Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

Yeah, i personally never warmed up to Ygritte's character. Will be largely indifferent towards her death.

I understood where she was coming from in some of her interractions with Jon, but really every scene with her just screamed Overly Attached Girlfriend

Moreover, a victory for the NW sounds much more unlikely atm than it was with the Lannisters at the Blackwater.

Stannis had more ships, but they had their "cheap trick" with the wildfire and then they actually hadn't much to fight (I agree with @King Tommen!).

At the Battle of Castle Black, Mance had ~20.000 fighters in the books & +100 mammoths & 100 Thenns, giants, oh, and actually 100.000 Wildlings as total number.

On the show, I believe, we only heard something about the total number(!) and that the NW has atm around 1XX guys. And even if they all expect Stannis to show up, he won't have hundred tousands of men (in the book he had 1.300-1.500).

So it will be even a greater surprise when the people'll see a victory for this party / side, despite their big disadvantages.

And I don't care if the show watchers don't care enough about Jon, Sam, Stannis, aso. If they'll moan why Tyrion / Dany / Arya didn't appear in this episode, well, it's THEIR problem!

There are enough book readers who will celebrate NW's/Stannis' victory heavy and feel much emotional impact. Even if we all know how the battle ends, when we'll have extreme great scenes all the JonStans and every StanStan *>__> Stan the Man Baratheon* (me too ;) will have showrgasms and the KL loving show watchers can go hang (is that the right English phrase?!).

Maybe that will be more an episode for book favourites... Well, that's no bad thing - These characters deserve finally some respect!

And I don't care if the show watchers don't care enough about Jon, Sam, Stannis, aso. If they'll moan why Tyrion / Dany / Arya didn't appear in this episode, well, it's THEIR problem!

There are enough book readers who will celebrate NW's/Stannis' victory heavy and feel much emotional impact. Even if we all know how the battle ends, when we'll have extreme great scenes all the JonStans and every StanStan *>__> Stan the Man Baratheon* (me too ;) will have showrgasms and the KL loving show watchers can go hang (is that the right English phrase?!).

Maybe that will be more an episode for book favourites... Well, that's no bad thing - These characters deserve finally some respect!

This. People who complain cuz Arya or Dany wasn't in every single ep make me cry cuz I just want Stannis the Mannis :crying: Is that too much to ask for? :frown5:

I'm excited cuz I'll finally get to show my Unsullied mother why I like Stannis and that he isn't just a lump of a character

^ Same here! I'm looking forward to this scene since I read ASOS and god, I want EVERYTHING! Stannis being the Mannis, badass fighting scenes, the "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!", an awesome Stannis music theme (I think we had "The Rains of Castamere" at an episode's end + during the credicts now 3 or 4 times), a DEM-feeling, surprised NW members, (less, but maybe still) surprised show watchers, aso... I'm expecting too much, I know... But hey, a girl can dream!

I have also an Unsullied sister and an half-Unsullied mother (she allows me to spoiler everything I want and I looooove to spoiler things, "Spoiler" is my second name b) ).

My sister knows I'm a huge StanStan (and that he'll do something great this season's end) and my mother knows now his whole storyline till Theon's TWOW chapter.

I'm looking forward to the badassy-NW-saving-Mannis this episode, but his conversation with Jon later is actually even more important for me.

They both should see, that heading North wasn't just some small thing for him, they should see "the King who cares"; who thinks about his duties, not longer (only) his rights; who does his duties as king even if he doesn't sit the IT and nobody wants / accepts him as king; who takes the title "Protector of the realm" seriously; who realizes the greater threats in the North; who wants to show the North that there's still a king who cares about them (a Southerner who gives a shit about the NW and doesn't say "Lol, a brunch of murderers, rapists and thiefs and pff, Wildlings, Ironborn and White Walkers, fairy tales, but as long as they don't appear here, I'm not giving a shit about their problems!") and who DOES care!

If we don't get the "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!", I'll be okay with it, but if we don't get the "... He reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my right..." line, then... RAAAAAAAAAGE!!

I think this episode will mirror nicely with 2x09 in that stannis looses in that episode and in 4x09 he will be victorious.

4x09 will be solely dedicated to the battle at the wall, i expect to see the death of ygritte (jons despair at that fact) at least one of jons friends in the watch to die, thorne and some wildlings. not sure if they will keep mance alive. Possible death of Locke (vargo hoat) if he tries anything on jon in the chaos.

Btw, I'm quite optimistic!

My motto: Always expect the worst then you'll never be disappointed!

And as long as we don't get THIS:

- Short summary of season 4 episode 9 -

* Jon and Mance reach a truce

* Acknowledge that they must fight together to defeat the White Walkers

* Suddenly trumpets are heard

* Mance looks outside

* fire everywhere, knights are charging towards the wildlings

* Baratheon men cutting down every man, woman and child

* Mance valiantly fights, but is captured and burnt alive on the spot

* Stannis arrives

* Orders his men to rape every wildling women

* A couple of his men protest

* Stannis has them gelded for insubordination

* Finds Ygritte

* Offers Jon a Lordship and orders him to burn all Weirwoods

* Jon refuses

* Stannis threatens to rape Ygritte

* Stannis ties up Jon and forces him to watch as Ygritte is raped

* Stannis then burns her alive on the orders of Melisandre

* STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!

Written by David Benioff and Daniel Brett Weiss

(source: tumblr #stannisisthevillain <- extreme funny troll-page!)

... Okay seriously XD, I'm not kidding, I'm REALLY optimistic! ;)

I don't know about you, but I kinda like Thorne this season and will be disappointed that he dies. He looks like a decent leader and (apart from the "sending Jon to Craster's in the hope he dies" thing) he commands my (grudging) respect. That shot of the trailers where he gives a rousing speech just before the battle is another good example of how he comes across this season.

I also used to be bored with the Wall's scenes until recently. With the Craster's addition, the North is now my most anticipated scene of next episode. My Unsullied sister has said the exact same thing, that the Wall and North of the Wall is now what she's most excited about, so presumably all this hype and excitement will carry viewers to ep. 9.

I really want to hear the Stannis!Stannis!Stannis! He has been isolated for so long in the series and I think the tv audience will enjoy seeing some storylines converging.

* Mance looks outside

* Stannis arrives

* Finds Ygritte

* Jon refuses

Ahaha, i posted this on the other thread as well. Such an awesome page.

* Mance looks outside

* Stannis arrives

* Finds Ygritte

* Jon refuses

This is what i expect. The show runners are a complete joke.

^There's no need for that. There wouldn't be a show to run without them. And we're speculating about how the episode will turn out on this thread, not resigning ourselves to a pessimistic view of how they'll adapt Stannis.

We already have footage of Stan's arrival/charge and it looks quite epic. There's no reason to believe that it will be cast in a negative light.

@ Mel_Rose: I absolutely agree with you!

I don't want Thorne to die! I think he's very well portrayed (hell, I find him maybe even better on the show than in the books!). I enjoy his scenes with Jon and their dynamic (oh, and you're also right about this trailer scene!)

And yeah, my respect for him is now much more than a few episodes/seasons before.

I still think that his death isn't sure... It's not confirmed yet, isn't?

I was veeery sceptical about the storylines changes... Because there are some storylines which are nearly/quasi the same (KL, Riverlands, Eyrie, Meereen -> South stuff) and then there are these storylines with added stuff (Wall, Beyond the Wall, Dragonstone, Dreadfort -> North stuff), all these guys who going to places now and meeting people and doing things they don't visit/meet/do (yet) in the books (Jon&Co and Bran&Co at Craster's; Stannis and Davos in Braavos; Yara attacking soon the Dreadfort), all these storylines which are linked to each other in Season 5, but I understand they have to do this because the Battle of Castle Black MUST be in episode 9!

I was a bit pissed about some things (Jon knowing that Bran and Rickon are still alive) and I still don't want to see a Jon/Bran and Yara/Theon meeting on the show yet (I want to read the first one in the books before it happens on the show, and the second one was one of the most emotional moments for me in the books, I don't want this to be different), but now, I have actually less problems with the changes than a few days ago.

I guess I simply hate the feeling of don't knowing the storylines' future and what will be the effects and consequences, but as I said, I think now it's actually nothing bad (you could argue about the different changes of the different storylines, but here's not the place for it).

I'm kinda enjoying now the feeling of being "Unsullied" about some storylines, it's somehow interesting :)

And yeah, it makes the Wall stuff way more interesting and exciting which is a good thing for both, readers and Unsullied.

I want to hear "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!", too, definitely! It would be mega-awesome and brilliant!

The converging of the storylines is one the things I love so much about the ADWD North plot. The characters there will benefit from it much!

Especially when many characters doing things together in the North in later seasons, whereas more and more people leaving KL now (dead, fleeing to Essos, going to Riverrun, aso)... KL is the show's centre now, but in season 5+ this should definitely be the North!

@ Stan the Man Baratheon: I'm loving this page! Oh, and I'm now remembering you posted it before in one of the Balanced Review threads! Ah, and you also had this "Only Mel" thing (with Stannis = LF, Davos = Lysa, Mel = Cat and Jon = Marillion), it's soooo funny XDD (Somehow... awkward-funny)

I'm somehow really obsessed with my wish for great music... Maybe because the Lannisters have their awesome "The Rains of Castemere" (and they have it instrumental, by The National, by Sigur Rós,...) and Dany has her wonderful "Mhysa" (Damn, I don't even like neither her nor this scene, I just think the song's beautiful!).

And "Blackwater" had really stunning music (I love how "Don't die with a clean sword" somekind of Dragonstone-theme-KL-theme-mashup is), and Ramin Djawadi never disappointes us, so I have huge expectations!

I'm expecting a theme dedicated to Stannis and his host, this theme begins when they show up and riding suddenly through the woods, then a cool music climax when... Stannis stops his horse in front of the NW members(?)... okay, something like that and then we hear this theme also during the credits! That would be so cooool *_____*

I'm excited cuz I'll finally get to show my Unsullied mother why I like Stannis and that he isn't just a lump of a character

That is brilliant. Do you watch the episodes together?

Let's face it: even if there is a "Stannis! Stannis!" moment, there will be evil villain sort-of-defeat-for-the-good-guys music in the background. I'm sure D&D aren't going to change their representation so Stannis without making him seem more like a bad guy before-wards.

EDIT: If you watch the end of last year's Dark Wings, Dark Words when Locke and company move in on Brienne and Jaime, that's the kind of music I mean.

Let's face it: Stannis will kill John, Melisandra will burn Gilly with the baby and eat Sam. And then D&D will show up and rape Stannis like in South Park "Indiana Jones" parody.

Or maybe I should stop typing nonsense and wait for the episode to air.

@Father of Dragons:

I think there's nothing wrong with this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CIOQnFLAC4&feature=youtube_gdata_player music ;) With another scene it wouldn't sound such evil / bad. It's probably too slow and calm for fighting scenes, but... well, still better something like that than e.g. "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" :-P

People also say that the Dragonstone theme sounds evil ("Warrior of Light" at 1:22 min ->

), it sounds definitely Dark-Lord-in-his-dreaded-fortress-stylish, but I like it, I think it fits to him.

I don't expect any Superman theme thing, as long as it's fitting (and epic), okay. We'll still see the NW being glad and thankful at the end (or in the next episode) and I don't think the episode will have a bad aftertaste like "Baelor" or "The Rains of Castamere".

Let's face it: Stannis will kill John, Melisandra will burn Gilly with the baby and eat Sam. And then D&D will show up and rape Stannis like in South Park "Indiana Jones" parody.

Or maybe I should stop typing nonsense and wait for the episode to air.

You forgot that Stannis will castrate Jon and throw his junk on the fire because the voices told him to!

Archived