[Book Spoilers] Gilly in Mole Town

There is still plenty of time for them to ad Dalla, Val and the baby; while doing the baby swap. For those making the case, that the show runners don't wish to cast more people; just look at the characters who have died and will die before this season is over. They will have several open slots on the payrol! :devil:

I think the addition was more for production reasons, they need a point of view in Mole's Town as it is being raided. Gilly will survive the raid because she is a wildling. Maybe her and Ygritte will have a sexposition scene.

I think peoples are thinking too much. The burning of Moletown is clearly going to be an important setpiece and the best way to show it is to have a character the audience knows already in place.

They could have placed her there in ten seconds in a dialog between Jon and Sam while they go to see what the deal is with the kid from the southern village.

Instead we have 10 wasted minutes on a scene that isn't even in the book.

Moletown can burn offscreen as well. They could see the flames/smoke from the wall and compare it with the fire Mance will start north of the Wall.

the "Raper, raper, raper, thief, raper and a thief,raper" line when we see the new recruits was nice, but the rest..not so much. At the moment, Sam(and even Gilly) has more screen time than Jon, and that isn't very nice. And showing us the ugliest whore alive didn't helped matters either.

They could have placed her there in ten seconds in a dialog between Jon and Sam while they go to see what the deal is with the kid from the southern village.

Instead we have 10 wasted minutes on a scene that isn't even in the book.

Moletown can burn offscreen as well. They could see the flames/smoke from the wall and compare it with the fire Mance will start north of the Wall.

the "Raper, raper, raper, thief, raper and a thief,raper" line when we see the new recruits was nice, but the rest..not so much. At the moment, Sam(and even Gilly) has more screen time than Jon, and that isn't very nice. And showing us the ugliest whore alive didn't helped matters either.

Well , I think Gilly is cute and I welcome her increased screen time even if it is just plucking geese.

More seriously you should be able to realise that they are building up the Wilding menace. Jon spent a lot of time downplaying the Wildings last season so now they need to be built up as an effective force.

Hence : the appearance of the Thenns, the attack on the little village and soon an attack on an established town. The tv audience needs to see just how effective a force these Wildings are to believe the castle is in danger.

Like i said I expect fully the burning of mole town not be offscreen but to be a major set piece taking the emotional place of the attack from the south in the novel. I also expect to see refugees flooding into Castle Black. Maybe even the ugly whore.

Jon will get his moments. Sam needs his as well. After all for all we know it is SAM and NOT Jon who will be the major force in dealing with the Others.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else think Osha had gone undercover in moles town?

haha! Yes! I feel 'the ugly whore' is going to get some bad press on here.

Seriously though, i can see Gilly being there for the attack, somehow getting away and then after the attack at CB, Sam realises, 'there is no safe place in the North anymore, best i drag her with me to Oldtown / Hornhill - oh, and maybe my fat pink mast can get some too!'

:drool:

Obviously the whole thing is pointless if the wildlings attack Mole Town. Maybe they will and Gilly somehow hides and survives, leading to a really dramatic moment when Sam comes back looking for her and he finds her and they'll kiss. :wub:

:ack: :ack: :stillsick: Please, no. I can see this happening and it's worrying me now.

Kind of assuming that's the last we see of Gilly until next season .. but they needed to touch on that plot line because even Unsullied in Youtube videos were asking "what happened to Gilly and her baby?" after s3e10/s4e1 .. now she's stashed away and perhaps Sam goes to pick her up on the way to Oldtown next season... Maester Aemon won't even see her!

In a way Sam's right (albeit for the wrong reasons) in getting her out of there before the wall is attacked, granted if they breached the wall it's not as if she'd be safe for much longer than she would've been otherwise.

Maester Aemon met her when Sam returned to the wall with Gilly. She tells him that she named her baby Sam, and Maester Aemon asks to Sam if he remembers his vows. That's when Sam says the baby isn't his, but he does remember that his vows tell him to guard the (emphasis his) "realms of men," which in his opinion includes Gilly and her son.

I didn't mind their scenes as much as some, but I think it would have been a more effective use of their screen time if Gilly had asked Sam whether or not he told Jon that his brother is still alive. I would still like to see an explanation for Sam not telling Show!Jon about Bran going north of the Wall!

I still think the baby switch can happen, since they can introduce Dalla, Val, etc. when Jon is sent to kill Mance in his tent once Mance reaches the Wall. I don't see them removing that bit from Jon's storyline, as I think it's important that Jon is beyond the Wall with the wildlings when Stannis shows up.

Obviously the whole thing is pointless if the wildlings attack Mole Town. Maybe they will and Gilly somehow hides and survives, leading to a really dramatic moment when Sam comes back looking for her and he finds her and they'll kiss. :wub:

:ack: :ack: :stillsick: Please, no. I can see this happening and it's worrying me now.

Well, it would be stupid and pointless like much of the made up stuff, but as stupid and pointless things go, I'd like to see them kiss. Or hug. Or something. Let at least one of the love stories play out on in some sort of book approximate fashion on the show.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else think Osha had gone undercover in moles town?

You know, I thought the exact same thing. There was something in her mannerisms and face that reminded me of Osha. I tried to find some sort of evidence that the actress who played her, Natalia Tena was involved with the show this season, but came up empty. It does strike me as a safe and straightforward way to rewrite Osha and Rickon's path, by having them hide in the Mole's Town brothel. It is also worth noting that Ser Locke will almost certainly pass through the place on his way to Castle Black in search of Stark boys. Suspense!

Archived