[Book Spoilers] EP403 Discussion

Ran

Nope. It was debated last week. Kit said in some interview that he knows Bran is alive and he found out off camera. Hah.

Urgh, they haven't handled the Jon/Stark situation well so far. Although, we haven't had allot of Jon scenes yet so I haven't given up yet.

His home is in ruins (by 'Theon'), the Starks are no more, his brother and step-mother were brutally slaughtered, his crippled little brother is facing dangers he is all too aware of beyond the Wall and his little sister is missing and the other forced into a marriage with the enemy....is it too much to ask for some acknowledgement or angst? This is a big part of his character development in my opinion, especially taking into account Aemons 'duty vs love' speech about the reality of his vows in Season 1.

I wonder if we'll still get the 'when I woke up the world had fallen apart' quote? I'm still hoping we'll get some angst with Locke or even Stannis talking about Robb and Winterfell.

Edited by ~DarkHorse~

The scene has 47 dislikes on Youtube and allot of scorn from the comments. Probably the worst reaction to a scene I've seen so far.

The directors really were playing with fire, they should have made it clearer that 'it wasn't rape' if they were going with that angle. People freak out about what is considered rape and what isn't. Human rights and feminists will be getting out the pitch forks with this scene.

The scene has 47 dislikes on Youtube and allot of scorn from the comments. Probably the worst reaction to a scene I've seen so far.

The directors really were playing with fire, they should have made it clearer that 'it wasn't rape' if they were going with that angle. People freak out about what is considered rape and what isn't. Human rights and feminists will be getting out the pitch forks with this scene.

This has been the worst reaction. Look at the comments and likes on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lNpyDpWX4CM

I swear if this Jaime rape scene and Stannis infidel scene were in one episode the internet would've exploded.

It seems like D&D need to stop Alex Graves. He doesn't get it.

I wasn't aware there was an announcement that Coldhands had been cut. Could you link that please? Or did you get screeners for the entire season?

John Bradley actually did confirm that Coldhands had been cut in an interview with the Wall Street Journal last month. I'm surprised the video hasn't made its rounds yet--a lot of people are still in the dark about the cut. Probably because it's a long interview and the bit about Coldhands is couched near the middle.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7FnnCLLOi4

It's around 16:00.

It's a bummer--I loved Coldhands. But according to Bradley, this season is where the show and the books really begin to diverge. He also says, "There are some things that people will be expecting to be in season four that may not happen--or, if they do happen, won’t happen till future seasons." Take that as you will. As someone who's read the books and enjoys the show, I'm on one hand excited by the prospect. On the other hand, I'm kinda terrified.

If Stoneheart isn't revealed at the end of the finale, however, I'll go apeshit.

Heheh. You're right. The fact that Satin is a whore who doesn't have any sex scenes probably means there's no chance the character will appear.

Speaking of whores...we have Oberyn hanging out with them constantly. In the book, there's one brief mention that he known to have relations with men and women. Well, that was enough to get D and D excited and now Oberyn's bisexuality is his defining trait in his first three appearances on the show.

I do agree with the idea that Oberyn has already spent waaaaaaaaaaay too much time in THE brothel onscreen. I did want to point out that Oberyn does eventually mention to Tyrion (I believe during a cell visit) that he really DID visit the brothel and instead of finding a blonde, he had met Alayaya and mentions those lovely scars she now has, iirc. Still, here's hoping Oberyn is done with brothel duty. Not that I don't enjoy a peek at him and Ellaria, but it'd be nice to see THEIR actual quarters in The Keep.

lmao yeah. I love me some Edd and we need more Edd.

I'm a little worried that they've marked up our Edd with those chain scars, but if it means we actually get some dialogue, I'll be happy. I wonder if they will take Edd and Grenn back to Craster's Keep for the attack? THAT would give Edd lots to grumble about. :wub:

I'm a little worried that they've marked up our Edd with those chain scars, but if it means we actually get some dialogue, I'll be happy. I wonder if they will take Edd and Grenn back to Craster's Keep for the attack? THAT would give Edd lots to grumble about. :wub:

I missed why those two were kept, not just killed

You know its occurs to me that this season could well be subtitled "violence against men"

Joffrey - Poisoned by his mother in law

Tywin - Murdered by his own son

Theon - Tortured and turned into Gollum

Oberyn - Gets his face smashed in

The Mountain - Poisoned and dies an excruciating death

The Hound - Wounded in battle and left for dead

--

Violence is equally dealt to men, women and children in this story. It's a brutal world. Cut the bullshit.

Really. that was uncalled for.

People dont care if men get killed by other men. Its expected.

Women dying, especially killed by their lovers is a much more dramatic theme. How many men have been killed by thier lovers in this show or even the books ?

Even Robert was killed by a boar not Cersei directly.

Edited by King Zee

I think so did the showrunners...in the book they just flee back to the wall after the attack. But I guess we needed someone to know and report back what Dirk and Rast were up to? It's a messy plot they're telling, and I don't see why CH couldn't have been included, which would have made it a bit more tidy.

I'm not sure they even said why Edd and Grenn were held. They showed the chain marks and that was about it, other than Edd mentioning something about NOW Craster's wives realize Daddy was a treat compared to the black crows.

I will admit, part of me didn't like the idea of saying Edd and Grenn were held captive. It makes them look weak, in some ways, and they've done plenty already to make a mess out of story at and beyond the Wall the last few seasons. But, all in all, I am happy to have both Edd and Grenn back. I'm not sure why they didn't just have the two return with brothers as was done in the book. I suspect it was to give us the reminder of Craster's Keep so the new raid could be planned on it?

I think so did the showrunners...in the book they just flee back to the wall after the attack. But I guess we needed someone to know and report back what Dirk and Rast were up to? It's a messy plot they're telling, and I don't see why CH couldn't have been included, which would have made it a bit more tidy.

LOL and JINX, I said just about the same thing. ;)

One thing I've been meaning to mention: Did anyone notice Tywin, at the beginning of the episode, giving the order to seal the harbor or seize all the ships in the harbor? I suspect that will be how he comes across Shae? Not sure if this idea was posted yet, I haven't read the entire thread.

LOL and JINX, I said just about the same thing. ;)

:cheers:

I also agree with your additional point that it makes them look weak, especially when so much of the Wall's story has been messed up. They've done a pretty poor job characterizing most of the NW, and an even worse job with Mance and his people. But I think for the sake of this medium, and given how unexpected the mutiny was, it's not completely unreasonable. And it was nice to see them back. I missed Ed's commentary :D

One thing I've been meaning to mention: Did anyone notice Tywin, at the beginning of the episode, giving the order to seal the harbor or seize all the ships in the harbor? I suspect that will be how he comes across Shae? Not sure if this idea was posted yet, I haven't read the entire thread.

AH! Good catch! I had been assuming Bronn lied about her being gone, but I like this too.