[Show and Book Spoilers] A Balanced review of Stannis.

The Stannis scene was overall kind of lame, although the good news is that there was nothing that made him look as blatantly bad as anything from Season 3 or even the last episode. Stannis' scene just felt really rushed or something. And D&D continue to prove their mediocrity as writers by having in one episode look like he's growing disillusioned with R'hllor, and then in the next having him convinced the leech ritual was the real deal.
Not to mention the exclusion of "weddings have become more perilous than battles, it would seem". The line about raiding the pantry was kind of funny though, but still, not the same.

While they're at it the Stannis/Davos dynamic is still completely ruined - Davos losing his patience with Stannis? No way in fucking hell. Lets hope this redemption shit pays off.

Stannis is all in behind the Red God because, as he explains here, it's all he has left.

Davos looks like he's about to change that, though.

Yup, I have a feeling the tide is turning and Show!Stannis is about to become a lot more palatable.

Stannis is all in behind the Red God because, as he explains here, it's all he has left.

Davos looks like he's about to change that, though.

Hopefully.

Now i am getting a good idea of D&D's fan fiction writing. They are making him go to Braavos just to set up a conflict between attacking KL when being told by IB and saving the watch when being told by Davos.

That would be his cart before the horse line.

Last episode I was horrified for Stannis as a tv character but this episode brought me a little hope. The whole wildling scene was pretty brutal and I think that helps with what's going to happen in the future this season. The big miss on the show was the classic Stannis line about weddings being more dangerous then battles.

I think at this point it's pretty safe to say the show isn't ever going to make Stannis into the pretty interesting guy he is in the books, it's something we just have to accept and move on from. As sad as that it is.

although the good news is that there was nothing that made him look as blatantly bad as anything from Season 3 or even the last episode.

While they're at it the Stannis/Davos dynamic is still completely ruined - Davos losing his patience with Stannis? No way in fucking hell. Lets hope this redemption shit pays off.

and while i'm usually on the side of the show isn't really that off base, i felt like today's episode was really off in how he was interacting with davos but you think it wasn't so bad. go figure. :dunno:

and while i'm usually on the side of the show isn't really that off base, i felt like today's episode was really off in how he was interacting with davos but you think it wasn't so bad. go figure. :dunno:

Maybe because i have terrible expectations from D&D in regards to their portrayal of Stannis.

The Stannis scene was overall kind of lame, although the good news is that there was nothing that made him look as blatantly bad as anything from Season 3 or even the last episode. Stannis' scene just felt really rushed or something. And D&D continue to prove their mediocrity as writers by having in one episode look like he's growing disillusioned with R'hllor, and then in the next having him convinced the leech ritual was the real deal.

Not to mention the exclusion of "weddings have become more perilous than battles, it would seem". The line about raiding the pantry was kind of funny though, but still, not the same.

Why is that unbelievable? I mean Joffrey did just die last episode.

I think at this point it's pretty safe to say the show isn't ever going to make Stannis into the pretty interesting guy he is in the books, it's something we just have to accept and move on from. As sad as that it is.

It's sad that they always cut his best lines from the books. I honestly don't care about his story in the show anymore. It's all about Shireen.

Good to see you have made your point to illuminate the discussion. Thanks. :)

I am really sorry people discount you so quickly based off your forum name. I've found your reviews these last few episodes to be totally fair.

Good to see you have made your point to illuminate the discussion. Thanks. :)

Yeah because there is anything to debate with a stubborn person such as yourself. You've already made your mind up about D&D "fanfiction". I've let my opinion be known about Stannis and the show adaption in other threads and I don't feel like re-hashing the same arguments over and over again with a person as deluded as you and your coven of fellow circle-jerk reactionaries. I'll leave the lynch mob to it.

I am really sorry people discount you so quickly based off your forum name. I've found your reviews these last few episodes to be totally fair.

Thanks.

Yeah because there is anything to debate with a stubborn person such as yourself. You've already made your mind up about D&D "fanfiction". I've let my opinion be known about Stannis and the show adaption in other threads and I don't feel like re-hashing the same arguments over and over again with a person as deluded as you and your coven of fellow circle-jerk reactionaries. I'll leave the lynch mob to it.

Good to see you have established me as deluded person, now we can talk as equals. :)

Edit: Mod i didn't start this at all.

Archived