[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

WinterKing

The friend I watched the episode with tonight is convinced that Jaime will die in the next couple of episodes because she was starting to like him and now that he is a rapist, it will be easier to accept his death.

One of my friends thought the contrary about the Jaime/Cersei scene, I told him there was a lo of controversy about it to which he replied: "WTF? This is a world full of gruesome murder and violence and people are worried about a little bit of rape?"

My dad likes "the blonde girl" and my brother declared "I KNEW IT!" when Littlefinger showed up.

I have a friend who has read the books up to, more or less, the Red Wedding, so she's not a complete Unsullied, but she didn't know anything about the PW or Oberyn, for instance. She just thinks that Oberyn and Daario are incredibly sexy. Also, regarding Jaime and Cersei, I gave her the page in the book to read, and she was pissed off and wishes they had kept it that way.

Oberyn is introduced before the Red Wedding. Your friend may be a poser insofar as book-reading goes. :P

Oberyn is introduced before the Red Wedding. Your friend may be a poser insofar as book-reading goes. :P

:drunk: :lol: :lol: I asked at the beginning of the season, because she spontaneously said how cool the "new characters" were. I told her she probably knew them from the book, and she says if she ever reached that part she doesn't remember. She left the book unfinished because it was beginning to be "too much", so It's likely that her attention was drifting during ASoS.

By the way, my flatmate didn't say anything about the necklace or anyone's involvement in the PW yet either.

- Jaime/Cersei seems to be a "so what?" for most of them

- many actually like Tywin a lot and classify him as rather one of the decent guys :huh: (that should help to get Tyrion darker though :D )

- especially the guys really enjoyed the Daario scene

- One guy just learned from me today that Daario is the same guy as the one in season 1 :wacko:

- there is a little more confusion about the poisoning than before (not sure if hinting Oberyns knowledge of poison just afterwards was so great), as some thing LF, Olenna and Oberyn were involved and they can't really see the connection of those three. (from what I saw in a trailer it might be that it's made a little more clear though)

- and I specifically asked what they think about Tommen as I noticed there was debate about him being to old and changing the actor: actually some didn't even realize that he was much older than last time we saw him although I was surprised that almost everyone actually still did remember that we saw him already at some point in the show, however it was more like "there was this brother at some point" but noone really cared how old he was back then or what he looked like, so not much confusion about that. Characterwise I think he comes of as intended, naive but nice little boy that is mostly gonna listen to what Tywin and maybe Cersei are telling him to do (although hardly anyone sees Cersei as a big player in the game anymore with Tywin being there and expected to take on most of the ruling and her being crushed by Joff's death )

My family has not said much, during the show as Sansa started running away my hubby started saying "Oh my goodness! We haven't seen that Littlefinger guy in awhile. It's him, he has something to do with it. It has to be him." So he got to feel good being right on that though he's worried for Sansa. His only other comment and he was half-joking after Dany's scene was to say this show is racist with the white people always freeing the slaves who are brown or black.

My dad who is a non-book reader, but a wiki reader - he and I are having an almost daily argument about what the last episode will be and when LSH will be revealed.

I like my few Unsullied that are always specualting a lot, it's fun to listen to them, because some stuff is pretty similar to what I expected and guessed when I read the books, but sometimes they come up with stuff I would have never thought about.

On of them spoilered himself by accident though about Tyrion this season, I was almost annoyed, because I always try to really not tell to not ruin the fun for them and mostly also me :D and then he just spoilers himself. :tantrum:

My one Unsullied friend had only one thing to say on the PW: "About time!".

She is onla a "casual" viewer, and have no predictions etc, so I watch TYTs "What the Flick" show on YouTube in order to get my dose of Unsullied predictions :drunk: .

I always watch all the reviews I can find on Youtube for the same reason, but the one you pointed out has a huge spoiler in it.

Now, everybody knows that Jon is not a bastard and that N+E=J. I think this guy was spoiled a little, but not enough to get a clear picture of the (hopefully)real formula.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH6fVsYkO8s

That particular part starts at 29:30.

One of my friends thought the rape didnt add anything to Jaime's character. I told them about the book version.

"No ! I hate it when it end like this !" - at the end of the episode.

They loved Arya and the Hound.

Another friend had a huge laugh at Daario pissing.

They find Sam and Gilly cute. "The actor who plays Sam has a very touching way to him."

"Motherfucking Thenns !"

"Dont piss Ygritte off !"

They enjoyed Dany's speech.

"Oh, shit ! It's Littlefinger ! Sansa's fucked !"

They found Littlefinger's scene very creepy.

They all think Olenna did poison Joffrey, but that's my fault, I inadverdently throw some clues.

My Husband is Unsullied so I always pump him for info

Jamie/Cersei scene: So what now that we started to feel bad for Jamie it's time to feel bad for Cersei?

-Which is my biggest fear for this scene. I want Cersei to fall apart internally due to a house all of her own making. I don't want there to be any "oh Jamie raped her that's why she's doing this" Nope, I want full on paranoid delusions and self-destruction throughout

Stannis: He's kind of an ass and he's a weak leader because he refuses to see that just because he has a right to the throne doesn't mean he deserves it.

-he identifies the religion as a piece to it but stated "he's rigid in general, of course he's like that with the religion"

Littlefingers a creep

Still likes Dany, Arya and the Hound

I always watch all the reviews I can find on Youtube for the same reason, but the one you pointed out has a huge spoiler in it.

Now, everybody knows that Jon is not a bastard and that N+E=J. I think this guy was spoiled a little, but not enough to get a clear picture of the (hopefully)real formula.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH6fVsYkO8s

That particular part starts at 29:30.

I almost thought he had guessed it for a moment XD

IIRC they mentioned in an earlier episode that he (Cenk) have read the first book. Might also be why he can remember the characters names better than some of the others. :dunno:

Archived