[Book Spoilers] EP403 Discussion

Ran

Save Sandor! Save Sandor!

Sandor is my favorite character of the whole freaking show. The guy is a great actor and has really brought one of GRRM's best supporting characters to life. The scenes with Sandor and Arya are excellent. I was laughing my butt off during the tonight's episode so much so that I think they might have topped the chicken scene with Polliver.

I'm just going to throw this out here, but I wouldn't be upset if the show runners changed up the script with Sandor and found a larger role for him. His character can't go away and then resurface as some hired hand who has found religion. Sandor has already hinted about going across the Narrow Sea to join the sell swords. I would love for Sandor to later join up with Tryion and Jorah.

In my dream of dreams, Sandor ends up as the captain of Jon Snow's kings guard. Of course, that would be totally un-Sandor-like, but a kid can dream.

According to Inside the Episode, Jamie is forcing her. Weiss and Benioff say it straight out.

I guess we've got the only two authenticated Cersei fanatics ever as the show runners then. Of all their poor characterizations, the one of Cersei has been the worst in my opinion.

Just watched it. Random thoughts:

Sansa's escape: I liked the creepy fog a lot. LF literally ruined the scene since he showed up. He's gotten worse, I couldn't stand his voice, his mannersims, everything, I hated that performance. Cringe-worthy at best

Tywin and Tommen's conversation over Joff's dead body: A return to season 1's clumsy info-dumps. New Tommen is bland as hell, at least for now

Cersei and Jaime: He's a piece of work allright, but he's the guy who was sickened with Aerys' rapings of Rhaella. Really, the scene looked awful. If Joff's body had fallen on top of them it would have been glorious.

Sam and Gilly: Someone needs to make a Sam meme now that says, "Fears his girlfriend's gonna get raped. Takes her to a brothel". Other than that, it was fine. I like those two actors a lot.

The Wall in general: Thorne seems more reasonable and human. I like that. Harington seems to be improving. Not sure about the whole angle with the mutineers.

Wildlings being fucking wild: What's the point of making the Thenns evil cannibals if you're going to paint Ygritte and Tormund in the shame shitty light. Shouldn't they look more sympathetic?

Tyrion and Pod: Pod didn't bother me that much for like the first time. Dinklage was good too.

Tywin and Oberyn: Starting with a close-up of an ass, really? At least they're aware that the nudity itself is a joke at this point. Tywin and Oberyn was way too direct, but I liked the dialogue for some reason. Tywin said last season that Dany wasn't a threat, now he's worried. Consistency!

Dany: Daario was badass, but it could've been a great moment for Barristan to fight so viewers know he's an awesome knight. Show, don't tell, show!

Davos and Shireen: They're everything, best part of the episode for me. Give Shireen a thousand Most Improved Character from Book to Show Awards.

Margaery and Olenna: Eh, it was ok.

ETA: Arya and Sandor: Very funny. Those have great comedic timing. Liked that Sandor does shitty things like in the books. I hope Arya will get more messed up and less moral soon

Edited by Jon of the (Evil) Dead

Oh, snap.

Yeah, that is dumb. He made it pretty clear he had a code.

Everybody lies.

I did like Arya mentions her Braavosi pals

I fear Stannis will not meet his Braavosi banker in the middle of a blizzard that has paralyzed an army, carrying Reek and fake Arya. That was so cool. Instead they'll meet over brunch. At least the Golden Company has the right size.

The Wall in general: Thorne seems more reasonable and human. I like that. Harington seems to be improving. Not sure about the whole angle with the mutineers.

He's back to calling Jon a traitor's bastard next week so not much of a change. They're just having the NW kill them instead of CH..gives them something to do until ep.9.

Wilding raid was the most brutal thing this episode. Did they show the kid at Castle Black afterward?

Yeah. He's chillin' next to Jon in the next scene.

According to Inside the Episode, Jamie is forcing her. Weiss and Benioff say it straight out.

Eeeeeehhh. I think these guys are really up Cersei's arse then. I mean, why write it this way unless they wanted her to look sympathetic and make Jaime look like a Big Bad Man? Eehhhh

(now i really need that grumpy Dany face gif. Brb going to hunt for it.)

Yeah. He's chillin' next to Jon in the next scene.

Eeeeeehhh. I think these guys are really up Cersei's arse then. I mean, why write it this way unless they wanted her to look sympathetic and make Jaime look like a Big Bad Man? Eehhhh

(now i really need that grumpy Dany face gif. Brb going to hunt for it.)

WHERE. ARE MY DRAGONS *eyesrollbackinhead*

or that other one?

He's back to calling Jon a traitor's bastard next week so not much of a change. They're just having the NW kill them instead of CH..gives them something to do until ep.9.

Yeah, I figured. I'd rather they had tied up the mutineers with Bran's storyline, though

Alex Graves said it turns consensual...which is not how I saw it, but whatever. Get your story straight, show people.

Tyrion and Pod: Pod didn't bother me that much for like the first time. Dinklage was good too.

Daniel Portman's acting pleasantly surprised me in that scene. Lots of actors I never really thought much of before have raised their game this season. Tony Way was serviceable! Kit Harington has been showing some actual expressions!

Emilia Clarke...yells real good? I got nothing, man.

Edited by Newstar