Let's pretend that you were a commoner, and winter has come...

death to all

I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get Heidrun to take me in :)

If you're willing to eat goat and turnips and card and pick wool, you're in! (I HATE, I mean HATE, picking and carding wool).

This goes for real life too. I have 3 bags of wool that needs to be carded and probably about 40 lbs of goat in the freezer.

If I live in the North, I will do what my ancestors did to survive, whatever that was. The older generations probably know how it worked then.

About the Others, I'd hardly believe they'd be coming. Yes, commoners are superstitious, but the Others are said to be a myth even by members of the Nights Watch, who were mostly commoners at some point. I bet I'd be facing wights before I had even heard about the Wall falling. Then, I'd shamble my way South to kill humans.

If you're willing to eat goat and turnips and card and pick wool, you're in! (I HATE, I mean HATE, picking and carding wool).

This goes for real life too. I have 3 bags of wool that needs to be carded and probably about 40 lbs of goat in the freezer.

Yes!

Getting my chickens together for a long winter, because I've got to make them last 5-7 years and they won't lay when it's cold. You know nothing, GRRM

Stocking up on my hay, making sure that the byres and barns are in good repair. Smoking sausages, drying meat, drying herbs and veggies and fruits, if I have access to sugar or honey, using those to help preserve things.

Now making sure that my animals that only breed in fall like goats and sheep are bred, You know nothing, GRRM, and slaughtering every animal that I won't absolutely need. If I'm wealthy enough to own a horse or two, they need to be kept alive at all costs even above my children. Because I can always have more children but horses are expensive. Keep a milch cow or two, goats eat less and can survive on twigs while cows can't, so goat herd stays in tact for now. Make sure that the pigs are kept out of the drafts. Card the wool so that we can spin and weave to make warm cloth during the long cold days.

Plant some cabbages and radishes because they can tolerate the cold. The carrots and turnips can stay in the ground for now because we eat the roots and the frozen ground will actually keep them fresh. If the snow falls, before the ground freezes, go out and plow the field one last time--it gets nitrogen in the soil. Start tanning the hides of the animals we slaughtered and gather some acorns for that. Extra acorns can feed the pigs.

Laugh at Stannis' army as it marches by

Damn, if the apocalypse ever happens, I'm looking at you to make sure my ass lives lol

Find a nice cave where it stays 50 some year round.

Set up some signs that say, "Those who arrive survive" with a map of how to get to your cave.

Eat whomever shows up and steal their shit unless they have useful skills/are comely girls you could repopulate the area with come spring.

Die. Get resurrected and die again. Probably. The chance for surviving for the common folk for surviving is too low, 0.0001%. And we'll have the highborn complaining why the peasants can't help themselves and survive and not become wights when it was their war that cost them their livelihood. I could picture it perfectly in my head Cersei saying just that.

Archived