[Book Spoilers] EP403 Discussion

Ran

Really? A back and forth discussion teaching him to reason things out is treating him like he's mentally handicapped? Most adults should speak to each other this way, you know as a productive discourse. (btw isn't the r-word considered quite offensive?)

bahahahah r-word. Did you just really say "r-word"? Dying of laughter here!

I thought Tywin was talking to Tommen as if he were any other person. Tywin talks down to everyone ever but hes actually not talking to Tommen as if he were a child. Hes speaking to Tommen as if he is just someone who needs to know whats up.

Well for better or for worse their doing a good job of making The Hound out to be a right cunt. It will definitely make it easier for Arya (and perhaps more importantly for D & D,the viewers) to leave him for dead at the end of the season.

I thought Daario was pretty flat and his method of dispatching the horse imo means my favourite scene that was never going to be filmed anyway-Bronn's joust with Ser Belman Byrch,Now definitely won't be filmed *sobs*.

I

Well for better or for worse their doing a good job of making The Hound out to be a right cunt. It will definitely make it easier for Arya (and perhaps more importantly for D & D,the viewers) to leave him for dead at the end of the season.

The Hound scene seemed to be a bad attempt at recreating the conversation Sansa and Sandor have on the rooftops. The problem with the Hound is that they pretty much have ignored his character for 3 seasons and have given him no background or development and now seem to be trying to fit 3 books worth of Character development into one season and it isn't really working.

Stealing the money from the family was bizarre. In the book he cheated the ferry men who wanted to cheat him and stole the farmer's cart and horse. He also was chased out of the village by the villagers as opposed to cheating them. I think this is similar to how they changed Stannis's motivation for burning people from treason to religion. It is as if D&D are trying to do characterisation by adding their own invented scenes, but missing what makes the characters who they are in the book.

In that case, if Margaery is in on it, and we know that QoT is involved (from the books atleast), a conversation involving Margaery and QoT in private is not going to include Margaery lament the fact that she might not be queen etc. Unless in the show they want to point the responsibility of the poisoning purely on Margaery, making QoT innocent.

The QoT is definitely in on it, and Margaery is most probably part of it too.

Littlefinger's acting is just cringeworthy. Oh, God, he's even worse than I remember. Varys is a good example of an actor who can play mysterious and creepy without sounding like someone who is trying to audition for a bad Batman parody. However, Sophie Turner is doing a great job with the material. She's really grown as an actress these past few years. I'm really looking forward to her storyline.

WTF was going on with Littlefinger's accent? It's funny that you mention Batman because I caught a bit of The Dark Knight Rises on HBO earlier in the day and, honestly, the speech patter is pretty similar.

I swear Aiden Gillen has had a different accent in every single season. But whatever he was doing on the boat (trying to whisper or whatever) was simply not working. My husband (who is Unsullied) said, "Yeah, the director should have just not accepted that take of the scene."

Any episode without Varys is a weaker episode, in my book.

Why do some people believe that Val or Mance's baby won't be introduced? They don't enter the story until later, when Jon goes to treat with Mance... Gilly being in Mole's Town doesn't mean anything, she can always be brought back to CB. The show writers make alterations but so far they seem to get back on track usually with all the major plot points (I'm assuming Val isn't a minor plot point, I can't see GRRM having her exist for no reason, plus her and Mance add a lot to Jon's story, I can't imagine what the show writers would do with his story without them.. ).

Well, Jon has an appreciation for the pretty things (Satin being one).

Although, I've got to say Satin is a dead ringer for show Jon.

On a more serious note, HBO would probably exploit poor Satin...he might turn up in a Loras or Oberyn scene? <_<

Satin might end up being the guy thats been having fun with Oberyn haha

Man, fuck Aidan Gillen. I dread every time Littlefinger comes on screen. His shitty Batman-voice and pedo-smile in every fucking scene is too much. He was mediocre in The Wire, and fucking shite in GoT. If they can recast Tommen, Beric, Darrio and Gregor, they can recast that asshole.

Man, fuck Aidan Gillen. I dread every time Littlefinger comes on screen. His shitty Batman-voice and pedo-smile in every fucking scene is too much. He was mediocre in The Wire, and fucking shite in GoT. If they can recast Tommen, Beric, Darrio and Gregor, they can recast that asshole.

Don't be so nasty! :lol:

That was from Littlefinger not me.

Edited by ~DarkHorse~

"Orys" is a Targaryen name, though.

Well, to the extent that Orys Baratheon may have been Aegon the Conqueror’s half-brother.

But I still think Martin is pulling a fast one on us with thus Aenys and Orys business; it’s like the punchline about Oral Roberts’ less successful brother, Anal.

Edited by CrypticWeirwood

Well, Jon has an appreciation for the pretty things (Satin being one).

Although, I've got to say Satin is a dead ringer for show Jon.

On a more serious note, HBO would probably exploit poor Satin...he might turn up in a Loras or Oberyn scene? <_<

More likely that Satin will be exploited for his potential as a birth-control mechanism.