[Book Spoilers] Littlefinger goofed?

I see a lot of topics on Gillen's voice which changed drastically from the first season. Does he have a smoking problem or something? It would explain a lot.

As for the over the top portrayal- I don't know if they're doing it because they feel TV viewers aren't smart enough to get the subtlety of his book counterpart. But they keep whitewashing Tyrion among other characters. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. They seem to be doing the opposite with Littlefinger.

He killed Dontos in front of her, because doesn't want her to trust anybody but him, while he also wants to ensure she's a little afraid of him and makes her partly responsible too. This is the perfect combination of emotions for Sansa to be completely tied to him so he can comfortably pedo-creep on her while she doesn't even consider attempting to slip out of his little fingers.

This is the same Littlefinger that throws Lysa through the moon door in front of Alayne. And then tells her all sorts of conspiracies and plots he's working on. Killing Ser Dontos was nothing. And also he knows that she's just seen Joffrey die. And he tells her "your necklace contained the poison". His first words with her are putting Joffrey's death partially on her.

Ser Dontos isn't even the first person she's seen murdered that day. I'd say it is pretty consistent. We also know that Littlefinger sees Sansa as a younger version of Cat. So he lets his guard down around her quite often. Taking huge risks with her because he is obsessed with her.

Just a nitpick but he's not really obsessed with Sansa...he's obsessed with Cat. He only sees Sansa as Cat v2.0, not even as herself.

Just a nitpick but he's not really obsessed with Sansa...he's obsessed with Cat. He only sees Sansa as Cat v2.0, not even as herself.

Which would make for a wonderful scene with Littlefinger meeting up with UnKat and her giving him the comeuppance he deserves when she finds him with Sansa somehow.

He's Irish irl.

His accent in GOT... I have no idea what that is or why it's so hilarious.

Sanshaaaaaaaaa

He's Irish irl.

His accent in GOT... I have no idea what that is or why it's so hilarious.

Sanshaaaaaaaaa

He is speaking with a welsh accent, I believe Martin has compared the Vale to Wales before

Which would make for a wonderful scene with Littlefinger meeting up with UnKat and her giving him the comeuppance he deserves when she finds him with Sansa somehow.

The thing is that he'd probably enjoy it :/ Who knows what makes this character tick? He doesn't have a POV so we don't really know what he is.

Archived