[Book Spoilers] EP403 Discussion

Ran

But based on Sibel Kekilli's interview that sounds like Shae is going to be portrayed as a revenge-seeking psycho, I'd say it's more a question of the show wanting us to root for him there.

Im already rooting for him there. :v

And your whinging is amusing.

I hardly noticed, to be honest. I hope next week they get Oberyn sleeping with Margaery and Loras just to be sure.

I hope we get a scene of Oberyn and Ellaria doing it doggy style while he monologues about his memories of his sister Elia.

Im already rooting for him there. :v

And your whinging is amusing.

What whining, woman? You're the one that's legit angry ready punch crotches.

I hardly noticed, to be honest. I hope next week they get Oberyn sleeping with Margaery and Loras just to be sure.

Well. At least we go to see them doing bisexual things instead of talking about bisexual things.

What whining, woman? You're the one that's legit angry ready punch crotches.

Well. At least we go to see them doing bisexual things instead of talking about bisexual things.

All the more reason to put a cork in it, big shot. :P

That Jaime thread has me in stitches though. Ahhh to drink the tears of fandom.

I think that ship has sailed.

...although I do think the writers will "course-correct" around the end of the season with Tyrion's character. There were complaints about Arya and Tywin being whitewashed in Season 2, and the writers have course-corrected since. I'm not too, too concerned at this point, although I'll be the first to raise hell if Tyrion doesn't kill Tywin and Shae as he did in the books.

Calling it "course-correct" is probably a nice way of putting it. The show is just primarily interested in shock value, rather than in love with it's nuanced characters.

It's why it's necessary to open yet another Oberyn dialog today with an edgy sex scene. It's why Jamie appears to be working towards deceny one episode and is raping someone the next. It's why the Wildlings are suddenly murderous Star Trek villains. It's why the Red Wedding was made to be more unexpected and more heartbreaking.

When they have Tyrion murder Shae, it won't be some attempt to "fix" his character the way it should be. The show could not give two shits about correcting Tyrion's character. It's all just about setting up the next shocking blindside that will get people talking about the show. Even better if Tyrion appears like a great human being before being thrown into a murderous rage. More shocking that way!

Edited by The Human Abstract

I remember when i first realized they were fucking with clothes on during the dothraki wedding. couldn't stop laiughing.

As hot as the Ellaria getting tag teamed by two gets was. I kinda wish they did something else with Oberyn and her.

What is it with Lannisters and cockblocking? Ellaria had crawled on top of Oberyn and things were ramping up and in walks Tywin, not of the partying spirit.

Edited by PhoenixFlame

Thats what came to my mind aswell, the wildings are being portrayed as just black.

Not really. The wildlings *are* butchers and rapists. There is reason when Mance walked up to the wall with his 100,000 army the Night's Watch didn't just open the doors and let them through. There is a reason why Bowen Marsh questioned Jon's choices. Even though ultimately allying with them was a rational move by Jon, the reservations of Marsh is legitimate and did not exist in a vacuum.

Oh also we pretty much got confirmation it was the QoT who did the actual poisoning, yeah? Even though the framing made no sense for it

I agree, Marg seems not to have a part in it, however, it almost sounded like Tywin planned it.

What also struck me was that that there was no missing stone in the necklace (or am I mistaken?). Thrashing it and dropping it next to Dontos did not make sense to me in respect to the book where Sansa keeps it against instructions.

hmmmmm. so much for her poisoning him with the remaining stones. or i suppose that could still happen in the book and the show will do it differently but it looks like that will not be the way littlefinger meets his ends.

I'm a little confused by this actually. In the book LF lets Sansa hold on to the hair net? Is there any mention of the hair net after she is whisked away from KL? I don't seem to remember.

Tywin, on the other hand, who doesn't care too much about his son, is ok with whatever outcome the trial has :) Either his enemy Oberyn is killed on his own accord, or he comes out happy because he got his revenge.

Isnt Tywin supposed to allow Tyrion to take the black?

I get confused when the show gets to conclusions ahead of time...

1. Tyrion, did you do it?

2. Tyrion, will you confess and take the black?

3. I will let the gods decide and get a champion (behold Mountain is Cercei's champion - note, not Tywins - then Oberyn is all over this.

Also, I wanted Tywin to take a glass of wine from Oberyn. The one that gives him a two week constipation (yes, I strongly believe this theory).