[Book Spoilers] EP403 Discussion

Ran

This was without a doubt the most well written and paced of the season so far. Loved the Dragonstone scenes as well as those belonging to Silly (Sam + Gilly shipping lol). Also loved the foreshadowing with the mentioning of the Martell/Targ alliance, Golden Company, etc.

Having said that, I do have to agree that the Jaime/Cersei sept scene was just cringe-inducing (probably the sole negative aspect of the episode for me), made even worse by the fact that Cogman confirmed that it was intended to look 100% consensual.

I don't usually hate on the tv show (im pretty laid back and can usually understand the changes they make) BUT I HATE THAT THEY MADE JAIME RAPE CERSEI.

He is supposed to be in the midst/final transition of becoming a better man. Even before his redemption he would have never raped her!

Now I know how the Stannis fans feel :bang:

About Tommen's age and his marriage to Margaery...

Did anyone notice that as Tywin and Tommen were walking away, Tywin was telling Tommen about the need to marry and continue the family line?

The rest of the conversation went like this:

Tywin: To continue the family line. Do you know how that happens?

Tommen: Yes.

Tywin: Has anyone explained the details to you?

Tommen: I don't think so.

Tywin: It's all relatively straightforward...

Hmmm. Sansa and Tyrion never wound up consummating their marriage, either, but Tywin giving Tommen the talk? I wonder.

TV Tommen is...interesting. Despite being older, he still seems easily manipulated by Tywin...although, to be fair, Tywin was not wrong in anything that he said.

Edited by Newstar

totally love it when she talks high valyrian! i also liked the symbolism of the broken collars. nice.

The symbolism was great.

On different topic I really don't understand what D&D were trying to accomplish with the Jaime & Cersei rape scene. Their relationship is about consent, why would D&D distort it this way?

he left it on the railing, didn't he? sansa probably still has it, right? i mean, isn't that the "tool" everyone is speculating sansa will use to do him in?.

I thought he threw it off, on top of Dontos's body

he left it on the railing, didn't he? sansa probably still has it, right? i mean, isn't that the "tool" everyone is speculating sansa will use to do him in?

Littlefinger pretty clearly demonstrated that all the other stones are just made of glass or whatever, I thought, based on that.

Though that raises problems of its own, since that necklace doesn't seem to have a "front" or "back", so Sansa could easily have put it on with the poisoned one on the other side.

About Tommen's age and his marriage to Margaery...

Did anyone notice that as Tywin and Tommen were walking away, Tywin was telling Tommen about the need to marry and continue the family line?

The rest of the conversation went like this:

Tywin: To continue the family line. Do you know how that happens?

Tommen: Yes.

Tywin: Has anyone explained the details to you?

Tommen: I don't think so.

Tywin: It's all relatively straightforward.

Hmmm.

That was fantastic.

Partly because I think Tywin Lannister is one of the last people I'd want the "The Birds And The Bees" speech from. Poor Tommen.

Can't figure the Orys I thing. If they meant to say "Aerys I", maybe there are rumors that he was offed by Maekar? (Rumors he was offed by Bloodraven might work too, but Bloodraven was his uncle...)

Maybe Orys is the missing Targ king ruling between Jaehaerys I and Viserys I? It's the only place he'd fit in, unless he ruled for only a couple days and was killed by one of the kings already on the list and so no one counts him or something.

(Can't imagine Orys Baratheon actually ruled, and can't imagine Aegon I killing him either.)

Can't figure the Orys I thing. If they meant to say "Aerys I", maybe there are rumors that he was offed by Maekar? (Rumors he was offed by Bloodraven might work too, but Bloodraven was his uncle...)

Maybe Orys is the missing Targ king ruling between Jaehaerys I and Viserys I? It's the only place he'd fit in, unless he ruled for only a couple days and was killed by one of the kings already on the list and so no one counts him or something.

Could be. Or maybe the writers just made shit up. (Just saying.)

Well, I don't know why everybody is so upseted about Jaimie/Cersei sex scene. It was not rape! In the book, he finds her alone with Joff's body and takes her right there, while she says "stop, Jaimie, please, not here, not now".

What's the difference?

If that was rape, so it was in the books. The problem, I see, is that book Cersei doesn't care about it, she just accept the rape thing so she can control others (just like happens with one of the Kettleblacks).

Ahh! Wth just happened? Worst episode so far for me. Jaime raping Cersei?! Gilly is in Moles town & the wildlings have all gone mad! Very disappointing. Loved the Tywin/Tommen & Tyrion/Pod exchange. Sansa's escape scene was almost too bad to watch. I love Dany tho & thoroughly enjoyed the last scene. Miss Strong Below as :( but Daario is bad ass! So glad they changed his actor.