Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

my unsullied brother laughed so hard when I teared up during the ygritte/jon scene, & he started recording me on the phone, it took us a half hour to quite laughing about it and finish the show :lol:

Also, since next week is season finale he said, "I got a prediction about next weeks show.

Cliffhanger, cliffhanger, CLIFFHANGER, cliffhanger.

:D

I like how people are upset that Stannis wasn't in THIS episode so that his arrival could overshadow Jon and all of the Watch because they think that HE will be overshadowed by what happens in the next episode with Tyrion.

The irony abounds.

It works both ways. If Stannis had arrived, Jon's effort could've been overshadowed by Stannis. Arriving only in the next episode, Stannis' victory could be overshadowed by the other events of the episode. It depends on which character is more important. Also, it's likely they didn't want the episode to be too similar to Blackwater, with "the cavalry" arriving at the last minute once again. That could've made the episode less original and kinda repetitive. I'm not sure what to think about the ending just yet, but the rest of the episode was perfect. I'm glad they didn't kill Tormund, Throne and Slynt this soon.

It works both ways. If Stannis had arrived, Jon's effort could've been overshadowed by Stannis. Arriving only in the next episode, Stannis' victory could be overshadowed by the other events of the episode. It depends on which character is more important. Also, it's likely they didn't want the episode to be too similar to Blackwater, with "the cavalry" arriving at the last minute once again. That could've made the episode less original and kinda repetitive. I'm not sure what to think about the ending just yet, but the rest of the episode was perfect. I'm glad they didn't kill Tormund, Throne and Slynt this soon.

iirc in the books the battle at the wall was divided between two books. This part of the battle was spot on. Exactly like the books, or close enough not to matter. Next episode, things will be getting worse and worse for NW until Jon gets Mance nearly at a truce. Then D&D drop the Wall until season 5 leaving the NW in terrible condition and almost done in. That way they can leave us with another famous cliffhanger. ;)

iirc in the books the battle at the wall was divided between two books. This part of the battle was spot on. Exactly like the books, or close enough not to matter. Next episode, things will be getting worse and worse for NW until Jon gets Mance nearly at a truce. Then D&D drop the Wall until season 5 leaving the NW in terrible condition and almost done in. That way they can leave us with another famous cliffhanger. ;)

They might do that. Jon won't reach the end of his book3 storyline in S4, and probably will need about 2 episodes to get elected. And he has plenty of book5 stuff, unlike practically all of the other characters. (Dany is well within her book5 arc, Tyrion will start book5 next season, Sansa almost covered all her book 4 stuff, and Arya doesn't have that much stuff to do. Bran has 3 ADWD chapters and they will cover the first one next ep. Theon/Boltons are already at Wf.

If this means Jon will have more screentime next season to catch up, I'm fine with it.

Tormund is our new Val for the show...which I think will be awesome. We'll get MORE Tormund next year in all his glory XD

I'm fine with the Stannis delay, but my concern is that they blew their budget here and Stannis attack won't actually be shown like most battles on the show that have been cut.

I imagine that scene was also directed by Marshall and might've been moved from episode 9 to the finale. It has happened in many other episodes.

I imagine that scene was also directed by Marshall and might've been moved from episode 9 to the finale. It has happened in many other episodes.

I'm not sure about that. Episode nine was shot entirely at night save for the ending. The charge scene in the preview was clearly shot during the day. That's probably a built in transition between the episodes.

Archived