Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

I would bet we would more likely see Frey corpses (recognizable by their hats) in the cave (maybe Pod will identify a sigil aloud) and then Thoros of Myr doing an introduction-welcome to the Brotherhood Without Banners speech and then, LS appearing.

Dont know about how it will exactly end. The hanging ? Her face ? Thoros traducing her words with an ominous tone ?

I'd love if we'd hear a very dark version of the Winterfell theme in the scene. Could be very haunting.

^^ I think they will be tying in Brienne's chapter with the LS reveal, it makes sense that they would to tie together certain arcs and such. So I understand why they are, but I wish they wouldn't given how little material Brienne has left. Unless they give Brienne fillers, or cut her entirely next season (unlikely), we're definitely going to be moving into WoW material for her and everyone tied to her plot line

^I think Brienne will have to be in the episode for the LSH reveal. It seems more and more likely that they're combining her last AFFC chapter with the ASOS epilogue.

Could be. Though what will she be doing in S5? Off screen? TWoW stuff?

It would present season 5 Brienne with a problem for sure. I just can't see any other way for them to end her s4 quest. Also, I can't see them introducing a random Frey or even bothering to reintroduce a Frey we've already met, unless it ties to one of the main storylines. In the number of episodes that are left, I can't see another way for them to bring back the BWB and inevitably Cat, other than through Brienne's viewpoint.

If it's a brief scene that doesn't exactly dwell on what Cat has become (as I hope it doesn't) I don't think it's a stylistic stretch to start (along with a pre-episode recap) with Thoros and Anguy casually riding horses, perhaps talking about Beric in the past tense, with LSH slowly entering the picture before it all fades to black. An unusual POV but not unlike the baby and the Other.

I have looked at everyone's comment, I'd like to reply to them all but then there would be a pile of replies which would be pointless. Hmm. I am wondering what people's opinions are on Stannis? I see that "Stan the Man Baratheon" is in favour of Stannis, but I have mixed opinions about him. I feel he would be best for the people, but I think there are better characters for the Iron Throne? What do others think? I never knew there were Stannis fanatics and I'm just curious.

Stannis is the rightful king and the best option for king at this point well at least that is my opinion.

Do you think there will be compelling character moments in this episode (like with Sansa, Cersei, etc in Blackwater), or will it focus much more heavily on the action aspect?

I can't think of many quieter moments that can be in this episode.

^fingers crossed for some great Aemon dialogue. He's one of my fave supporting characters, and one of the reasons I loved Sam's journey in the book. Hope they show it in TVland!!!

I'm also hoping they'll flesh out the village boy/Satin stand-in. If he really is gonna be Jon's steward in S5, they could get a head start on that relationship. Especially if the little dude ends up killing Ygritte!

It would present season 5 Brienne with a problem for sure. I just can't see any other way for them to end her s4 quest. Also, I can't see them introducing a random Frey or even bothering to reintroduce a Frey we've already met, unless it ties to one of the main storylines. In the number of episodes that are left, I can't see another way for them to bring back the BWB and inevitably Cat, other than through Brienne's viewpoint.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if Brienne do not appear again until the end of season 5 (bringing Jaime away).

As for dialogues and quieter moments during episode 9, I feel we will get those :

- Beginning with some PoV in every camp (Jon / Tormund / Mance) preparing.

And then, during the battle :

- Sam / Aemon.

- Jon / Grenn / Edd / Pyp / young kid on the Wall between assaults.

- Thorne / Slynt (possibly Aemon).

- Tormund / Styr / Ygritte.

- Jon / Mance (Tormund).

- Jon / Stannis (briefly before Jon finds Ygritte's body).

^I hope that at some point Tormund gives Ygritte a talking to, saying that what they're up to isn't about her revenge or the Thenns having some supper, it's about getting their families safe south of the Wall. That sort of thing would go a long way to humanize him for next year when he'll need to be a friendlier face. If he lives in show canon that is.

^I hope that at some point Tormund gives Ygritte a talking to, saying that what they're up to isn't about her revenge or the Thenns having some supper, it's about getting their families safe south of the Wall. That sort of thing would go a long way to humanize him for next year when he'll need to be a friendlier face. If he lives in show canon that is.

Whenever they attack Mole's Town, there does appear to be a sequence where Ygritte takes out an innocent person fairly violently from the footage that's been in the trailers. I'm guessing that they're doing this purposely to lead up to a Tormund chat prior to the big attack.

^ Speaking of which, Gilly has to survive somehow. Maybe Sam will finally take her back in episode 7 or 8. Or she escapes when Tormund and co arrive but that would surprise me.

I would love for Tormund to give Ygritte a reality check. And I shall join you ~No One~ in crossing both my fingers and my toes at some Aemon time. I spend 90% of the Wall scenes searching the background for a glimpse of his wispy white hair.

Agree with Konradsmith, Briennes season 4 end has to tie in with LS's somehow, for the benefit of both story arcs and how best to adapt it to screen. There will need to be some connecting element to the reveal other than Thoros suddenly walking around giving a monologue, audiences don't relate/connect with that all. For full impact, they're most likely going to have to reveal LS by means of Brienne, so the audience becomes even more emotionally invested than they would otherwise. As for Briennes season 5 material, I'm worried. Given the popularity of the show, and the so far regualr appearance of Briennes character, I doubt they will give her a season wide disappearance like they did with Barristan. At that point, Barristan was still a minor character (not that he isn't still minor-ish) with relatively little screen time, but Brienne has other things going for her that makes it unlikely they'll leave her alone for the majority of a season. As far as I'm concerned, this only leaves filler material or straight-up WoW material for her in the next season. Maybe she'll stick with the BwB for a while longer, therefore creating some more substantial LS filler as well?

BTW all, the attack on Mole's Town is episode eight. From the footage we've seen of it in trailers, Ygritte uses a spear and, yes, takes down an innocent woman by the looks of it. In the weapons and training video we see a shot of Ygritte with a spear and other wildlings going between thatched roof buildings on a monitor. The monitor says 408 on it. I hope we see that south of the wall wildling crew at least once between now and then, but who knows. Ygritte hasn't said a word since episode one.

Archived