[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

WinterKing

One of my friends is really convinced that Dany's going to fly to Westeros on dragonback by the end of this season, since her dragons have really grown.

I don't have the heart to correct him.

I have that heart. I made it clear to people her dragons are untrained and unridden before the season started. Ep01 reaffirmed that and now they are happy to watch and let it unfold instead of flipping the desk at her not heading west yet.

My flatmate felt pity for Ser Dontos and so, so much pity for Tyrion: she was very touched by the Pod-Tyrion scene.

She's in perpetual astonishment at Tywin's exceptional abilities to manipulate everyone and to be a bastard. She thinks Tommen is a cute kid.

She was concerned that Sansa wouldn't make it out of King's Landing, but now she's even more concerned because of the lascivious looks Petyr is giving her.

She laughed at Arya and the Hound, she thinks their scenes are quite hilarious.

My sister's opinion of the episode was that it was like an hors d' oeuvre, she "didn't feel full at the end".

She said that Tywin is being clever and trying to defend his realm and position; Tommen "finally a smart one"; and she also said " I hope they do something at the Wall, like Stannis going there to help or something".

My ingenious friend figured out the PW plot. He recognized the significance of the necklace and suspected that LF and Olenna had formed a plan together to off Joffrey so that Margaery could marry Tommen – without me even pointing him in the right direction! The only thing wrong with his explanation was that he thought Brienne was also somehow involved due to her oath to Catelyn and the scene she had with Margaery in the premiere. He also asked me why the plan had to be so elaborate (e.g why LF couldn't just have had the necklace delivered to Olenna instead of Sansa), to which I kind of gawked and had no answer. Seriously, why was that plan so elaborate? If anyone can give me an answer I can relay to my friend, I'd be very happy, as I don't feel like going to the trouble of creating an entire thread about it.

I don't know if that's the main reason, but with Sansa wearing the necklace, she now is kind of involved in Joffrey's death and might be more under Littlefinger's control. I guess even though she despised Joffrey, she'd still feel guilty. And since Ser Dontos gave her the necklace, she might have been more willing to follow/trust him.

My ingenious friend figured out the PW plot. He recognized the significance of the necklace and suspected that LF and Olenna had formed a plan together to off Joffrey so that Margaery could marry Tommen – without me even pointing him in the right direction! The only thing wrong with his explanation was that he thought Brienne was also somehow involved due to her oath to Catelyn and the scene she had with Margaery in the premiere. He also asked me why the plan had to be so elaborate (e.g why LF couldn't just have had the necklace delivered to Olenna instead of Sansa), to which I kind of gawked and had no answer. Seriously, why was that plan so elaborate? If anyone can give me an answer I can relay to my friend, I'd be very happy, as I don't feel like going to the trouble of creating an entire thread about it.

It's simple, really. Littlefinger wants Sansa to be directly involved to more easily manipulate her into changing her identity and basically doing everything LF wants. Simply fleeing isn't enough, because in her mind Sansa might think that people will believe her, but when the poison was carried by her she's pretty much LF's prisoner.

Makes it more difficult to make a murder conspiracy connection between LF and Olena by involving Dontos and Sansa. Harder to connect the dots when there are more dots to connect.

My other half thought was pretty shocked at Jaime raping Cersei (he is unsullied and he thought it was rape).

He also likes Dany's story, as "she’s half a world away but her story is epic. She has Dragons and is conquering the world."

He then compared her to Genghis Khan. …I think it was complimentary. He also still refers to her as blond dragon chick.

He liked Stannis's table of Westeros but still thinks Stannis is a villain.

Thought Sam was a twit for sending Gilly to Mole Town.

I have a friend who has read the books up to, more or less, the Red Wedding, so she's not a complete Unsullied, but she didn't know anything about the PW or Oberyn, for instance. She just thinks that Oberyn and Daario are incredibly sexy. Also, regarding Jaime and Cersei, I gave her the page in the book to read, and she was pissed off and wishes they had kept it that way.

Really disgusted/shocked at Jaime. It was rape in her eyes and a major level of low- not just raping a sister while she is mourning her dead son but doing it in front of his corpse. She feels sorry for Cersei and doesn't want Brienne and Jaime hooking up any more.

Loves Arya and The Hound

Thinks Dany is a Badass who deserves the Throne

Thinks Stannis's daughter is cute and likes Davos...Stannis is a dick though.

Archived