[spoilers] Nitpicking with impunity

Using the HBO Go subtitles to confirm the spelling, this is what Tywin says to Tommen:
"Orys the First was just. Everyone applauded his reforms. Nobles and commoners alike. But he wasn't just for long. He was murdered in his sleep after less than a year by his own brother. Was that truly just of him? To abandon his subjects to an evil that he was too gullible to recognize?"
....this creates all kinds of problems.
At first I thought he was slurring "Aerys the First" or possibly "Aenys the First"...though they're both a stretch.
The problem is that there is no king who ruled for less than a year but was then murdered by his own brother (the only king to rule one year was Viserys II, but he was an old man, and his brothers were dead by that point - his last brother being the previous king).
Aerys I was not murdered by his own brother, or at least I'm fairly sure Maekar I never did that. And he ruled for many years. On top of that Aerys I was an infamously weak, do-nothing king, not a great reformer.
Aenys I...may have attempted reforms but been killed by Maegor the Cruel, his own brother. We don't know how Aenys I died in the books.
A RUNNING GUESS which I have is...maybe they thought that "Aenys" sounds too much like "anus" on TV, and in the TV continuity he's been renamed Orys? It's actually not much of a stretch to say that Aegon I would name his firstborn son after Aegon's Hand of the King and only close friend. Though it is weird to say that Aenys/Orys ruled only one year when he ruled for a few more than that (though not the biggest change in the world).
The other possibility is that "Orys the First" was an important ancient Storm King or something, but not a king who sat on the Iron Throne.
This is a serious problem.

Someone with access to Cogman via twitter (i.e. Westeros.org) really needs to ask about that one.

Jaime turned into a rapist.

Sandor turned into a thief two episodes after he declared he is not a thief. In the books he is the least hypocritical character, and always calling others out on their BS.

Neither one of them is a 'good person' but Jaime's loyalty for his sister and Sandor's honesty were important redeeming qualities for them. Apparently the show has to make it all black and white.

Dany standing in front of Mereen walls unprodected, they had a great chance to stop all chain-breaking thing with one shot....

Sam and Gilly were terribly borring.

What the hell they did to Jaime?

@The Dragon Demands: Are you kidding me that Orys-Aenys-Aerys whoever is "a serious problem"? Who the hell cares, we have Yara, Talysa and all kinds of deviations...

Using the HBO Go subtitles to confirm the spelling, this is what Tywin says to Tommen:

"Orys the First was just. Everyone applauded his reforms. Nobles and commoners alike. But he wasn't just for long. He was murdered in his sleep after less than a year by his own brother. Was that truly just of him? To abandon his subjects to an evil that he was too gullible to recognize?"

....this creates all kinds of problems.

He was just illustrating a point so they edited the history of one of the kings, the show watchers aren't going to know any different and it makes 0 difference to the story as a whole.

Though on the topic of that scene, they could have cut it down a bit, it was too long imo.

He was just illustrating a point so they edited the history of one of the kings, the show watchers aren't going to know any different and it makes 0 difference to the story as a whole.

Are you kidding? I'm going to nag all my Unsullied about that... I'll make a chart with all the Targaryen Kings so they CAN LEARN AND ENJOY. BECAUSE LEARN IS FUN.

FOR DAYS.

Littlefinger's ever-changing accent.

I think that was on purpose- now that he's out of the scene of King's Landing and is gaining power in another location removed from the capital, he's reverting to his original accent as a "fuck all y'all elitists, I will have my revenge" thing. I also noticed this but thought it was on purpose.

Dany standing in front of Mereen walls unprodected, they had a great chance to stop all chain-breaking thing with one shot....

The show always does dumb things like this. Stannis fighting on the front lines without a helmet was probably the most ridiculous scene on the show. "Hey I'm the King so let's charge into a field of enemies with nothing but my thinning hair to stop an arrow or a sword".

This is the same show where Dany lets her dragons get kidnapped. So she's a complete moron. Standing near a city wall with archers, completely unprotected, is normal for show Dany.

The show always does dumb things like this. Stannis fighting on the front lines without a helmet was probably the most ridiculous scene on the show. "Hey I'm the King so let's charge into a field of enemies with nothing but my thinning hair to stop an arrow or a sword".

This is the same show where Dany lets her dragons get kidnapped. So she's a complete moron. Standing near a city wall with archers, completely unprotected, is normal for show Dany.

This completely freaked me out as well. I was nearly expecting an arrow to randomly penetrate her throat while she was having that intense Valyrian speech.

I think that was on purpose- now that he's out of the scene of King's Landing and is gaining power in another location removed from the capital, he's reverting to his original accent as a "fuck all y'all elitists, I will have my revenge" thing. I also noticed this but thought it was on purpose.

Hmmmm, hadn't thought of that angle, but it makes sense!

I've always imagined Stannis with atleast a mail coif and his crown over it during the Blackwater and at the wall.

Archived