[Book Spoilers] Wildling raiding

C.T. Phipps

How would he have gotten new orders? If they were discovered, wipe out whoever discovers you but I can't see them preparing for "if Jon Snow does escape, here is what I want you to do..."

I swear, Bookreaders miss half the enjoyment of the Show becuase they cant put the book down and actually pay attention to what is right in front of them.

In the very first episode of this season.

Tormund flat out says he's waiting for Mance's orders,

Ygitte says Tormund sent a man over the wall "at the full moon"

When Styr shows up he says that Mance sent him and he chides Tormund for losing his baby crow.

i.e. Tormund sent a man back over the wall to tell Mance that Jon escaped and to get new orders and Mance sent Styr with reinforcements and new orders.

i disliked the portrayal of the wildlings so far, i think its pretty far off from the books where they were just desperate people. yeah, they raided from time to time but its implied that many wildlings, if not the majority, were more concerned with feeding their families and making a living than wholesale slaughter. it makes letting the wildlings through the wall look like a stupid move on jons part. put another way, they are portraying the wildlings in the same way most southerners see them, not the way they are

The Lord of Bones and the Weeper would like to have a talk with you.

i disliked the portrayal of the wildlings so far, i think its pretty far off from the books where they were just desperate people. yeah, they raided from time to time but its implied that many wildlings, if not the majority, were more concerned with feeding their families and making a living than wholesale slaughter. it makes letting the wildlings through the wall look like a stupid move on jons part. put another way, they are portraying the wildlings in the same way most southerners see them, not the way they are

They're not showing the wildlings as loving slaughter, it's strictly a military tactic to draw the NW out and divide their forces.

The Thenns are the only ones that seem to enjoy it because they're getting a good meal out of it but that's only them. They can just have Jon say 'No Thenn's' next season when he's LC..the Alys thing won't be happening as it's not really critical to the story.

Use your critical thinking skills for one second please. THIS WASN'T MOST! Not even close. This was a raiding party.

It's like saying I thought the United States had lots of fat people, but the group of marines I just met were all in great shape. Boy or boy I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

My problem is the depiction of the Thenns. Are they going to drop the Thenn/Karstark subplot now? Well, also it seems weird to me that in the very first episode they managed to make the White Walkers look kind of what I had pictured in my head.... Then we get to that episode that makes them look like the zombie/mutants from I Am Legend only with beards.

^ Personally, I find the look of the White Walkers to be very tree bark-ish. I'm not exactly sure what that means, in terms of the story at large, but it's definitely something I noticed.

Hmm that is an interesting observation. Perhaps eluding to some previous relationship with the Children of the Forrest? I have never thought of it this way before but I like where the possibilities lead!

My problem is the depiction of the Thenns. Are they going to drop the Thenn/Karstark subplot now? Well, also it seems weird to me that in the very first episode they managed to make the White Walkers look kind of what I had pictured in my head.... Then we get to that episode that makes them look like the zombie/mutants from I Am Legend only with beards.

They can have a Tormund/Karstark subplot, or they can drop that really minor scheme altogether.

When time comes for the Karstark marriage, I'm sure they'll write a wildling character and tribe/family/name for the deed. But it wouldnt be before the second half of season 5 I guess.

Archived