The ADwD POV you are most excited about

Summer

And that's why this will never happen I'm afraid. Not this soon, at any rate.

Then maybe an Osha POV - if that's where she's headed. I'd love to see Greywater Watch and how the people live. Plus, we need to find out about Rickon.

1. Jon Snow

2. Bran

3. Tyrion

The reason I chose Jon Snow is because he is my favorite POV, and I really want to know what will happen to the Wall, and possibly see some more of the Others.

Bran is also interesting, I want to know what Coldhand is, and what he will see north of the wall, and possibly seeing the children of the forest.

Jon Snow ( For what's happening on Wall. So many story archs and potential in one place with only one POV)

Bran (Finally! PLease some resolution to who is the Three Eyed Crow and what he's going to do and why)

Dany/Tyrion (Damn another fork in the road for so many characters. So many people meeting up with her and she finally entereing to rest of Westeros story arch)

Is it me, or does ADWD sound so much more exciting than AFFC. I know Jaime, Cersei, "Mystery POV" = Brienne, and hell I can't even recall anyone else but prologue POV characters were to be in book. But they are just dealing with the aftermaths of ASOS. There's no mystery, nothing new really being introduced. Fine, we get to see Jaime travel around and deal with being handicapped. We get to see Cersei self destruct, Samwell travel, and Arya train. But there's none of the really WOW factor, I felt.

I liked the book, but I wasn't like super excited. I am much more excited in potential development of the ADWD and its characters.

Latest tally (11/08/2006):

Jon Snow: 49

Tyrion Lannister: 46

Bran Stark: 40

Daenerys Targaryen: 28

An returning POV (most say Theon Greyjoy): 14

Arya Stark: 10

A new POV: 9

Davos Seaworth: 7

Asha Greyjoy: 5

Could we get some more Bran support please, I'm starting to loose my bet... :(

"A Dance With Dragons" is the book (out of ADWD and AFFC) that has the largest number of PoV's I'm not invested in.

1. Daenerys Targaryen

------ Dany has never been a particular favourite of mine because she has been so detached from the the main plots of Westeros. While we are shown some very exotic locations and very unique culture, the supporting characters: Jorah, Drogo, Strong Belwas and Daario really don't interest me that much.

I hope with Tyrion in the mix too that the Eastern story really picks up, I think it will be interesting have a second first impression of these characters from the Tyrion PoV.

I also hope that her storyline is more interesting and different to her first arc (which was essentially a high fantasy travelogue). I'd like to see a conspiracy against Dany in the shape of "The Sons Of The Harpy", some serious opposition to Dany. I'd like to see her face some big challenges.

2. Asha Greyjoy

-------- While I don't know how many chapters Asha will actually be given in "Dance" and even though I don't particularly like her character (not a Greyjoy fan), I think she could have quite a poignant storyline in the book. I'd like to see how Asha interacts with Stannis, her main opposition in the North. I think that either her or Stannis will be dead by the end of the book.

I think that the "Arms Of The Kraken" cycle SHOULD have been left out of AFFC and the whole of the Arya story arc as well as a final Brienne chapter included. "Arms" could have been told completely from Asha's PoV and would have fit nicely into "Dance".

3. New Point of View (Hopefully OSHA)

------- Osha would be the most informative POV we could be given. Just what does she know about the Others? Obviously she knows something or she wouldn't have made the comment about Robb marching South. What have Osha and Rickon been up to since the conclusion of "A Clash Of Kings"? It would be really nice to have a Wildling PoV. She would be the lowest character (socially) that we have ever had the PoV from, so she'd just be something different - a new spice for the series.

Jon Snow ( For what's happening on Wall. So many story archs and potential in one place with only one POV)

Bran (Finally! PLease some resolution to who is the Three Eyed Crow and what he's going to do and why)

Dany/Tyrion (Damn another fork in the road for so many characters. So many people meeting up with her and she finally entereing to rest of Westeros story arch)

Is it me, or does ADWD sound so much more exciting than AFFC. I know Jaime, Cersei, "Mystery POV" = Brienne, and hell I can't even recall anyone else but prologue POV characters were to be in book. But they are just dealing with the aftermaths of ASOS. There's no mystery, nothing new really being introduced. Fine, we get to see Jaime travel around and deal with being handicapped. We get to see Cersei self destruct, Samwell travel, and Arya train. But there's none of the really WOW factor, I felt.

I liked the book, but I wasn't like super excited. I am much more excited in potential development of the ADWD and its characters.

yeah, I too am more excited about aDWD than i was for aFFC. the pov's just look so much better. though i do expect this to also be another "setting the stage" type book. Winds of Winter i think will have the huge mega battles we've been waiting for. A Dream for Spring almost sounds like it'll be about the aftermath and future of westeros.

Myke:

Just as a friendly note, it's not a spoiler if it's something you just made up.

You say that now, but when it happens it's gonna be OMG BAN HIM!

I feel that the spoiler tag adds an air of mystery to my otherwise worthless/awesome theory.

1. Tyrion - The coolest guy in Martinland.

2. Jon - The only guy who can give a POV perspective on Stannis and Miss Red. Creepy guys, those two.

3. Theon - Is he flayed or is he not?

I would have voted for Victarion, if one was sure that he was the POV previously used. I really feel for the chap, and what Euron has made him go through.

I'd also have voted for Dany, but half her chapters are out anyway, and it does not look very likely that she'll be leaving Meereen any time soon.

Definitley Bran! That kid is about to find out a lot of exiting things.

IF the new POV is Osha, that's my second, if not I'm going with Jon (though the very identity of the new POV is a bit exiting in itself).

Third would have to be Theon. I can't really stand him but he's in a position where he's likely to see and hear a lot of interesting things.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived