[Book Spoilers] Littlefinger goofed?

Why would Littlefinger kill Dontos right in front of Sansa? If he wanted to gain her trust, wouldn't he have done better to wait until after she was led to her chamber? Did LF choose to win Sansa's obedience through indimidation rather than trust?? Or did he just goof up there??

Intimidation :agree:

Also, like he said -- an arrow buys the silence forever, unlike money...I like that the show is moving on from Baelish Lord of Brothels early portrayal.

You might want to ask yourself why LF has a Mockingbird for his sigil.

Actually this may change my mind as to Littlefinger's changeable accent, the notion that he may be modifying his accent to the person or people he may be speaking to is rather a deft one... you may have convinced me... it goes with the slippery nature of his character, that he may use his accent/diction, etc to ingratiate himself or to intimidate/control another... yeh, this is very persuasive... good point!

Just thought I'd put a link to "Chaos" here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG3H9E-B464

It is a superb little sequence and I am sure the accent LF uses here is very similar to that of his scene with Sansa in this ep.

Thanks for linking that. I think if people watch that they'll remember that Littlefinger has always sounded like this and it may be a put off for some but I think overall it's been a good 'villain' portrayal in the over the top skeevy rat kind of villain way. The mockingbird has always changed himself to fit whoever he's talking to and whatever situation he needs to fit in order to keep climbing that ladder.

I'm sad to see this and the other thread with so much Aidan Gillen bashing. :(

/stand

Taking a stand for Littlefinger.

Aiden gillen is a good choice for the part but his voice was really distracting, and it didn't strike me as having anything to do with Wales. whales maybe?

the mockingbird link is a good one, but I don't recall his changing voices in the book. it's not like the show to add layers of subtlety

I want to like it but sometimes I just cannot take the accent seriously, I mean if he just spoke in his normal Irish accent it would be miles better IMO.

Are the people that aren't 'feeling it' generally Americans/non-Brits? It's not completely consistent but there's a definite welsh lilt there, especially in the last episode

I'm Welsh. There isnt. And if there is then it just bemuses me EVEN MORE. i like the idea of him changing accents and behaviours with different people.

Archived