Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

Didn't read the whole thread but I remember seeing somewhere that an extra claimed to play a "mammoth leg" later on in the season, if that's true then we certainly will get mammoths in the episode.

They still could've cut it in post-production. But let's hope not. Mammoths kick ass.

^Regarding Ghost, above, I'd love to see him in action, but I'm highly doubtful that it'll happen :(

Given the choice, I'd rather see the sfx budget go towards Dany chaining up her dragons, imho. I think there's a quote about a huge portion of the moolah going towards ep. 10, and I'd imagine this is why.

Sadly, I feel we may have already seen all the Ghost action for S4.

I think the ep.10 thing that costs so much is wights/Child(ren) of the Forest scene. But I hope the chaining will look good, I'm sure it will - the little we saw of dragons this season was outstanding.

Ahhh, yes, I forgot about that. The freakin' episode is called The Children!

I'm so excited for this episode. I can't believe how good the second half of this season looks! A rough outline of what I think will happen:

The Laws of Gods and Men (Dreadfort, Stannis w/ Gattis, Braavos, Iron Bank, Tyrion's Trial, Drogon kill, Hazzea)

Mockingbird (Cool Sansa developments, Brienne bite, Mountain intro, Tyrion+Bronn, +Oberyn, Jon's return, more Theon, more Arya, Dany-Daario)

The Mountain and the Viper (Tyrion + Varys [maybe], Oberyn vs Gregor!!, Moat Cailin beginning, Arya leaving the Hound, Dany banishing Jorah)

The Watchers on the Wall (Ygritte's death, Thorne's death + "The Wall is yours", Stannis STANNIS, Mammoths, all around coolness)

The Children (Moat Cailin end, Moon Door, golden poop, Tyrion + Jaime, Dany chaining Dragons, Bran w/ white walkers, Stoneheart, Jon + Stannis)

Wow, I cannot wait! That 2-week break though :/

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but just in regard to the episode flow - that seems like a lot of huge plot developments happening in just a few hours. Does anyone think that some of this will spill into next season?

Start the season (episode two maybe?) with Lady Stoneheart? I'm dying to see it - I just hate for it to be rushed!

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but just in regard to the episode flow - that seems like a lot of huge plot developments happening in just a few hours. Does anyone think that some of this will spill into next season?

Start the season (episode two maybe?) with Lady Stoneheart? I'm dying to see it - I just hate for it to be rushed!

I think we see it this season at the very end. It's the perfect bombshell to leave off with.

I think we see it this season at the very end. It's the perfect bombshell to leave off with.

Oh I agree - at the end of the book I was freaking out!

It just seems like the other developments are so huge too. Looking at the predictions (Moat Cailin end, Moon Door, golden poop, Tyrion + Jaime, Dany chaining Dragons, Bran w/ white walkers, Stoneheart, Jon + Stannis)... that's a lot to cover. I'm sometimes worried that it will be too little rather than too much, you know.

I've seen this worry come up a few times, and I've gotta say, it's been handled quite well in the past. Most recently, S3, ep. 10 and S4, ep. 1 were a couple of great examples of touching on (almost) every story line without it seeming to jump around too much.

If we think about it logistically, we have the following stories to see in the end:

1. Stannis, Jon, Mel (Davos? who knows), Sam, etc. at the Wall

2. Arya (possibly with the Hound, possibly already on her own)

3. Sansa, LF, Lysa, (Waynwoods? Royces?)

4. Tyrion, Cersei, Jamie, Tywin, Varys, (Margaery? Tommen?)

5. Dany, dragons, Jorah

6. Bran, Bloodraven

7. Reek and Ramsey

That's only 7 disparate story lines. Even if they throw in Brienne and Pod for an 8th story to follow, that is 8 minutes of screen time per group. That is a LONG time, on the screen.

For comparison, the Arya and the Hound at the inn (episode 1) was just under 10 minutes long. That is including the intro of them riding Stranger, standing outside of the inn watching Polliver piss, the inn, the molesting of the innkeep's daughter, the fight, and riding away with two horses.

Not every segment will be this long, and some will be longer (I'd imagine Tyrion will have extended screenplay, and we may not even see from Reek or Brienne).

^ I'm quite sure Brienne and Pod will be the ones to encounter LS at the end of episode 10.

Season 5 is gonna be so tight, it's a good idea to shorten Brienne's arc and have the first meeting with LS through her eyes.

I think we will see Brienne and Pod hearing about the Brotherhood in episode 7 (rumors of Lady Stoneheart).

Have an ambush with Rorge and Biter in episode 8 (biting ear's off) and be rescued at the last moment by the Brotherhood (Anguy perhaps).

And see them again at the very end of the season meeting LS and Thoros.

I would imagine Arya leaving The Hound, and then her selling the horse and giving the iron coin to the Braavosi captain to be in two separate episodes. I would imagine, in addition the things listed above, the last episode also having Qyburn and The Mountain, BwB and LSH, wights attacking Bran & co. before the cave scene. The Tyrion sequence might take a very long time if they include much of the dialogue and also have a quick shot of him aboard a ship for Essos. In the episode Sam might already leave for Oldtown with Gilly, Aemon and an equivalent of Dareon. Maybe they'll also have Jaqen throw Balon off the bridge. Would perhaps tie in nicely with what Arya's future is to be, reminding the audience of the FM. Maybe Ellaria heading back to Dorne on the Cersei ship? Generally, lots of ships sailing off to new adventures. Quick transition scenes to set a tone for the next season, in addition to the jaw-drops of Tyrion's murdering and Cat's reappearing, etc. But yeah, 66 minutes is going to be pretty sweet no matter what.

I think I recall the actress that plays Meera saying that the cave is going to be very very beautiful, which I imagine will also mean that the CotF and BR will be done with the appropriate aesthetic intricacy, hopefully down to the weirwood branch penetrating his eyesocket. I agree, '...but you will fly' would definitely be a pretty fitting end to his arc this season. Maybe next year GoT will hit 10 million American viewers after a season finale like that?

However they divide up the time, it'll be amazing. I don't see a full 8-minute segment going to Reek or Arya, and I'm doubtful on Brienne being in there at all.

They pretty much can't do anything wrong with the episode, based purely on the source material they're working with.

I'm also less excited for episode 9 than I am for both episodes 8 and 10. I almost feel like ep. 9 is going to be anti-climactic, considering the expectations people have of them. Hopefully it doesn't affect ep. 10 viewership, because that will likely blow all past episodes out of the water!

Archived