[Book Spoilers] EP403 Discussion

Ran

I wonder how far into the season it'll be that we get Yara showing up at the Dreadfort? Im a little surprised they haven't squeezed in a brief scene with her in the first 3 episodes, if nothing else just to remind people what she's doing.

Being irrelevant :crying:

Ahhh, the filler has begun! More scenes of the Hound doing something "bad" while Arya berates him. Sam and Gilly taking up precious screen-time, Jaime being turned into a rapist for some reason.

The best part of this episode was the Tommen/Tywin scene :bowdown: , too bad we didn't get to see Tywin give Tommen the sex talk. I'm sure everyone would love to hear what explanation he was going to give a young boy. We also got to see a cock! (I'm sure the ladies are loving this). It might have been pissing cock but atleast it's still a cock, and it's a wet one in a way.

Edited by Arry Lannister

I'm gonna go on a limb here:

The kid who got his father and mother killed during the Wildling raid and escaped to Castle Black is the one who's gonna snipe Ygritte with a bow or a crossbow. The way they show him looking at her while he's under the cart was way too ominous. It also would make sense the Night's Watch would arm him if he can hold a weapon.

Of course that's pure speculation, but I wouldn't be against it since it would be a sort of revenge for a poor orphan kid.

It would be better than her dying from an unknown archer.

Edited by SemperVII

Of course that's pure speculation, but I wouldn't be against it since it would be a sort of revenge for a poor orphan kid.

It would be better than her dying from an unknown archer.

People have speculated this before, Jon will teach the boy to use a bow which will ultimately lead to Ygritte's death which kinda makes Jon responsible, in a way.

Might have been mentioned, but did anyone else notice that they forgot to credit Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy)?

They forgot to let him talk or do anything in general as well. Probably because he doesn't put his penis in anything at any point.

I don't the Jaime and Cersei scene was as rapey as everyone's making out, when he got between her legs she wasn't protesting at all really and went along with it. The way people are acting it's as if he put a knife to her throat and held her down.

I know we've had Joffreys death but everything else just seems shoehorned in like there's no flow to the season yet, I can't put my finger on it at all just seems a bit odd watching these episodes.

Edited by acacia

I don't the Jaime and Cersei scene was as rapey as everyone's making out, when he got between her legs she wasn't protesting at all really and went along with it. The way people are acting it's as if he put a knife to her throat and held her down.

She was yelling at him to stop. He didn't. That's rape.

I don't know. I have always been taught when a girl says no, back the hell off. Not worth the risk. She did say no. They could have easily put Cersei saying yes yes at the end at least.

Boy they're really mixing in some blacks to make these grey characters considerably darker. Tormund and Ygritte take part in an on-screen slaughter(I guess that explains the back and forth with the canni-Thenns in ep 1), Jaime gets his rape on, Sandor goes full thug. They even had sweet Daario pull an Indiana Jones with his knife.

I was sort of surprised when Tywin said Dany had 3 dragons, but it was probably a way of saying "we're in deep shit and we need you"

Show Jorah is still snitching, maybe?

Anyway, that just did not sit right with me. The whole scene, for that matter.

Edited by Vegeta_Greyjoy

Wow, that Tywin lecture to Tommen was just embarrassing. he was speaking to him as if Tommen is 7 year old or just retarded. Terrible infodumping too, this show is subtle as a sledgehammer way too often.

St. Tyrion strikes again. That scene with Pod...just give him the halo already. Sheesh...

Edited by David Selig