Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

In that case the finale is gonna be AWESOME.

Indeed. Forgot to mention Tywin's death in there too. God the finale is gonna be the best episode to date. Wanted 'Only Cat' in 10 too, but that seems more likely for 4x07 :/ Still. I'll be holding my seat the whole time

Indeed. Forgot to mention Tywin's death in there too. God the finale is gonna be the best episode to date. Wanted 'Only Cat' in 10 too, but that seems more likely for 4x07 :/ Still. I'll be holding my seat the whole time

Perhaps we'll see Arya warging into Nymeria and pulling her body out of the water in 406 or 407 and then Lady Stoneheart in the finale.

Perhaps we'll see Arya warging into Nymeria and pulling her body out of the water in 406 or 407 and then Lady Stoneheart in the finale.

Nah don't think so :/ we discussed this in the LS thread for the Oathbreaker episode. It has been many months since the RW, so to pull her body out now, it would be rotten and swollen, dissolving etc. When we first see UnCat she should be very much revived. I was very much hoping to see a wargedNymeria, but I feel they're gonna wait till next season to introduce both Jon and Arya's warging abilities

They've already established that Cat's body was thrown into a river. I don't even know if we'll need to hear about the BWB or anyone fishing her out. Seeing her near Thoros would make her return self-explanatory.

I'm gonna be pissed as all hell if they end with Ygritte. I was never a fan of hers to being with, so if they overshadow my main man Stannis the Mannis' moment of badassery with her I'll riot. Ygritte dies, just let her go. Stannis needs this moment. I doubt they'll end with Ygirtte, but you never know :angry2:

They can't exactly end it with "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!" though, as that will presumably take up a large portion of the battle. Personally I think they'll end it with Ygritte's death, and then Stannis making Jon the offer of Winterfell. It'll have a proper denouement, rather than the abrupt end of Blackwater. That's the only way I can see all the politicking fit with the battle being in E9.

I agree. The charge will happen around 10 minutes before the end. Lots of action. Battle calms down. Jon walks through the corpses, finds Ygritte while in the background men chants "Stannis". That would be a great ending, imo. Combining Jon and Stannis in the final shot of the episode.

I agree. The charge will happen around 10 minutes before the end. Lots of action. Battle calms down. Jon walks through the corpses, finds Ygritte while in the background men chants "Stannis". That would be a great ending, imo. Combining Jon and Stannis in the final shot of the episode.

You don't think they'll end it with Stan offering Winterfell? I think that would be much better than ending with Ygritte.

Granted, I dislike Show!Ygritte, so I'm biased.

Too early. That will happen in episode 10 I'm sure.

Ep 10 will start at the Wall at Ygritte's pyre. Melissandre will talk to Jon and then lead him to Stannis who will make his offer.

Either after a cut to Meereen or directly after the offer, we will have the election. Both Aemon and Stannis will demand it and Jon's arc will end with his election. Which would be the best move, imo.

^It would be cool if after Stan talks about "demons made of ice" we cut to Bran and co. facing the wights at the hill with the weirwood. And since Sam gave them some dragonglass last season, I think they'll run into some WW too.

^It would be cool if after Stan talks about "demons made of ice" we cut to Bran and co. facing the wights at the hill with the weirwood. And since Sam gave them some dragonglass last season, I think they'll run into some WW too.

Or once Sam mentions being able to kill them with obsidian. Stannis mentions mining it from Dragonstone, then cut to Bran.

Speaking of which, is it possible this is the 3rd fight of the episode? Or is it confirmed that Bran is not appearing?

If Ygritte ends episode 9, I'll be majorly disappointed. I do not think (my bias notwithstanding) that it packs enough of an emotional punch. That boat sailed in episode 3x08 and/or 3x10.

No other possibilities for 4x09 endings? Sam? Mel? Tormund? Mance? Brilliant Dolorous Edd one-liner?

Those are most probably goners for ep 9 :

Ygritte.

Thorne.

Styr.

Grenn.

Dolorous Edd and Pyp are safe imo (Edd cause, well... he's Edd and Pyp will be more useful next season, he's a steward, whereas a ranger as Grenn would mostly sit aside).

I like the idea of Stannis mining obsidian mentioned in the show !

Ygritte.

Thorne.

Styr.

Grenn.

Dolorous Edd and Pyp are safe imo (Edd cause, well... he's Edd and Pyp will be more useful next season, he's a steward, whereas a ranger as Grenn would mostly sit aside).

Aww, poor Grenn! If he died after what he just went through at Craster's.... Oh man.

Agree on Thorne. I've come around on that one. Even so, is this enough ep-9 worthy deaths? The Stannis! Stannis! Stannis! surprise has been taken away, so what's the climax? I know ep. 8 and 10 are going to be PACKED, but everyone expects such big things for 9.

Just a thought here : we are not sure Rast's body was burned at Craster's Keep. What about the possibility that he comes back as a wight (maybe in episode 10, when Bran reaches the cave).

Ygritte.

Thorne.

Styr.

Grenn.

I think both Thorne and Grenn still have parts left to play.

Just a thought here : we are not sure Rast's body was burned at Craster's Keep. What about the possibility that he comes back as a wight (maybe in episode 10, when Bran reaches the cave).

I think Ghost was too hungry to leave anything behind :)

Talking about Ghost, how much do you guys think we will see him during 9 ? He's nowhere to be seen in the promos (surely because they didnt wanna spoil his return) but I really hope he's got some nice moments. Neil Marshall will surely want to throw in some direwolf action and for the occasion, the budget can follow ! I'd really love to see him fighting along Jon.

Archived