[Show and Book Spoilers] A Balanced review of Stannis.

That'd be cool. Lose the really heavy Angel/Devil dynamic and show what Stannis is like without people whispering in his ear constantly, so people can get a sense of what he's really like when he's not suddenly leaning one way, and then the other.

Imagine if we'd get a scene of him getting the Mountain Clans on his side.

would be nice use of the "I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt...", after an initial rejection of the mountain clans... then they join him... :commie:

but who knows if they will put the mountain clans...

That would be great. Seeing how he uses Jon's advice and gets the Clans. Scenes in the North and at the Wall with Jon , is time to show his badassery , but i have a little hope for it , knowing what was before in the show. ( Between , D&D think , that Stannis will be very bad king , lol ).

Just for giggles they should throw in a scene where Stannis has to defeat a clan champion to win the clan... Okay, thats a bit far

Also, just watched the episode, the disgust for sellswords seems to come from the fact that they have no money, and "not enough men to raid a pantry" combines Stannis' dry humour with the fact that he knows the strength of every house. Good job there, I think.

Also, this really puts the S3 finale into perspective, its always been Mel who's told Stannis to fight the great war by winning the Throne, that was merely a continuation of that, as the sparing of Davos to gather troops shows, but it'll still be Davos who says "to the Window, to the Wall!"

Who is going to support Dillanes scenes while he marches on WinterFell? Stannis needs a buddie to do the scenes....at best Asha is supposed to be a prisoner.

I guess they could flesh out Justin Massey.

or not. the scenes in the north are really stannis' time to shine. it might be best to strip him of a buddy.

That'd be cool. Lose the really heavy Angel/Devil dynamic and show what Stannis is like without people whispering in his ear constantly, so people can get a sense of what he's really like when he's not suddenly leaning one way, and then the other.

I would love to see Justin Massey on the show (They'd have to cast a very handsome actor, of course with beautiful, white blonde hair and long, fancy bangs which always fall over his eye. Someone who fits to this "boyband knight" image :cool4: ) and I loved him and Asha in ADWD and her relationship (I love Asha and Justin generally both :wub: ), and to see all these dynamics between queen's men / king's men / Northernmen / Asha / Stannis...

but I know what you mean; this is really Stannis' time to shine and nobody should distract the watchers / distract attention away from him!

Oh, yes, yes, YES! I always wanted to see this "on-page"(?), so at least now I want to see this on-screen.

Stannis listening to Jon's advice and then how he "eats their bread and salt, drinks their ale, listens to their pipers, praises the beauty of the beauty of their daughters and the courage of their sons" and that all presumably with a loooot of annoyed teeth grinding and impatience and not much passion - I absolutely want to see this!

I always wondered how exactely that took place... I know, it was The Ned's little daughter who brought them to his side, but if he was really at their feats, listened to pipers and all, I'm more than proud of him :D.

That would be great. Seeing how he uses Jon's advice and gets the Clans. Scenes in the North and at the Wall with Jon , is time to show his badassery , but i have a little hope for it , knowing what was before in the show. ( Between , D&D think , that Stannis will be very bad king , lol ).

They should show everything! His badassery and humour:

- "You haggle like a crone with a codfish, Lord Snow. Did Lord Eddard father you on a fishwife?"

- "Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing!"

- Jon: "The freefolk despise kneelers. . . Let them keep their pride and they will love you better."

Stannis: "It is swords I need from them, not kisses."

- Melisandre: "His grace is going fond of you."

Jon: "I can tell. He only threatened to behead me twice."

- Jon: "No, Sire. I agree these castles must be garrisoned-"

Stannis: "The boy commander agrees. How fortunate."

- Stannis: “Do I need to make you swear an oath before a tree?”

Jon: “No.” Was that a jape? With Stannis, it was hard to tell.

- Janos Slynt: “Who better to command the black cloaks than a man who once commanded the gold, sire?”

Stannis: “Any of you, I would think. Even the cook."

- Jon: “Two score, small and large. Flint, Wull, Norrey, Liddle ... win Old Flint and Big Bucket, the rest will follow.”

Stannis: “Big Bucket?”

Stannis + Jon / NW = comedy gold :laugh:

My hope is also... not sooo big... But I'm still sure we will see a wonderful "Edd, fetch me a block!" scene (since Janos Synt finally appears more / appeared again this season), with Dominic Carter crying "I have friends in KL, important friends!", Kit Harington chopping off his head (I really like his development this season so far!), then looking to Stephen Dillane, their eyes meet, and then: Dillane giving the epic Stannisnod of approval! (It will ROCK! I can so well imagine this scene with Stephen & Kit!)

My hope is also... not sooo big... But I'm still sure we will see a wonderful "Edd, fetch me a block!" scene (since Janos Synt finally appears more / appeared again this season), with Dominic Carter crying "I have friends in KL, important friends!", Kit Harington chopping off his head (I really like his development this season so far :), then looking to Stephen Dillane, their eyes meet, and then: Dillane giving the epic Stannisnod of approval (It will ROCK! I can so well imagine this scene with Stephen & Kit!)

ill kill myself if they dont have that, and Stannis' nod from the tower

I feel as if, if anybody should die, during the Battle at castle black/the wall it has to be janos Slynt, though.... he's a total punkass!

ill kill myself if they dont have that, and Stannis' nod from the tower

I feel as if, if anybody should die, during the Battle at castle black/the wall it has to be janos Slynt, though.... he's a total punkass!

:agree: + his laughters / smiles e.g.

- Jon: "...Though I could not say why you took so long about it."

Surprisingly, Stannis smiled at that. "You're bold enough to be a Stark..." or

- Jon: "In return for all we’ve given you, grant me the men to fill out the garrisons. Men-at-arms, cross-bowmen,raw boys. I will even take your wounded and infirm.” Stannis stared at him incredulously, then gave a bark of laughter. “You are bold enough, Snow..."

(I love the Jon / Stannis relationship :wub: and how much Jon's boldness amuses Stannis XD)

There's that rumour here that maybe Thorne will die... I think it's pretty likely Grenn, Pyp or Edd will die :frown5:... and of course Ygritte... and who else :dunno: no idea (Janos should kindly stay alive, Edd has to fetch the block in season 5).

Surprisingly, Stannis smiled at that. "You're bold enough to be a Stark..." or

- Jon: "In return for all we’ve given you, grant me the men to fill out the garrisons. Men-at-arms, cross-bowmen,raw boys. I will even take your wounded and infirm.” Stannis stared at him incredulously, then gave a bark of laughter. “You are bold enough, Snow..."

(I love the Jon / Stannis relationship :wub: and how much Jon's boldness amuses Stannis XD)

There's that rumour here that maybe Thorne will die... I think it's pretty likely Grenn, Pyp or Edd will die :frown5:... and of course Ygritte... and who else :dunno: no idea (Janos should kindly stay alive, Edd has to fetch the block in season 5).

No way dude, haha.

If Dance and Feast are gonna be the next two seasons they need to have Janos getting his head lopped off in s4(maybe in the middle towards the end) and his stabbing at at the end of s5. That's my take at least. theyre already in feast arcs for certain people this season

No way dude, haha.

If Dance and Feast are gonna be the next two seasons they need to have Janos getting his head lopped off in s4(maybe in the middle towards the end) and his stabbing at at the end of s5. That's my take at least. theyre already in feast arcs for certain people this season

But Jon needs to be the LC to punish Slynt's insubordination. Why should he have the right to kill Slynt this season, when he's only an ordinary crow? (I agree that the stabbing will be the season 5's ending).

Of course, if Janos dies at the BoCB, there won't be "Edd, fetch me a block" for him, but it's unlikely I think (unless they want to use another character for that).

"Edd, fetch me a block" happens in ADWD, after Stannis' offer, the LC's election, some Jon/Stannis talking, aso... and I reckon (no, I'm actually very sure!), this season won't even reach the end of the Wall arc of Storm.

If the ninth episode ends with "ASOS - Jon X", you can't put the "Samwell IV", "Jon XI", "Samwell V" and "Jon XII" stuff in the tenth episode, especially when this episode already includes "Only Cat!", "Wherever whores go", hopefully the reveal of LS, maybe Arya's arrival in / journey to Braavos; they needed the most GCI budget for this episode and the title is "The Children", so also Bran & Co. and Dany; I've heard of the cast of an Ironborn captain for his episode, so maybe also Greyjoy stuff... hell, I have no idea how exactly this episode should look like o.O

Following the ASOS chapters after "Jon X", I would expect:

- Jon's and Stannis' (and Mel's) conversation on the Wall, Stannis' offer

(Pretty sure, LC election will happen in season 5, Stannis' offer and the election in ONE episode would be veeery strange and you can't have much Wall in this episode with so many other storylines, and leaving Jon this season with his thoughts about becoming Lord of Winterfell or not, would be a great season's ending for him)

- Jaime frees Tyrion, "Wherever whores go", Tywin's death

- "Only Cat", Lysa's death

- Many people expect we will leave Arya this season with her getting on a boat to Braavos or arriving there

- LS (as last scene)

Then - because of the huge GCI budget and title - probably also:

- Bran & Co. meeting the Children of the Forest and fighting against the wights

- Dany having problems with her dragons, Drogon killing a child

And maybe (because of cast rumours):

- Finally Balon's death?

How on earth will they manage this :wacko:?! There can't be 8 storylines in one episode, IMO.

But I mean, Tyrion's, Sansa's and LS's storylines will be THESE episode's highlights and shock moments, Bran and Dany sound pretty much confirmed, but they also have to show The Wall and the battle's aftermath, even if 4.09 is already full Wall centred (I mean, people'll want to know what happens there after this and after the BoCB 4/8 chapters, so the half of the them, are Jon or Sam POVs).

Will some of these events happen earlier, so 4.08 / < 4.08? Will we leave some characters already so early this season? I have no clue :dunno:...

Edited: But my wish for 4.10 is definitely the Stannis/Jon conversation on The Wall and the "Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty..." line, that together with the legitimisation offer (and the rest of their dialogue) would make great season's endings for both, Jon and Stannis.

Even if there is only one line referring to Stannis appearing at the wall this needs to be if!

I had a dread thought: the dire wolves were found at the site of a dead lion with a spear from the antler of a dead stag in its neck. So Stannis might be at least as doomed as the Lannisters :(

@TOS

:lmao: :bang: :lmao:

Totally forgot were IN s4

Forget evrything i said. Imma dumbass :dunce:

so yah! s5

Haha, hey, no problem! ;)

Even if there is only one line referring to Stannis appearing at the wall this needs to be if!

I had a dread thought: the dire wolves were found at the site of a dead lion with a spear from the antler of a dead stag in its neck. So Stannis might be at least as doomed as the Lannisters :(

Huh, when did this happen? I only remember the dead direwolf (without a lion) with the antler of season 1 / AGOT, but I was referring it to Ned and Robert (both dead now). Stannis is luckily still very alive…

But you can easily say, that pretty much more than half of the characters can be considered as doomed :frown5: (but I won’t give up hope till TWOW is released).

I had also a thought: What will Mel do in the rest of the season? We know she’s certainly together with the host at Castle Black in 4.09 and I’m sure we will see her burning Orell’s eagle (Carice already said something about time on a horseback this season and a stunt woman) and as from 4.10 then, she stays with Jon & Co. at Castle Black.

But I heard something about her having a bath scene and there’s this picture: http://37.media.tumblr.com/e0afd54ba7fbfc8d1720d9155ef9e06b/tumblr_n3qkggcjZl1qbszkbo2_250.gif

(search in the web for “Melisandre bath scene” or “Melisandre taking a bath”, it sounds pretty confirmed).

Carice also said we’ll see more of Mel’s things: http://www.thegate.ca/television/021613/carice-van-houten-talks-melisandre-for-season-4-of-game-of-thrones/

“In the fourth season you do see a little more of Melisandre’s room and the stuff she uses–she has a little cabinet of powders. This one puts people to sleep, that one makes men wildly lustful, this one will kill you instantly.”

So…Mel’s room, her magic powders, a bath… When should this happen?! Certainly not at Castle Black and absolutely not on that ship, so it must be her room in Dragonstone. Will we see something like “In the meantime, in Dragonstone…” when Stannis and Davos are in Braavos or what?

I really hope it won’t be an awkward Stannis / Mel farewell scene before the journey to Braavos, with Stannis gatecrash her taking a bath and seeing her naked and… *remembering beach scene* :ack: urg, No!

But she wouldn’t show him her powders, so more likely a Mel-alone or Mel/Selyse scene? In an episode before 4.09?

I disagree that stannis has been butchered completely, although the series has definitly made some missteps (mostly in season 3).

take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmEkKsKwycM

this really shows the stannis that I loved in the book.

"Robert told me to hold storms end so I held it, then he told me he was giving it to Renly, so I gave it up, insult or not I gave it up, because Robert was my older brother and he was the king and I've always done my duty, but now I'm the rightful king by every law of westeros and when I sit the iron throne you'll be my hand."

this is stannis, the man that holds duty and justice in such high regard, and the man who cares little about a mans blood.

season 3 definitly did things wrong, mostly during the sacrificing.

But so far I've liked him in season 4, during the burning scene he looked disgusted to me (a stark contrast to his wife's enthusiasm) .

the problem as I see it is Mellisandre, because he seems a far better character in scenes that don't involve her.

The casting of stannis was flawless (like most GoT castings), Dillane is almost exactly how I pictured stannis in my head and his acting is great.

I disagree that stannis has been butchered completely, although the series has definitly made some missteps (mostly in season 3).

take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmEkKsKwycM

this really shows the stannis that I loved in the book.

"Robert told me to hold storms end so I held it, then he told me he was giving it to Renly, so I gave it up, insult or not I gave it up, because Robert was my older brother and he was the king and I've always done my duty, but now I'm the rightful king by every law of westeros and when I sit the iron throne you'll be my hand."

this is stannis, the man that holds duty and justice in such high regard, and the man who cares little about a mans blood.

season 3 definitly did things wrong, mostly during the sacrificing.

But so far I've liked him in season 4, during the burning scene he looked disgusted to me (a stark contrast to his wife's enthusiasm) .

the problem as I see it is Mellisandre, because he seems a far better character in scenes that don't involve her.

The casting of stannis was flawless (like most GoT castings), Dillane is almost exactly how I pictured stannis in my head and his acting is great.

Agreed about season 2 Stannis. He was truly awesome. My favourite scene of his:

Stannis: You will command the fleet into Blackwater Bay.

Davos: Your Grace, I'm honoured, but... the other lords... they won't be happy.

Stannis: Most of those lords should consider themselves lucky I don't hang them for treason.

Pure Stannis.

or not. the scenes in the north are really stannis' time to shine. it might be best to strip him of a buddy.

Yes please! It's sad that in most scenes we've seen Stannis in, somebody else is making the decision for him. We need to see him more in-charge.

I would love to see Justin Massey on the show (They'd have to cast a very handsome actor, of course with beautiful, white blonde hair and long, fancy bangs which always fall over his eye. Someone who fits to this "boyband knight" image :cool4: ) and I loved him and Asha in ADWD and her relationship (I love Asha and Justin generally both :wub: ), and to see all these dynamics between queen's men / king's men / Northernmen / Asha / Stannis...

but I know what you mean; this is really Stannis' time to shine and nobody should distract the watchers / distract attention away from him!

Omg if they cast Justin Massey & actually keep the ~boyband knight~ image, I'd do a happy dance! He amuses me so. :laugh: Just imagining him fixing his hair while Stannis fucking Baratheon is talking to him makes me :lmao: everytime.

-snip-

But I heard something about her having a bath scene and theres this picture: http://37.media.tumblr.com/e0afd54ba7fbfc8d1720d9155ef9e06b/tumblr_n3qkggcjZl1qbszkbo2_250.gif

(search in the web for Melisandre bath scene or Melisandre taking a bath, it sounds pretty confirmed).

Carice also said well see more of Mels things: http://www.thegate.ca/television/021613/carice-van-houten-talks-melisandre-for-season-4-of-game-of-thrones/

In the fourth season you do see a little more of Melisandres room and the stuff she usesshe has a little cabinet of powders. This one puts people to sleep, that one makes men wildly lustful, this one will kill you instantly.

SoMels room, her magic powders, a bath When should this happen?! Certainly not at Castle Black and absolutely not on that ship, so it must be her room in Dragonstone. Will we see something like In the meantime, in Dragonstone when Stannis and Davos are in Braavos or what?

I really hope it wont be an awkward Stannis / Mel farewell scene before the journey to Braavos, with Stannis gatecrash her taking a bath and seeing her naked and *remembering beach scene* :ack: urg, No!

But she wouldnt show him her powders, so more likely a Mel-alone or Mel/Selyse scene? In an episode before 4.09?

Maybe we'll have scenes of just the ladies in DS while Stavos sails to meet the IB... :dunno: I could see Mel showing Shireen or Selyse the powders & other magic stuff. Though I have no idea which other character will be with her in the bathscene (there *has* to be someone else there, right?) .. It's not gonna be Selyse or Shireen (why would they interrupt her there?), so it could only be Stannis :uhoh: or maaaaybe Davos.

Dear Onion Sleight: I need to stop posting before coffee. Thanks for not zapping me.

Hihi, don't worry ;). No Problem!

Also, this really puts the S3 finale into perspective, its always been Mel who's told Stannis to fight the great war by winning the Throne, that was merely a continuation of that, as the sparing of Davos to gather troops shows, but it'll still be Davos who says "to the Window, to the Wall!"

I've thought about this... Show!Stannis still thinks Gendry could have helped him, he's still willing to rely on (dark) magic, he's still wild about Davos; that's actually his condition after Davos smuggled Edric away, but BEFORE Davos shows him the NW's letter.

We all know that happens in the books after the deaths of the other ursurpers. Show!Stannis already saw the letter, but actually is this situation now (let's forget for a moment the strange decision of Balon's still alive)!

If the show wouldn't have messed up the storyline, then his behaviour would make more sense at that point of the story.

But because they changed the arc so strangely, I could imagine they wanted to postpone / want to move the moment, in which Stannis listens to Davos and begins to realize that magic is the wrong way to fight for the IT and that he must do something active, must do his duty, save and care about his kingdom; deeds (in the North) instead of Mel's sacrifice-ideas (on Dragonstone).

This moment hasn't happend till now - but going to Braavos (an idea of Davos) is the first step. The Letter to the Iron Bank is also something Davos has done by himself, without Stannis' permission, but he seems to find it later a good decision and act of Davos (despite every anger), because we know he will sail to Braavos. And then -when the IBoB plot happens in this way I imagine it will (or in a similar way)- Davos will still be the person who turned Stannis' focus to the North.

It seems to me as if the moment of "Stannis relies on magic, Davos does something without his demission, Stannis is super angry, Davos comes out with a new plan, he makes his king realize which way he should use / go, he reminds him on his duty,..." is somehow moved to his season, even it should have happend last season.

At the moment the anger and desperation is still there, there's no right "direction", no realization - but this all comes NOW (<- the next episodes) / will come soon! He and Davos will leave Melisandre behind on Dragonstone and "set sail with a new strategy" as the episode 6's description says. And then my IBoB-theory and... -> Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!

(It will never be "Book!Stannis! Book!Stannis! BOOK!STANNIS!" on the show, but Show!Stannis isn't lost till now. Maybe his men can cry "(Show)Stannis! (Show)Stannis! (SHOW)STANNIS" in ep. 9 without only-show-watcher thinking "Oh no, not he!")

Omg if they cast Justin Massey & actually keep the ~boyband knight~ image, I'd do a happy dance! He amuses me so. :laugh: Just imagining him fixing his hair while Stannis fucking Baratheon is talking to him makes me :lmao: everytime.

That would be awesome, wouldn't it? :D I love Massey (Don't fail in Braavos, Justin, or else :whip:!). If he would appear on the show, his hair tick has to appear, too! He shouldn't distract attention away from Stannis, but maybe they could cast Richard Horpe, too and give them both, Massey and Horpe, buddy-bitchfight-rivalries :box: (y'know, to make a Death March through a fucking blizzard funnier).

I would find this trio humorous, it wouldn't been this heavy "Angel & Devil whispering in the king's right & left ear", much more "The awesome Mannis and his two different, barmy sidekick knights, courting for His Grace's attention".

Archived