[spoilers] Nitpicking with impunity

Oberyn being shown as little more than being bisexual, as if that's the only side to him, since they focus so heavily on it. They haven't even referred to him as the Red Viper yet, or explained the origins of the name, yet half his scenes have been in brothels, and pointless as well. We get it, he's bisexual and him and Ellaria are sexually active. Wow, how amazing. Can we move on now, y'know, to actually important stuff?

I think the guy playing Oberyn is doing a good job, and the writing for the scenes aren't necessarily bad, but it's just dragging on and becoming redundant. I would much rather see the stories of his visit to Casterly Rock and duelling the Yronwood lord than all these brothel scenes.

I think they HAVEN'T EVEN MENTIONED the fact that Oberyn and Elaria HAVE FOUR DAUGHTERS together.

Are they? Or did I miss that among the nakedness...

I think they HAVEN'T EVEN MENTIONED the fact that Oberyn and Elaria HAVE FOUR DAUGHTERS together.

Are they? Or did I miss that among the nakedness...

Nope, they haven't mentioned it. I was holding out hope the whole scene he would say something like "well I have eight daughters, so...", but nup.

I think the only important ones are the ones who aren't Ellaria's children and maybe Elia. I think they might combine Nymeria and Obara too.

But how could they combine those two when they're both about to do different things in different locations? Nym is going to serve as a Dornish informant on the Small Council in King's Landing, and Obara is going to hunt down Darkstar in Dorne. Unless one of these storylines ends up being pointless or not important, I don't see how they could be combined. If anything, the show would probably combine Nym and Tyene, since they'll both be in King's Landing (even though their personalities are somewhat contrasted, or at least appear so).

But how could they combine those two when they're both about to do different things in different locations? Nym is going to serve as a Dornish informant on the Small Council in King's Landing, and Obara is going to hunt down Darkstar in Dorne. Unless one of these storylines ends up being pointless or not important, I don't see how they could be combined. If anything, the show would probably combine Nym and Tyene, since they'll both be in King's Landing (even though their personalities are somewhat contrasted, or at least appear so).

I was thinking Tyene will fulfill both the council position and the High Septon thing since she'll be at King's Landing, but that could work as well.

Probably because the majority of the Sand Snakes will get cut for the show.

It's not because the Sand Snakes might be important or cut or whatever but because that would serve to show that Elaria isn't just some woman he's fucking because she's nice and hot and open minded but they are practically a married couple and they really love each other.

It's not because the Sand Snakes might be important or cut or whatever but because that would serve to show that Elaria isn't just some woman he's fucking because she's nice and hot and open minded but they are practically a married couple and they really love each other.

True. If anything, Obara, Nymeria, Tyene, and Sarella could be her daughters in show canon.

Edit: Assuming they make them all look similar in appaerance that is.

The combined Edric Storm and Gendry... the have no problem with teleportation.

Having seen the broadcast script, D&D invented a King Orys. Fairly sure he's intended to be a Storm King, though of course the name Orys is not originally from the stormlands.

Don't worry, Oberyn's daughters are safe.

- So Jaime is borderline rapist, okay it did get consentual in the end, or maybe they have a safeword that Cersei didn't use so Jaime knew it was okay even if she was saying no...

- Hound is a thief apparently.

- Dany standing just few meters away from Daario who is about to get trampled by a horse. The book scene with Strong Belwas was more entertaining.

- Can we not have Oberyn flirting with men in every damn episode he is in? I get it already, he is bisexual and highly active sexually, I don't need half of his scenes to be just useless flirting with a made up malewhore when he could having actual proper conversations with "real" people.

- Olyvar the male version of Ros.

- Why is a house from the Riverlands sworn to House Frey siding with Stannis? Would they not get murdered like in a fucking split second if they actually did that... I know it's a stupid fucking thing to nitpick about, but I don't really get it why they are using House Haigh instead of a House that would be a lot more plausible unless they are just trolling book fans.

- I guess Loras will never join the Kingsguard since they decided to cut his brothers from the show and the House Tyrell needs a heir. Great decision indeed...

I don't understand Oberyn's problem with Tywin when Cersei daughter wedded in Dorn. Shouldn't they be allied by now? This is an inconsistent plot.

Cersei's daughter isn't 'wed' in Dorne, she is a 'ward' in Dorne in a very slightly less 'hostagey' way than Theon was a warn in the North.

Edit: typo. warn = ward.

Having seen the broadcast script, D&D invented a King Orys. Fairly sure he's intended to be a Storm King, though of course the name Orys is not originally from the stormlands.

Don't worry, Oberyn's daughters are safe.

Good to know. I hope the same can be said for the Greyjoy brothers.

Cersei's daughter isn't 'wed' in Dorne, she is a 'ward' in Dorne in a very slightly less 'hostagey' way than Theon was a warn in the North.

I must've missed that. I thought Tyrrion arranged marriage for her in Dorne.

- I guess Loras will never join the Kingsguard since they decided to cut his brothers from the show and the House Tyrell needs a heir. Great decision indeed...

I remember their reasoning being something like: "We decided, that Sansa should marry a Tyrell we know instead of an unseen character." I too think it's a stupid change. Unless Euron kills both Willas and Garlan or something like that. Speaking of house Tyrell why did they lower their manpower. Littlefinger says that after the Starks and the Lannisters the Tyrells command the largest hosts and Olenna says that House Tyrell has provided about 16 00 to the fighting. That would mean that of the 100 000 men Renly had over 80 000 were from the Stormlands which makes no sense since the Starks , the Lannisters and the Tyrells have the most men. Basically: Lannisters: 60 000 Starks: 30 000ish (if Baelish added the Tully strength to it) which means that the Tyrells have -30 000 and the Baratheons have even less. So where did Renly pull those 40 000 - 60 000 men from. AND WHY DOES HOUSE KARSTARK COMMAND HALF OF THE NORTH'S FORCES (in S3 blu ray history videos Roose even says that house Bolton is the second most powerful family in the North). I think, that it's more than confirmed that some of the GOT writers are pretty sloppy with some of their writing by now.

Archived