[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

WinterKing

My fiancé loved Dany and Daario went way up in his opinion.

He said Cersei is now his most disliked character since Joffrey died and the Jaime-Cersei scene did not bother him.

He dislikes Stannis now.

My brother loves Arya and the Hound and said he could watch a spin off show of those two.

Thinks Oberyn and Ellaria "are weird."

Says "Sam was being an idiot for sending Gilly to the *****house."

My best friend is unsullied but makes me "spoil" her sometimes so she'll know whats going on...

This week:

me: "Hey, Amy, did you figure out the Purple Wedding conspiracy? Who did it?"

Amy: "YES!!!! I figured something out all by myself!"

me: "Ok lets hear it."

Amy: "the Grandpa did it!!!"

me: ........ :bang:

I gave her a clue with the necklace but that only confused her more...so I just told her how it went down in the books.

She DID NOT think Jamie raped Cersei though she's never read the books...

She has no idea who Oberyn is or why he's in KL or why we care that he has orgies in every episode or anything...she is part of the concensus who thinks we need less brothels and more actual story. She was confused because she knew the Lannisters and the Martells were supposed to hate each other. So I explained all that mess to her as well.

She really likes Dany right now...but she thinks she'll be in Westeros soon. :frown5:

My boyfriend, also unsullied, has no issues with any of it. He's just taking it as a really cool fantasty "soap opera" kind of thing....

His exact words: Wow, GoT has been great this season so far!!!

He doesn't seem to care about the 3000 plots and characters and backstories and prophesies and layers to the series. He just takes it for what it is (which is fine). A cool show with boobs, dragons, boobs, fighting, boobs, an occasional penis, boobs...oh, and the Others are pretty cool!

I've told an unsullied friend that Jamie is a cool character that slowly gets redeemed and is a good guy.

She now thinks I'm nuts.

I feel for you... Who could have known what they are going to do?

Very stupid change, that actually robbed the scene of any subtler but deeper meaning...

My Unsullied loved Daario this episode and one of them actually didnt thought Cersei was raped.

I had a somewhat heated discussion with him about things, that are a no-go in consentual sex...

I find it strange no one payed attention to the sansa-escape or the things going on with Stannis.

This weeks episode really felt rushed for me... The non-book-readers seemed to miss everything important other than the Dany-scene...

We will see where this will end... I hope not in very confused non-book-readers.

A guy I've talked to was absolutely sure that Tywin was involved in the assassination. He thought it impossible that something this big was going on in King's Landing without his knowledge. He guessed Littlefinger was on it the moment he saw him, but I had to practically tell him about the necklace thing.

Re: Not remembering Oberyn from book

To be honest, I read the whole book and forgot about him by the time Feast came out. I did vaguely remember the fight with the Mountain, but not really much else about the Viper.

If you're reading for the main storylines, side characters can get lost in the mass of folk. Even characters like Oberyn.

I don't want to make any trouble so I'll just hint around and say my sister was glad a certain thing happened and didn't feel a shred of sympathy. She's pretty meh about Dany at this point, and doesn't really see where the "point" of the story is anymore. My dad is convinced Tywin killed Joffrey and Olenna had nothing to do with it.

Pretty much all of my unsullied coworkers were just like "WTF was that all about with Jaime??? Does that happen in the books?" I tell them it's still pretty F-ed up in the books, but it's clearly consensual when it all goes down. Whatever the director's intentions were with that scene supposedly having it end as consensual ... they've clearly failed.

Regarding the PW:

A couple of them have figured out that Littlefinger is involved but they've yet to really connect the dots between Littlefinger and the Queen of Thorns. My coworkers either think it's one or the other ... "... and that Oberyn guy! He has the knowledge of poisons!" Oberyn is such a fantastic red herring.

I mentioned to an usullied what was coming....Grief sex.

Wondered If HBO would...and of course, they did

but the ambiguity....meh..

So, I sort of had to explain... grief is a type of death in itself, and grief sex happens,

as the brain breaks out of it's inert state of numbness.

It's not gentle, the mind is struggling for the surface of normalcy.

It just sort of happened, before the corpse was completely cool.

< shrug> C'est la vie.

I have tried to explain to all of my Unsullied friends that book Jaime would *never* rape Cersei and that the scene was a mistake for his character development and they should forget about it. They said they will try to forget it seeing as they didn't like it either and found it a bit out of character.

Two non-readers at my job were talking about the show. One guy said he heard that Robb's wife didn't die in the books and that she's pregnant so Robb still has an heir out there. I didn't say anything but I was LOL'ing inside.

That same guy knows I read the books so he asked me if Cersei had anything to do with Joffrey's death. I asked if he really wanted a hint and he said no. I was surprised he asked that.

Another non-reader I know thinks Prince Oberyn did it and that Sansa is about to die. Now he thinks Sansa is going to a brothel :lol:. He changed his mind and thinks the fool (Dontos) did it with the necklace. :lol:

I have tried to explain to all of my Unsullied friends that book Jaime would *never* rape Cersei and that the scene was a mistake for his character development and they should forget about it. They said they will try to forget it seeing as they didn't like it either and found it a bit out of character.

My friends had exactly the same response , when i explained them how it was in the books and Jaime's character. Yh,need to forget that thing.

I was rewatching this episode when my little brother came in (never seen GoT) during the scene where the wildlings raid that little village

"is this The Hobbit?"

Archived