Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

While I agree on the battle is E09, I would hope for Tyrion's escape following the trial by combat in E08 (Title pretty clear). That includes the retirement of other actors too.

For the E10 I would expect some more light hearted stuff. Green-seeing beyond the wall, maybe some happy dragons in Essos. Maybe we get Coldhand (more likely not)? Oh, Varys disposing of Kevan and Pyrcell for E10 too! And of course happy Arya ariving in Essos too! Will they wait with a Lady Coldheart apperance until E10? Would ber a nice shocking event.

At this point, there is no way we are getting Coldhands. It would be unrealistic given the timing, budget, etc. And Varys doesn't dispose of Kevan and Pycelle till the end of Dance, so they wouldn't fast forward that arc too quickly. We haven't even gotten to Aegon material yet, or the trial, let alone let Kevan undo all Cersei's mistakes. That'll all be at the end of season 5

^That some awards shows pick their nominees based on their popularity rather than their performance. I mean, Emilia did some good work in season three but Michelle Fairley was amazing.

:agree: ... and agree also so much with sati about Nikolaj, how on earth could you not nominate them?! God, Michelle was breathtaking in 3x09 and Nikolaj had the absolutely best performances in this whole season... And then they nominated Emilia - That's blasphemy! :-(

Yaaaaaay! Oh, that's a book-show-change, I think, I can REALLY live with :D (The more Davos the better!)

I would like to see Stannis, Mel AND Davos (and later also Selyse and Shireen) at The Wall, if we get some nice scenes with him riding and fighting alongside Stannis and maybe having a scene with Jon (or we see Stan/Davos/Jon talking together about White Harbour), before he starts his Manderly-mission at the beginning of season 5, I wouldn't mind it :)

Now that we're acting about actors, who do you guys consider the best of season 4 up to now?

I would say the best 5 have been:

- Pedro Pascal

- Peter Dinklage

- Lena Heady

- Sophie Turner

- Thomas Brodie Sangster

Honorable mentions:

- Kit Harrington (really great this season)

- Nikolaj Coster Waldeau

- Charles Dance

- Isaac Hempstead Wright

- Maisey Williams

- Rory McCann

- Gwendoline Christie

I think Emilia has been great this season (except the injustice with justice line), and I can see her shining with the material that will be available to her in the next 5 episodes.

1. Lena, in spite of material being out of character for her and forcing her to just walk around with sad look on her face for several eps, hopefully bitchy Cersei returns tonight. She was on fire during PW episode.

2. Kit, who I always considered one of the worst in the show is killing it this season. He is actually charismatic and he plays a hero with heart, without being boring about it

3. Jack Gleeson, as usual

4. Pascal, very good performance

5. Dillane, because his expressions do more than most actors can with tons of words. And his scene in 4x03 was so good.

The Pascal haters will be feeling pretty foolish about now. :) He's perfect for the role.

2. Kit, who I always considered one of the worst in the show is killing it this season. He is actually charismatic and he plays a hero with heart, without being boring about it

:agree: Really impressed by Kit's development this season, he's great and I think he'll get better and better (especially with the wonderful ADWD material next season), and I'm looking so forward to him this (4x09) episode!

The Pascal haters will be feeling pretty foolish about now. :) He's perfect for the role.

WHAAAT!?! There exist Pascal haters?! :o How could you not think he's the perfect Oberyn? - He is! :bowdown:

Now that we're acting about actors, who do you guys consider the best of season 4 up to now?

- Pedro Pascal

- Peter Dinklage

- Lena Heady

- Sophie Turner

- Thomas Brodie Sangster

Honorable mentions:

- Nikolaj Coster Waldeau

- Charles Dance

- Isaac Hempstead Wright

- Maisey Williams

- Rory McCann

- Gwendoline Christie

I think Emilia has been great this season (except the injustice with justice line), and I can see her shining with the material that will be available to her in the next 5 episodes.

I'm kinda cheating.

Most pleasantly surprising performances:

Lena Heady

Pedro Pascal

Kit Harrington

Kerry Ingram

Burn Gorman

Daniel Portman

Dean-Charles Chapman

Michiel Huisman

Thomas Brodie-Sangster

Kristian Nairn

Roger Ashton-Griffiths

Lino Faciolli

Kate Dickie

:agree: Really impressed by Kit's development this season, he's great and I think he'll get better and better (especially with the wonderful ADWD material next season), and I'm looking so forward to him this (4x09) episode!

WHAAAT!?! There exist Pascal haters?! :o How could you not think he's the perfect Oberyn? - He is! :bowdown:

I agree about both Kit being excellent and Pedro being perfect. However, for some reason, some people were so outraged at the time he was casted that GRRM had to issue a statement saying that he believed that Pedro Pascal would own the role (which he did :) ).

i really hope stannis can get some uplifting/victorious music played when he charges. the actual beratheon theme would be nice. his theme now makes him seem like darth vader.

I actually like "Warrior of Light", but it will be really cool if they play "The King's Arrival", it will fit perfectly, since well, the king arrives to the wall to kick some ass :commie:

I actually like "Warrior of Light", but it will be really cool if they play "The King's Arrival", it will fit perfectly, since well, the king arrives to the wall to kick some ass :commie:

A heroic version of "The King's Arrival" would be amazing.

The Onion Sleight, on 04 May 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

@Father of Dragons:

I think there's nothing wrong with this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CIOQnFLAC4&feature=youtube_gdata_player music ;) With another scene it wouldn't sound such evil / bad. It's probably too slow and calm for fighting scenes, but... well, still better something like that than e.g. "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" :-P

People also say that the Dragonstone theme sounds evil ("Warrior of Light" at 1:22 min ->

), it sounds definitely Dark-Lord-in-his-dreaded-fortress-stylish, but I like it, I think it fits to him.

I don't expect any Superman theme thing, as long as it's fitting (and epic), okay. We'll still see the NW being glad and thankful at the end (or in the next episode) and I don't think the episode will have a bad aftertaste like "Baelor" or "The Rains of Castamere".

i would really like for them to give him the actual beratheon theme.

go to about the minute mark. this could be arranged nicely for a victorious army.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzyacJhM5Cs

stannis's main theme is too dark. it works sometimes, but this sould sound more victorious.

A heroic version of "The King's Arrival" would be amazing.

I think some sort of mix between the Wall music and Warrior of the Light would be cool. Ramin's work on the show is always impeccable so I can't wait to hear what he comes up with.

i would really like for them to give him the actual beratheon theme.

go to about the minute mark. this could be arranged nicely for a victorious army.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzyacJhM5Cs

stannis's main theme is too dark. it works sometimes, but this sould sound more victorious.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

I agree with all of you, something like that (your ideas) would be AWESOME!

A mix of Wall music and Stannis' theme is a good idea, but "The King's Arrival" would be brilliant (espically this "Baratheon Theme" part as Chuckling Tree called it), a special heroic, badass version of it (extra for Stannis, then we'd have the "King Robert Arrival" version and the "King Stannis Arrival" ) would be wonderful and well fitting (Stan deserves his own! ;-)

...But no matter what it is at the end, Ramin will do an incredible job as always!

- Pedro Pascal

- Peter Dinklage

- Lena Heady

- Sophie Turner

- Thomas Brodie Sangster

Honorable mentions:

- Nikolaj Coster Waldeau

- Charles Dance

- Isaac Hempstead Wright

- Maisey Williams

- Rory McCann

- Gwendoline Christie

Can't take my eyes off Headey, Pascal and Dance. Harrington was great in the last episode, in particular.

If he keeps it up, Pedro Pascal as Oberyn will live long in sullied and unsullied hearts and memories as a season 4 stealer.

Ps mor Davos and Stannis please - Liam Cunningham and Stephen Dillane are brilliant, when they get the screen time!

Can't take my eyes off Headey, Pascal and Dance. Harrington was great in the last episode, in particular.

If he keeps it up, Pedro Pascal as Oberyn will live long in sullied and unsullied hearts and memories as a season 4 stealer.

Ps mor Davos and Stannis please - Liam Cunningham and Stephen Dillane are brilliant, when they get the screen time!

Yeeeees, sooooo muuuuch! Not only my two favourite characters, also two of the greatest actors!

I hope we see the next episodes now more of them both together, in 4x06 it's confirmed, but I hope also for something in 4x09 maybe...

Queen of Whores once had this idea, in the last "A Balanced Review of Show Stannis" thread:

If they introduce Stannis by having his men chanting his name as he and Davos charge up on horses, cutting down wildlings left and right and giving a look to each other before taking down a giant together, I'll honestly forgive everything that's happened to this character before...

I would die to see this!

Archived