The ADwD POV you are most excited about

Summer

As much as many of us deplore the "young lad coming of age and saving the world" cliche in the fantasy genre, this poll -- with Jon winning, even though plot progression so far would indicate that he will not have much story at all -- just confirms again that cliche still sells. Big time.

BTW

As much as many of us deplore the "young lad coming of age and saving the world" cliche in the fantasy genre, this poll -- with Jon winning, even though plot progression so far would indicate that he will not have much story at all in the next volume -- just confirms again that cliche still sells. Big time.

BTW Summer I agree with you: I'm also most interested in Bran's POV. First of all, his story is by far the most mysterious. For example, I have seen absolutely no plausible explanation for "Coldhands," "three-eyed crow," or what awaits them beyond the curtain of winter -- if that's indeed where Bran and the other kids are going.

Also, every other plot thread one way or another ties together, but his is the only one that seems to be getting more and more disconnected from everyone else's (well, maybe Arya too -- but her POV usually bored me to tears). By going north beyond the Wall, they will not meet anyone that is in the present story again. How will this thread be "looped back?" I once speculated that this small group could be the Frodo/Sam of ASOIAF -- secretly infiltrating the fortress of ultimate evil to destroy it from within. But even this is mere grasping of straws of analogy -- I simply have no clue where line of story is going.

Finally Bran's POV seems, at least to me, to be stylistically the most distinct. It is the most different from others due to his young age. There's something enormously appealing to me about the whole adventure-like atmosphere. The part where they wandered into the castle in the middle of the lake -- for some reason I was just utterly charmed by the sheer fun of it. Reminds me of the adventures that I daydreamed about when I was Bran's age. :)

Besides Bran, the second place, to me, goes to Dany/Tyrion. They clearly should be grouped together since their story threads are obviously coming together. That first meeting between the ugliest man in the world and the most beautiful woman in the world should no doubt be a MasterCard moment! :)

Third place? Asha Greyjoy for me. All the other pretty girls are hopelessly straight. Asha is the last hope for my lesbian sex fantasies. :P Being such an attractive butch, I'd say the chance is pretty good! :D

That first meeting between the ugliest man in the world and the most beautiful woman in the world should no doubt be a MasterCard moment!

I ever imagined that GRRM should - at least in parts - show us this meeting in both POV perspectives. And I think he will do it, as either Daenerys or Tyrion will remember it their chapters.

Third place? Asha Greyjoy for me. All the other pretty girls are hopelessly straight. Asha is the last hope for my lesbian sex fantasies. :P Being such an attractive butch, I'd say the chance is pretty good! :D

Well you've got Cercei =)

And I doubt someone who did some...questionable things to her brother bats for the other team in that sense.

What I'm most excited about with Bran is the (hopeful) exploration of the Other's, their motives, and their history beyond what the reader already knows.

What I'm most excited about with Bran is the (hopeful) exploration of the Other's, their motives, and their history beyond what the reader already knows.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. If anything, I think we'll learn about the Children of the Forest but the Others will remain mysterious.

From GRRM's works and podcast(s) he seems to fit the category of story tellers who believe that things are more frightful when kept in the dark...

• 1 month later...

Jon

New POV

Bran

Jon - not for Our Hero chapters, but to see what is happening with the areas he is intersecting with - Stannis/Melisandre, the Others/Wights, etc

New POV - just to see a new personality and the perspectives it brings - not that there aren't a lot of great characters, I just like seeing how one characters view of a situation shades it differently than others

Bran - 3 eyes crow, children, Coldhands, see if he has any way of being connected to Shaggdog to & see where Rickon is...

• 2 weeks later...

In respective orders:

Tyrion

Jon

Danaerys

I look forward to Arya (she is probably my favorite character), but I have a feeling that she will only have about 1 or 2 chapters. I look forward to seeing what has happened to Theon and seeing what he'll do now, though I never got too attached to his character. I am hoping the returning character isn't necessarily a returning POV, but simply a returning character, and that it is either Osha, or even RICKON (I am worried about little Rickon) or Jorah Mormont.

1. Theon Grayjoy. (If he is the returning POV, but it seems like it has to be). This is for two reasons. First of all I really pitty and like Theon and therefore I want to see what will happen to him. Also, I want to see the Dreadfort. Roose and Theon are two of my favorite characters so their interraction will be great for me!

2. New POV It is always exciting to see how a character thinks. Ofcourse how fun it will be depends on who it is. But finding out who it is will be great...

3. Tyrion After reading Tyrion 1 it seems like it will be fun to follow him.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived