The ADwD POV you are most excited about

Summer

I've just been having a heated debate with some mates about which POV we should be most exited about in A Dance with Dragons. To find out who is right could you list your top 3 (order not important), I'll tally up once I've got a few options.

Just so everyone is clear here are the Points of View available in ADwD:

Daenerys Targaryen

Tyrion Lannister

Bran Stark

Jon Snow

Davos Seaworth

Arya Stark

Asha Greyjoy

An returning POV (most say Theon Greyjoy)

A new POV (I think Jorah Mormont)

I think that's everyone (thanks Jon Blackfyre).

My three are:

1. Bran

2. The New POV

3. The returning POV

-----------------------------------------------------------

Right, 100 replies in and I've now closed the polling stations. You can always reply and discuss but I will not tally (unless there is an huge increase in Bran therefore making me win by bet with some delay)

Because, as of now, I've lost my bet! :tantrum:

Although obvious now, I thought that Bran would top Jon and Tyrion due to the spoilerific content of his next chapter.

Let's not forget we're going to get answer like: who/what is Coldhands, where/what is the three eyed crow and what the hell is beyond the wall besides snow, wildlings and the Others...

All of this (I thought) would be enough to place him above the rest of the POVs...

I believed it so hard I bet a hard-back version of ADwD with a mate - needless to say, I lost.

Oh well... :bawl:

Here is the Final Taly (31/08/2006):

Jon Snow: 57

Tyrion Lannister: 54

Bran Stark: 45

Daenerys Targaryen: 34

An returning POV (most say Theon Greyjoy): 17

Arya Stark: 12

A new POV: 11

Davos Seaworth: 7

Asha Greyjoy: 6

Bran for sure. What better way to ramp up the magic and make the real threat real than showing us a pov of our winged wolf and his greenseer frogmen companions... oh yeah, and coldhands and the three-eyed-crow. Should be cool.

After that, I'm most curious on the returning POV... the flayed man perspective should be quite interesting... and I'm dying to find out the following:

1) is Roose just a s.o.b. or a diabolically clever scheming criminal mastermind s.o.b. (I'm betting on the latter)

2) is Ramsey allied with Roose, or ready to stab him in the back? What god(s) do they worship at the Dreadfort. Can his names be spoken :devil::P

3) what happens when you mix smiling fools and "maidens" named Poole.

I've just been having a heated debate with some mates about which POV we should be most exited about in A Dance with Dragons. To find out who is right could you list your top 3 (order not important), I'll tally up once I've got a few options.

Just so everyone is clear here are the points of view available in ADwD:

Daenerys Targaryen

Tyrion Lannister

Bran Stark

Jon Snow

Davos Seaworth

Arya Stark

Asha Greyjoy

An returning POV (most say Theon Greyjoy)

A new POV (I think Jorah Mormont)

I think that's everyone (thanks Jon Blackfyre).

My three are:

Bran

The New POV

The returning POV

In no particular order - Dany, Bran, and the new POV. It's hard to pick because there should be a fair amount of interaction between POV's in a few cases but that's my top three (at this moment) :)

I guess Jon. Stannis & Mel lurking about. Challenges to his authority from within the Watch and without. Others and wights on the march. Potential trials for Jon when/if Robb's will turns up. General "Jon Snow: Boy of Destiny" type stuff.

1- Bran, for all the mysteries inherent, and the Reeds. <3 Meera.

2- Tyrion, for the adventure, the setting, and Tyrion's wit.

3- Jon, for the NW, Stannis, Mel, and hopefully Tormund!

Arya's my favorite to read, but we already have a good idea what she's up to.

1. Daenerys Targaryen: I love Dany, and can't wait to see what happens.

2. Jon Snow: Jon is, though a fantasy cliche, still quite a wonderful character to read.

3. Bran Stark: I've always like Bran, the warging and the magic.

4. Davos Seaworth: Nice to read, though not much interesting

5. A new POV (I think Quentyn Martell): Dunno how exciting it will be. Reserving judgement.

6. Tyrion Lannister: Amusing but sometimes gets on my nerves.

7. Arya Stark: Don't really like her. Faceless Men training will be interesting, as will watching her degenerate as a person (sad, but true... She's falling to pieces...)

8. Asha Greyjoy: Sincerely dislike the Ironborn. Even her.

9. An returning POV (most say Theon Greyjoy): Theon was the only PoV that I actually hated. Of the others, I only moderately disliked them...

Tyrion

Arya

Dany, but only because of the preview chapter.

I'm not willing to vote for the new POV before I know who it is. I mean, what if I read the book when it comes out, and I don't like the POV?

Bran - for all the obvious reasons. Plus I love the kid.

Jon Snow - gotta find out what's happening at the Wall and how he's rising to the challenge.

Asha Greyjoy - I know I've said I can't stand the Ironborn and wish they'd go down with their ships, but really need to find out what's happened with Theon and our poor smallfolk at the Dreadfort. I actually can sort of stand her too. I find her funny.

I know we're only supposed to be allowed three, but I would love for the new POV to be Barristan the Bold - now, there's a POV that could give us backstory! (next to Howland Reed, of course) Plus he could give us a great perspective on how Dany's doing.

Archived