Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

Yeeeees, sooooo muuuuch! Not only my two favourite characters, also two of the greatest actors!

I hope we see the next episodes now more of them both together, in 4x06 it's confirmed, but I hope also for something in 4x09 maybe...

Queen of Whores once had this idea, in the last "A Balanced Review of Show Stannis" thread:

I would die to see this!

Agreed! They overdid the 'Stannis is the bad guy, renly is the nice one' in season 2, but I do think Dillane gets the light/dark of Stannis and captures that conflict superbly.

But all in all, I feel strongest about the lack of Davos time in the show. We have a little every now and again, but in the books for me he provides a lot of the heart and goodness that is lost when a certain character loses their head in the first one. A moral centre. The show could've done with a touch more Davos and a little more heart. If they follow the books in coming seasons, we can hope to see more!

One of Grenn or Thorne is playing the Donal Noye role since we know the Giant makes it into the tunnels under the Wall and is met by the NW (Grenn being one of them that we can see in the trailers). We also see the individual one on one faceoffs during the battle of Styr vs Jon and Tormund vs Thorne. They've shown shots which look very much like the steps up the Wall being blown with the Thenns on them as it happens in the book. The laws of TV drama also dictate that the little kid (apparently his name is Guymon) who says he's a great archer will be the one to take down Ygritte in retribution for her killing his father in front of him.

Jon will take care of Styr and I can't see Tormund dying here so he either kills Thorne or escapes, wounded or something like that. You could also have Sam doing something heroic in defense of Gilly as well which would be a nice character progression for him.

The argument for Thorne's death during this battle is that because the show has made the change of having Thorne back early and being Acting LC, he's already in the power position. He's shown rallying the troops before the battle and obviously will fight valiantly during the battle. So if the NW prevail (which they will) and it's under his command, what reason would the NW ever have to elect Jon over him. Aliser has seniority, has been doing the job already and led them to victory (with Stannis' help) under his watch. You have to have him die during the battle in order to open up the options for the NW election.

There's also strong hints in interviews that Kit Harrington and Owen Teale have given which indicate that the Jon/Thorne dynamic will evolve over the season which probably means that Jon eventually earns Aliser's respect during the battle which would be amazing for Jon's arc given how staunchly Thorne has insisted Jon doesn't have what it takes for so long. To have him say with his dying words the Donal Noye "the Wall is yours" to Jon would be pretty powerful.

Really, Thorne does next to nothing in the books after the battle. Slynt always was the guy positioned as the front runner for the LC during the aftermath with Thorne basically just sitting around with him making sniveling comments. Slynt has been at the Wall long enough on the show to garner his own powerbase and lackeys that doesn't require Thorne to be present for. In the books, after executing Slynt, Jon just sends Thorne on a ranging in the middle of nowhere just to get rid of him. I highly doubt we hear from him again. So killing him off here and letting him give Jon his seal of approval after busting his balls for so long would be a great way to use him.

this makes sense.

I actually like "Warrior of Light", but it will be really cool if they play "The King's Arrival", it will fit perfectly, since well, the king arrives to the wall to kick some ass :commie:

Thank you so very much! I was starting to fear that I'm the only one who likes Warrior of Light.

I love "Warrior of Light", but yeah, it wouldnt be a good idea to play it for Stannis charge.

"The King's Arrival" is a great track too, but I'd love something deeper more the charge and the chants.

Maybe a variation of "I will keep you safe", that'd be cool !

I think the two possible configurations of the Vale story at this point:

Scenario 1:

Episode 7 - snow castle & "Only Cat"

[Episode 8? - I'm really not sure the show can or would drop such a huge cliffhanger right before a week's break, then ignore it completely for two episodes; when a storyline sits out an episode, it generally arrived at a resolution point in the prior episode. Episode 8 will be a packed episode either way, but if they went with that version I think there'd need to be something here, even if just a brief Sansa/Littlefinger conversation]

Episode 10 - Lords Declarant show up, material that is some combination of AFFC Sansa I & Alayne I.

Scenario 2:

Episode 7 - Royce, Waynwood et al. show up to demand that Lysa intervene to save Riverrun (which would be a good way for the show to have some exposition about where things stand with Ser Brynden and co., which hasn't been mentioned at all so far this season), and also to make clear they think Littlefinger is a schmuck. Since they seem to be pacing out the reveals pertaining to Lysa, she could also potentially tell Sansa about her forced abortion here.

Episode 10 - Snow castle & "Only Cat".

Scenario 1 it is, then.

TWOW Sansa material seems virtually guaranteed for season 5 at this rate. I can't think of any other reason to burn through so much material from a character whose published material is so limited and when it would have been easy to do otherwise.

IDK but since this one is after it we might as well discuss ep. 7 here until it opens up? Snow castle, Only Cat, Arya and the Hound, Mel and Selyse, The Mountain, more Jaime and Tyrion, Oberyn and Tyrion... Big episode.

We were all thinking that it would be the weak link in the latter half :D Episodes 6-10 will just be a giant roller-coaster ride that will give us some of the finest moments on TV (like the Tyrion trial already gave us).

I hope soon, I need a place to whine about OC being in the show faaar too soon and depriving what I hope is the final scene of that awesome set-up scene.

I think what they will do, to keep viewers anticipating the last 3 episodes more for the 2 week break, is have the Frey hanging scene right at the end of Only Cat. Then, in the finale, I think they will show her hanging Brienne and Pod.

The synopsis:

Tyrion enlists an unlikely ally. Daario entreats Dany to allow him to do what he does best. Jon's warnings about the Wall's vulnerability fall on deaf ears. Brienne follows a new lead on the road with Pod.

I think it's weird that they don't show Brienne and Pod in the preview- could their scenes be too important for that (interaction with LS)?

I made one (hours ago) but it was super late, figured there might've been a slight chance no one has done it yet. The fact that it's not up makes me confident it's not the first. I think some admin is going to look at the section and see nineteen different preview threads

Wow, I wonder how many of those threads are there waiting in the dark terrorfulled night. ^^

I dont think Stannis and Co will appear again. Most likely there is the scene between Mel and Selyse (and maybe Shireen) in episode 7, then no more from them until the end of 9.

Episode 6 will turn out to be worst cliffhanger ever. I mean it should have ended better if Stannis is not appearing until his moment.

I like it the way it went. This way, Stannis' motivations remain ambiguous, keeping the unsullied guessing as to where he is going to land. And, when he does arrive, it will be glorious!

Wow, I wonder how many of those threads are there waiting in the dark terrorfulled night. ^^

I dont think Stannis and Co will appear again. Most likely there is the scene between Mel and Selyse (and maybe Shireen) in episode 7, then no more from them until the end of 9.

I think Stannis will be the closer on episode 10. Otherwise there is no point in bringing in the Iron Bank at this point. The whole point of the Iron Bank plotline has to be that the season ends with Stannis getting the money from the Iron bank to restart the civil war.

Which means that Cersei has to stiff the bank before that which means that Tywin has to die in episode 9. I don't care what 'reveals' have been given, Tywins death raises a lot of non-obvious questions that can't be left for a season break. If Tywin dies in episode 10 its just a death. They have to make the consequences clear people have to see what Cesei is like on her own.

There are other deaths that have to be fitted in as well. Balon Greyjoy was one of the names said when the leeches were thrown in the fire. And he has to die and news get back to Kings Landing before Tywin dies because it has to be a complete reversal from his moment of victory.

I like it the way it went. This way, Stannis' motivations remain ambiguous, keeping the unsullied guessing as to where he is going to land. And, when he does arrive, it will be glorious!

To me it feels less ambiguous and more contradictory. Rather than leaving his final decision open to speculation, like in the books where he's drawn his sword and we get left wondering whether Davos will convince him or die, we have Melisandre telling Stannis to go north, which he seemingly agrees to, but then he spends the next half a season not even referencing that decision in any way whatsoever.

Plus, if episode 6 is the cliffhanger, that means Davos never has the "cart before the horse" speech. Which is absolute treason.

I think Stannis will be the closer on episode 10. Otherwise there is no point in bringing in the Iron Bank at this point. The whole point of the Iron Bank plotline has to be that the season ends with Stannis getting the money from the Iron bank to restart the civil war.

Which means that Cersei has to stiff the bank before that which means that Tywin has to die in episode 9. I don't care what 'reveals' have been given, Tywins death raises a lot of non-obvious questions that can't be left for a season break. If Tywin dies in episode 10 its just a death. They have to make the consequences clear people have to see what Cesei is like on her own.

There are other deaths that have to be fitted in as well. Balon Greyjoy was one of the names said when the leeches were thrown in the fire. And he has to die and news get back to Kings Landing before Tywin dies because it has to be a complete reversal from his moment of victory.

Those things will happen, but the show, ultimately, is like a movie, so things can be pushed back or forth. Also, no way is the Iron Bank the most important plot point at the moment- it's a long-term thing rather than being something that will play out in the short term. It's best if Balon dies next season, as I presume that is when they will introduce all the other Ironborn characters- it will stick more in people's minds rather than them building on some arbit event that was overshadowed by other, better events from The Children. It also serves as a nice beginning point for the arc- I'm betting it will be the cold opening for next season.

On the show, it's not really clear (unless you're really paying attention to the credits map) that Braavos is on the way to the Wall so it's also a good misdirect for the audience to think that the most logical next step for Stannis is to head back to Dragonstone with Saan's fleet instead of making their big run to the Wall as they had always planned.

Remember that we're getting Dragonstone scenes in E7 with Mel/Selyse/Shireen and I'll bet that we'll get some hints within them about the next step as well. Mel has Selyse looking into the flames so I would imagine that's got to have something to do with them eventually setting up shop at the Wall.

I think the E9 arrival for Stannis will have be set up with just the right balance between surprise and foreshadowing.

Archived