[Book Spoilers] Wildling raiding

C.T. Phipps

"Yo Mama makes the bestest potatoes"

*Arrow through the face

How about some people on the outskirts being stealthily killed, before moving inside.

It was just macabre. But I nearly laughed at that point about that.

Overall I liked that scene - because of the choreography.

Like others said, I don't know why people would really expect stealth. There's a reason it was a raid and a massacre. Why did they have to be stealthy if that wasn't needed?

Mance instructed them to wait for his signal, and then attack from the other side while he charges The Wall. I think it is pretty much implied that he wanted them to lay low till that point. I don't remember how it went down in the books though, so don't hold me up to it.

Mance instructed them to wait for his signal, and then attack from the other side while he charges The Wall. I think it is pretty much implied that he wanted them to lay low till that point. I don't remember how it went down in the books though, so don't hold me up to it.

with Jon escaping , surprise is no longer an option. I'm assuming that Styr has new orders- create diversions to drain Castle Black's strength.

The raid and the menacing music was all good, it was really effective in displaying WHY the Night's Watch raid and fight the Wildlings, and WHY they can't just let them through and all sit together and fight the Others united, but my GOD the OTT cannibal shit is a bit naff, if they were skagosi it would be kind of awesome, but I'm still annoyed they did this to the Thenns.

I think we are being a tad harsh on cannibals here. Surely murder is worse than cannabilism anyway?

Cannibalism by itself is condemned as an awful crime in Westeros. Killing and then eating someone like the show!Thenns? That's like 10x worse.

with Jon escaping , surprise is no longer an option. I'm assuming that Styr has new orders- create diversions to drain Castle Black's strength.

How would he have gotten new orders? If they were discovered, wipe out whoever discovers you but I can't see them preparing for "if Jon Snow does escape, here is what I want you to do..."

Gonna make a giant leap now with the way that little boy was looking at Ygritte that he is the one to stick a fatal arrow in her. Preferrably Jon trains him.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that !

Aside from that, I found the scene quite well done ! Reminds us of their ferocity !

My main deception is Tormund. Come on ! "Har" a little for us man ! I hope they have so good Tormund scenes ahead !

But otherwise, the raiding scene was good, imo. And I dont mind the Thenns being cannibals ! Shortcuts. It always makes sense to merge different strong visual aspects of the story : in this case the bald bronze-armored Thenns and the cannibals Ice-River clans.

i disliked the portrayal of the wildlings so far, i think its pretty far off from the books where they were just desperate people. yeah, they raided from time to time but its implied that many wildlings, if not the majority, were more concerned with feeding their families and making a living than wholesale slaughter. it makes letting the wildlings through the wall look like a stupid move on jons part. put another way, they are portraying the wildlings in the same way most southerners see them, not the way they are

Archived