[Book Spoilers] Littlefinger goofed?

He wanted to show her not to trust anyone, and that life is not a fairy tale. He probably also wants to scare her into thinking she can only ever rely on him.

Bingo. He's the biggest creep, and I think they really nailed that aspect with his lack of personal space

He killed him in front of her in the books too.

:agree:

ETA :Or maybe you are posting in the wrong forum... I feel it suits more the general forum the discussion of why LF killed Dontos in front of Sansa

Why would Littlefinger kill Dontos right in front of Sansa? If he wanted to gain her trust, wouldn't he have done better to wait until after she was led to her chamber? Did LF choose to win Sansa's obedience through indimidation rather than trust?? Or did he just goof up there??

This is the same Littlefinger that throws Lysa through the moon door in front of Alayne. And then tells her all sorts of conspiracies and plots he's working on. Killing Ser Dontos was nothing. And also he knows that she's just seen Joffrey die. And he tells her "your necklace contained the poison". His first words with her are putting Joffrey's death partially on her.

Ser Dontos isn't even the first person she's seen murdered that day. I'd say it is pretty consistent. We also know that Littlefinger sees Sansa as a younger version of Cat. So he lets his guard down around her quite often. Taking huge risks with her because he is obsessed with her.

And he tells her "your necklace contained the poison". His first words with her are putting Joffrey's death partially on her.

Err, this never happened in the scene. He just showed her that the necklace was made of glass and reminded her that everyone in King's Landing is a liar, and that Dontos did it for gold, not because she saved his life.

My only complaint from this scene is that it loses the context from the books as to why Littlefinger was there in the first place. The book handles that part, but this scene did not.

Err, this never happened in the scene. He just showed her that the necklace was made of glass and reminded her that everyone in King's Landing is a liar, and that Dontos did it for gold, not because she saved his life.

My only complaint from this scene is that it loses the context from the books as to why Littlefinger was there in the first place. The book handles that part, but this scene did not.

Well if nothing else, it certainly shows the audience who to root for now. Sansa can't trust Littlefinger either so of course they needed to show that obvious corner she's now backed into. Everyone will feel a need to coach Sansa along now because of course she's caught like a mouse between the paws of a clever cat.

It's just like when she looked back at the city before she got into the row boat. She knew there was no going back and whatever was ahead was the only way she could go. Littlefinger could do anything he wants right now and she would have to go along with it. It doesn't really matter if he killed Dontos in front of her or not - it was part of the danger he decided to show her she was really in over her head. Of course Sansa doesn't trust him anymore than she trusts anyone else. That's part of the whole idea and was made clear in this scene quite effectively.

Yea it wasn't really a goof. Actually since from here on out LF basically starts to take her to school on the game by showing how it works, I think and I thought this even when reading the books that, he was teaching her once you have a useless piece and it has become a liability, and lets face it, Dontos was most certainly that, you get rid of it for good.

The only thing he goofed is his ridiculous accent.

It's so distracting! I was pretty much laughing through the scene because of it, despite the fact it was supposed to be rather dark.

Archived