[Book Spoilers] EP403 Discussion

Ran

Urgh, they haven't handled the Jon/Stark situation well so far. Although, we haven't had allot of Jon scenes yet so I haven't given up yet.

His home is in ruins (by 'Theon'), the Starks are no more, his brother and step-mother were brutally slaughtered, his crippled little brother is facing dangers he is all too aware of beyond the Wall and his little sister is missing and the other forced into a marriage with the enemy....is it too much to ask for some acknowledgement or angst? This is a big part of his character development in my opinion, especially taking into account Aemons 'duty vs love' speech about the reality of his vows in Season 1.

I wonder if we'll still get the 'when I woke up the world had fallen apart' quote? I'm still hoping we'll get some angst with Locke or even Stannis talking about Robb and Winterfell.

I wanted to ask: Are we sure that these words of Kit's (about him knowing about Bran offscreen, and him laughing about that) didn't mean that it was Kit who knew the truth, instead of Jon. Just wondering, I know Kit seems to have a good sense of humor, and I was wondering if that comment of his was clear or not?

:cheers:

I also agree with your additional point that it makes them look weak, especially when so much of the Wall's story has been messed up. They've done a pretty poor job characterizing most of the NW, and an even worse job with Mance and his people. But I think for the sake of this medium, and given how unexpected the mutiny was, it's not completely unreasonable. And it was nice to see them back. I missed Ed's commentary :D

I'm still not over Sam not sending the ravens, and I usually point out: How could he........you had him digging latrine ditches, LOL

But, yes, I'm just mostly happy to see Edd and Grenn. I love Edd and the two of them make a good pair onscreen, too.

I'm still not over Sam not sending the ravens, and I usually point out: How could he........you had him digging latrine ditches, LOL

Lol, that always reminds me of this parody video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-ovOjQVNq4 (that scene is at the 1:20 mark).

I wanted to ask: Are we sure that these words of Kit's (about him knowing about Bran offscreen, and him laughing about that) didn't mean that it was Kit who knew the truth, instead of Jon. Just wondering, I know Kit seems to have a good sense of humor, and I was wondering if that comment of his was clear or not?

It's possible he was speaking for himself, but it seemed like he was talking from Jon's PoV in the context, so who knows. I'm surprised it's never mentioned, though. Maybe on their way to Craster's Jon will say something about it?

AH! Good catch! I had been assuming Bronn lied about her being gone, but I like this too.

I noticed that right away, but became distracted with Jaime and Cersei scenes yesterday. I'm just staying away from that subject today, I think. It'll be what it'll be, and the show will probably never re-address it onscreen.

Lol, that always reminds me of this parody video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-ovOjQVNq4 (that scene is at the 1:20 mark).

It's possible he was speaking for himself, but it seemed like he was talking from Jon's PoV in the context, so who knows. I'm surprised it's never mentioned, though. Maybe on their way to Craster's Jon will say something about it?

Oh, parody video. Thank you. Big Smile

And, on Kit and Jon, thanks, hadn't read it so thought I would ask. Thank you again.

I noticed that right away, but became distracted with Jaime and Cersei scenes yesterday. I'm just staying away from that subject today, I think. It'll be what it'll be, and the show will probably never re-address it onscreen.

I certainly have my own feelings on the matter, but it's definitely a relief that thread was locked. And I think it's okay that we'll be missing out on Grave's directing in the next season. His post-interviewers were...distasteful.

There is another thread to discuss the scene between Cersei and Jaime. It goes for about 60 pages already... /rolleyes. Some of us don't want to discuss THAT specific part of the story, really. Not because it's wrong, uncomfortable or morally ambiguous but because it's TEDIOUS to hear the same arguments for 60 fucking pages. NO ONE here thinks rape is good, I'm quite sure of that. And if someone feels "morally" superior now because they condemn Jaime because of what he did, then what kind of person you were if you thought he was still ok when he pushed a kid through a window so he could keep fucking his own sister?

(clap clap clap clap clap) :agree:

I certainly have my own feelings on the matter, but it's definitely a relief that thread was locked. And I think it's okay that we'll be missing out on Grave's directing in the next season. His post-interviewers were...distasteful.

Luckily, I've only seen segments of Graves comments, not read entire articles. He's not helping, atall. I actually have some articles loaded now, and will read inbetween getting a few things done and just trying to have a little fun posting while I do.

I do think I have another little gem, like Tywin and the ship seizure, LOL, but I can't quite remember what it is right now. It'll come to me. ;) I hope.

Ha, what kaanchanoone said. Also I think we may all be a bit exhausted from yesterday's discussion.

That too. I just wanted to be sure I didn't babble everyone into silence, LOL Just reading all the articles about the show and the controversy is making me tired, probably because well, I'm tired, too, I'll just be the quiet one in the corner, unless I come up with something interesting.

Overall it was a good episode, though I was a bit disappointed with Daario's fight at the end, they could have made it a bit more specatular IMO.

Also I'm desperate to see some sort of action from Ser Barristan, I know the actor is old but still, Jaime's line "he fought like a painter who only uses red" really made my mouth water. I still have hope there will be some opportunity later in the

series

I still wonder what's going to happen to the hound. Does he have some festering wound that no one knows about and will he just fall off his horse at some point, or how are they going to do it?

On a sidenote I'm really glad they brought back the actor who played Martyn Lannister in Season 3 to play Tommen in this one. Would have been a waste of a pretty face. Seems a talented actor too.

I still wonder what's going to happen to the hound. Does he have some festering wound that no one knows about and will he just fall off his horse at some point, or how are they going to do it?

He took a cut across the back in the tavern but it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

I thought they would bring it up and have him say 'One of those cĂșnts cut me in that tavern' or such.