.

Jon is sent out to surrender/negotiate with Mance.

Mance decides just to kill him and take over the wall

Horn blows

What is going on? What's happening

Riders charge through the forest, take out loads of wildlings

More horn blows, wildlings begin to flee

Jon captures Mance or something

Battle over, Stannis rides up, men cheering his name, takes off his helmet, cut to credits.

*Lysa voice*: Oh god YES, YES, YES!!!

Since Ser Godry Farring will most definitely not be in the show, I'm hoping they'll have Stannis do what he does during the Battle at the Wall. Stick a lance in a giant and decapitate it.

What the hell did Stannis do in that battle anyway? Do we ever read about him actually fighting in the books? I cant recall.

What i don't get is when they'll have time to put in the whole Jon election thing, and the whole Stannis-trying-to-convince-Jon-to-return-to-winterfell

The battles will last only half an episode, and the other half will be dedicated to "accelerated" Wall Politics ?

I doubt we'll get any Wall politics in ep. 09. That one will be battle talk, battle preparations and the battle itself. Ep. 4.10 will probably give us a truncated LC election and Stannis' offer to Jon.

I'm curious as to how the episode will end. Will it end with Ygritte dying in Jon's arms, or will it end with "Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!"? Either they will go for sad(?) or epic.

I think it will be Stannis! Stannis! Stannis! The battle with the group from the south is the smaller of the two battles. It would be ridiculous to have the big battle first and the small battle last.

What the hell did Stannis do in that battle anyway? Do we ever read about him actually fighting in the books? I cant recall.

No, we get Jon's musings about his perspective of it in retrospect. He speaks of seeing banners of a stag in a burning heart cutting through the Wildling ranks like a hot knife through butter (obviously paraphrased).

I cannot wait for viewer opinion to change on (almost) every character after this series; Stan, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, LF, Cersei, the list goes on....

According to the GrrM commentary on Blackwater, in his original script Stannis stuck to the back of the army and barked out orders rather than running into the fray. It was Neil Marshall's idea for him to lead from the front, so that Stephen Dillane could have something to do in the later parts of the episode. Because of this and for consistency's sake, they'll likely have Stannis in combat again. Also, since Neil Marshall is good friends with Liam Cunningham and has worked with him before (in Dog Soldiers and Centurion IIRC), I think he'll give his buddy some action scenes too.

Ygritte sortof has to have died before Stan charges. Neil Marshall has said that the episode contains three battles, which looking over "the Battle of Castle Black" on this site's very wiki will inform anyone that these are the attack from the south, the siege on the Wall and Stan's charge. We've seen shots of Jon riding through the tunnel alone with a torch, clearly to treat with Mance. We've also seen a shot of Mance running from his tent while mounted StanStans flood his camp. For Jon to treat with Mance there has to have been a halt in the siege and more importantly, the raiders south of the Wall would have to have been stopped. Since it looks like that kid (Guymon/Boy from Hamlet) will kill her and she'll be attacking from the south, and that attack will be over before Jon goes to Mance, then she necessarily will already be dead and have said "you know nothing" before Stan charges.

I do think "the Children" will begin with Jon burning her though. With Mel looking on and her face warping in the smoke (the shot from one of the trailers). Then she'll take him up to see Stan and the rest is history/the beginning of another bromance.

I'm curious as to how the episode will end. Will it end with Ygritte dying in Jon's arms, or will it end with "Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!"? Either they will go for sad(?) or epic. I really hope they go for the latter. I don't want Stannis' awesome victory overshadowed by anything. This is his moment, and for once D&D can't choose to make him look villainous.

...fuck, did I just jinx it?

I'm gonna be furious if the ending is anything else than Stannis riding in front of his troops while they chant his name and he is all, you know, awesome. I can see how they'd be tempted to have Ygritte die Jon start crying and everything else happening in the distance but I really, really hope they won't. His arrival is the best part of the whole battle for the love of God.

I'm gonna be pissed as all hell if they end with Ygritte. I was never a fan of hers to being with, so if they overshadow my main man Stannis the Mannis' moment of badassery with her I'll riot. Ygritte dies, just let her go. Stannis needs this moment. I doubt they'll end with Ygirtte, but you never know :angry2:

Still, I wonder when exactly they'll cut to black. As the newly crowned King Tommen said above, Stan's arrival will be the episode's climax, not necessarily its ending. I listed reasons above why I doubt Jon mourning Ygritte will end the episode but I still can't figure out what will actually cap it off. "Blackwater" had the charge but the actual ending was Tywin with his line "we have won" and Lena Headey's great reaction shot. I wonder what exactly will put the button on Stan's victory.

I think Jon's going to be on the other side of the Wall with Mance when the Stannis charge comes (we've seen him going through the tunnels alone on a horse in the trailers) so I don't think they'll be able to have it skip so far ahead to get him back to Castle Black, find Ygritte before she dies. Most likely, that scenes happens earlier in the episode, before he heads out to treat with Mance.

Maybe the last scene is a quick exchange between Jon and Mance after Mance sees his army decimated and scattered. Or even better, maybe Stannis riding up to Jon in the aftermath and giving him a Stannis-like line.

^That's the sort of detail they could have in 410 or 501. It would be a good "pet the dog" moment and it would impress Jon because its a kindof Stark-esque hands-on, morally absolutist but ruthless punishment.

I think it will just briefly be mentionned in 4x10. The Wall focus there (which I'm ready to bet will start the episode 10) will be Ygritte's funeral at first and Melisandre talking to Jon. Maybe cut to Slaver's Bay. Coming back just after that for either Stannis and Jon or Election (I think both will happen but I really wonder in what order).

It might end just as Blackwater did. Stannis coming through the Wall showing himself to whoever wasn't able to identify his banners. They might even cut to Slaver's Bay or Bran up north, just to give the viewers something else to expect in the finale.

I do hope we see him leading the attack, though, just like he was one of the first climbing up the walls of King's Landing. I think that's gonna earn him even more respect from the viewers.

It might end just as Blackwater did. Stannis coming through the Wall showing himself to whoever wasn't able to identify his banners. They might even cut to Slaver's Bay or Bran up north, just to give the viewers something else to expect in the finale.

I do hope we see him leading the attack, though, just like he was one of the first climbing up the walls of King's Landing. I think that's gonna earn him even more respect from the viewers.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that 4x09 is strictly the Battle at the Wall? I think they'll save everything else, like Bran and the CotF/Bloodraven, Jorah's banishment/locking up the dragons, LS till episode 10

Archived