[Book Spoilers] Wildling raiding

C.T. Phipps

So what do you think of their portrayal in the show? It seems like they're trying to treat the Wildlings as a threat now versus them as just another group of Seven Kingdom types. It seems a little...off to me.

How about you?

I think they're trying to douche them up so we don't feel as bad when they die - 'specially Ygritte.

Who looked incredibly sexy in the wide shot after her she loosed her first arrow, I might add :drool:

But yeah.. if any time a bit more 'gratuitous violence' could be beneficial to development of a villain, this could be it.. Thenn's aside of course but it was kind of a "Potattooooessss.. boom.. boom.. eat yer mama & papa.. go to castle black tell the crows how BAMF we are IRL" .. visually it didn't do a lot for me but I didn't mind the scene.

I understand why they included this scene, but at the same time, it was unnecessary, since it diffused all the tension from Jon Snow's storyline.

In the books, there is no communication sent by the wildlings beforehand, as far as I remember. So the entire burden of convincing his brothers in black to prepare for war falls on Jon Snow's shoulders. This scene diffuses the tension, as the wildlings have made their presence and their intentions known.

Very well executed scene, though.

Gonna make a giant leap now with the way that little boy was looking at Ygritte that he is the one to stick a fatal arrow in her. Preferrably Jon trains him.

Yeah that added bit makes for good fist-pumping television. Boy gets his revenge and the crowd goes wild.

So what do you think of their portrayal in the show? It seems like they're trying to treat the Wildlings as a threat now versus them as just another group of Seven Kingdom types. It seems a little...off to me.

How about you?

Styr was so cheesy this episode.

Archived