[Show and Book Spoilers] A Balanced review of Stannis.

what will make you guys satisfied with stannis? martin even wrote last episode and people still criticized his scenes.

I believe that scene was written by D and D for the season premiere and it was moved to the second episode.

I did laugh at Stannis's reaction to the minor houses that Davos said he brought in to the fold. That was more Book Stannis.

what will make you guys satisfied with stannis? martin even wrote last episode and people still criticized his scenes.

Grrm didn't write those and I'll be satisfied if they show his character like it was in the books or keep him offscreen till he reaches the wall.

Bringing up the Iron Bank of Bravos earlier than expected. Doesn't Cersei have to refuse to pay the debt first before Stannis can offer to pick up the tab?

But yeh, at least Stannis didn't get the same treatment as Jaime this episode.

And its not true Dave hates Stannis. Dan yes, but Dave no. He's much more fair in his approach to the character. I'd advise watching HBO's inside the episode S4 Ep 2. Really highlights what they were thinking with the burning scene. They clearly have different perspectives on Stannis.

Bringing up the Iron Bank of Bravos earlier than expected. Doesn't Cersei have to refuse to pay the debt first before Stannis can offer to pick up the tab?

But yeh, at least Stannis didn't get the same treatment as Jaime this episode.

And its not true Dave hates Stannis. Dan yes, but Dave no. He's much more fair in his approach to the character. I'd advise watching HBO's inside the episode S4 Ep 2. Really highlights what they were thinking with the burning scene. They clearly have different perspectives on Stannis.

They'll just have him go and be refused a loan because the IB want to give the IT a chance to pay up, then when they turn up later the show people will understand.

They haven't explained 'The Iron Bank will have its due' and how they replace kings if they don't pay etc. in the show so they have to help it along.

What do you guys think about Stephen Dillane?

I liked Stephen Dillane as Thomas Jefferson in John Adams, and I like him now as Stannis Baratheon.

He delivers a great performance and is very believable as Stannis. He even gets the iconic teeth grinding down.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130321112449/gameofthrones/images/1/10/Stannis-S3.jpg

Stephen Dillane doesn't write the script. He can't fix what the writers fuck up. He can only work with the lines he is given.

Martin didn't write those scenes. They were originally from the premiere and were switched for time reasons.

what will make us satisfied with Stannis... oh I don't know maybe actually give him the lines he used in the book? Isn't that a novel idea....(pun intended*)

I agree. The line about "weddings" was severely missed.

This episode confirms to me that Stannis plot is about Shireen. She's going to win the Iron Throne in name of his father. And she IS her father's daughter.

I'll have peace on those terms. A Baratheon on the throne is my favoured ending.

Archived