Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The King Of Cooked Steak

Casting for Randyll Tarly

I think British actor David Morissey would make for a good Randyll Tarly. He can play the role of the strict leader pretty well. Shave his head and give him a grey beard, he'd look a lot like Lord Tarly. He even looks a bit like he could be John Bradley's father.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4sdz8wQSC1qbidbp.jpg

David Morrissey is a good choice, right size and age. I wouldn't think he would need to shave his head as the physical descriptions of the characters are not that important in translating to the book to the screen. More the feel for the character.

graham mctavish definitely fits the role, probably wouldn't be that expensive, has right appearance and could probably pull off randyll tarly pretty well

Mark Strong. Now that's a great choice.

I wanted him for Stannis, but I have grown to like Dillane.

-Daniel Craig

-Richard Armitage

-Alan Rickman, maybe?

I'd go with Daniel Craig, tbh, his performance in the James Bond movies shows he could play Randyll Tarly quite well

I don't know about Rickman. Looks nothing like Sam, and is too elegant (?) for a Randyll Tarly type of ogre dad.

Graham McTavish gets my vote.

My choice would be Philip Glenister, (Gene Hunt in Life on Mars). I think he'd portray Tarly's unfeeling, unforgiving attitude very well.