[Book Spoilers] EP403 Discussion

Ran

I'm not pleased with the Jaime rape scene. Otherwise pretty solid. I'm digging the new Tommen oddly. Also this is confirmation of no Coldhands? Looks like the NW is going to take care of Dirk instead.

that was too rapey - Jaime wouldn't rape Cersei. Loved the manacles = log shrapnel at the end in Mereen. Arya and Shireen should rule the world. I hope Shireen makes it out alive. Maybe the Hound won't get hurt - maybe he'll get to the sellswords and Arya will lose him in Bravos? Pod and Brienne have to meet up and take off pretty soon - next week when Cersei delegates Sansa to Jaime.

This was actually my favorite episode of the season, mostly on the strength of the Sept scene. There was some great stuff going on there, all around. Lena played the shit out of that scene.

True to the books, Dany's head is now so full of fire, blood, and ego, her bravado is becoming a cliche. I do get a hardon whenever she speaks in High Valyrian, though.

I'm not pleased with the Jaime rape scene. Otherwise pretty solid. I'm digging the new Tommen oddly. Also this is confirmation of no Coldhands? Looks like the NW is going to take care of Dirk instead.

Also upset over the Jamie rape scene. Just doesn't make sense at all. I'm wondering if the show's given up on Benjen's storyline or if this means he for sure isn't Coldhands?

Also upset over the Jamie rape scene. Just doesn't make sense at all. I'm wondering if the show's given up on Benjen's storyline or if this means he for sure isn't Coldhands?

If he is or isn't, I think the show just decided it isn't impactful or influential in enough in the story to devote screen time to it. I usually trust their decisions, but it's a shame, because I rather like CH

In Bran's tree vision last week, we saw brief glimpse of a horse. Am thinking that it was Coldhand's mount.

Pretty boring episode. Not gonna complain too much since the first two were great. I feel like Petyr tries too hard to sound different for some reason. I swear he didn't sound like that season 1 and 2. Glad to see the Hound toe the line of paragon and renegade. The Tywin/Oberyn exchange was pretty good. Tywin guiding young Tommen away from Cersei is a nice indicator of future events where he tries to separate the next in line from being manipulated from a psycho woman.