[spoilers] Nitpicking with impunity

I'm not sure if I disliked the Tywin-Oberyn scene more or the Mereen one. Just as Dany is met with crucified slaves on the way to the city, she's met with more incredibly vanilla, non-threatening characters the further she is from Yunkai. The contrast between Westeros and Essos is practically a farce at this stage. Sure, why not stand there within range of a couple hundred archers. It's Essos. They all have storm trooper aim.

Might as well have pulled out a lawn chair and some sunglasses. Deal with it, Wise Masters.

Apparently the glorious city of Meeren has never heard of a trebuchet. Placing your entire army right below the walls to show your strenght is really smart. And is it just me or is Emilia getting worse with every episode?

Sam: "I wonder where Gily will be safe from rape... I know! In a brothel!" Genius.

Jaime rapes his sister at his son's funeral.

I guess Alys Karstark won't marry the Magnar of Thenn in the series?

edit: And what happened to Aidan Gillen's acting? He was even worse than Emilia!

Aiden raped Baelish for the trifecta.

I guess Alys Karstark won't marry the Magnar of Thenn in the series?

99% sure she'll be cut. I like her character, and what Jon does with creating the House of Thenn is important, but I just can't see them devoting the screen-time to it. Instead, they're using the Thenns to really up the ante of the Wildling invasion; before this, the only Wildlings we see are decently sympathetic (with the exception of Craster, who's dead now).

It's not a change I love, but I can get on board with it.

What was supposed to be the point of the Sam and Gilly scene? Gods, they were boring as hell in the book, I don't need added, boring as hell scenes in the show.

Jamie as a rapist. No comment needed here.

They're really wasting the talents of the guy playing the Red Viper if all they ever have him do is conduct orgies.

- Cersei/Jaime sex just didn't make the same impact as it did in the books

- Davos/Shireen filler... Davos is really not that interesting... and I seriously doubt this will make viewers remember the Iron Bank of Braavos

- Gilly filler... Yes, thank you for elaborating, Samwell, you worry about Gilly, we understand.

- Wall scene... the Wall just lost its S01 atmosphere

- Wildling assault. Ehh... I can't put my finger on why it was meh and wtf

- Hound/Arya scene way too bloody long again

- Oh and the lack of reaction when hundreds of arrows were flying in Daenerys's direction. Like "Step back, Khaleesi!" or something?

Dany needs mighty lungs. They should let someone else repeat the words (it's not at all uncommon) or use voice amplifiers to make a proper, booming command.

Also, no more dwelling on Samwell and Gilly... please.

Jaime the rapist... wtf was that all about?

Gilly in mole town? Don't know where they're going with that one.

Didn't like the hound and arya scene, but whatever, there were larger atrocities with the episode.

As was said before, Tyrion didn't seem to be as affected by his imprisonment as he should be. Maybe they're trying to keep him a suspect in the eyes of the non-book reading crowd?

Jaime being a rapist

Oberyn whore scene being very repetitive to his introduction. I don't think it was necessary. I hope his character will be fleshed out more other than just relying on 'hey, I am Bi and whore horny!'

The whole brothel scene was pointless and has nothing to do with the story. Just HBO filling in their T&A quota.

SUPER DAARIO killing the hero of Mereen made me want to gag. I want strong Belwas. Also i do not think the real Daario (book Daario) is that brave. He strikes me as a cut throat while the victim is sleeping kind of guy.

Oberyn brothel filler

Sam-GIlly filler ( what like 10 min? I fast forwarded bits of this )

Arya-hound filler ( + inconsistent with Hound's character )

Stannis butchery continues ( angry at not being able to burn Gendry. Corny lines like 'your running out of time' usually used by villains on henchmen. And shortly going to turn into Beggar King v. 2.0 )

Shireen-Davos filler

Wildlings running wild

Saint Tyrion

Saint Dany

and of course.. Jamie = Rapist!

Good job D&D. There is maybe one scene out there that is remotely like the books- Sansa's escape. And I didn't like that much either.

Stannis butchery continues ( angry at not being able to burn Gendry. Corny lines like 'your running out of time' usually used by villains on henchmen. And shortly going to turn into Beggar King v. 2.0 )

HBO Stannis is a complete asshole and is about as unlikeable as Balon Greyjoy. However, book Stannis i pretty much the same until... later. Da

I hated what they did to Jaime. They change characterization and don't think it's going to matter, but it does. Like, I guess now that Jaime is a rapist, he won't be cutting the head off Pia's rapist. Maybe he'll offer up his own head, retroactive justice?

And the Hound, too. So in a later episode this season, he's going to show Arya how to give the gift of mercy. In the books, that was showing his softer side. Arya said he did it "almost tenderly." On the show, he would say why bother, he's going to die anyway.

They not only fucked these two characters up, they made their stories with Brienne and Sansa irrelevant.

They got into it on the review here, they are using Sandor as an Arya prop, starts at 25:00 in the video:

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/Entry/Breaker_of_Chains/Book_Spoilers/#Analysis

Oh, and we get that Oberyn is bisexual. In the three episodes, he's had his first brothel scene with that blond guy, the scene with Loras, and now again the blond guy.

I really hated they had them having an orgy AGAIN. And, what's up with the Dorne guards? They're just going to let Tywin Lannister barge in there like that? Oh well, with Jamie turned into a rapist, that is a minor,minor nit pick.

What's odd is that the scene where Robb tells us the Karstark numbers, as well as the completely false claim that the Frey's remained neutral in the war, was written by Bryan Cogman, probably the best writer for the show, as well as the guy they rely on to fix up any small inconsistencies in the plot, like numbers and sigils and stuff. Kind of weird for him to make such glaring mistakes in his own episode, unless D&D specifically told him to include those comments.

You might like to know, that the Robb-n-Talisa table scene ( which included the botched numbers, absurd Casterly rock plan, frey neutrality ) was not written by Bryan Cogman. D & D added that scene later. It's noted in the season 3 DVDs.

Similarly the Robb-n-Talisa butt scene in s3e7 was not written by Martin but added by D&D. And there are many other examples.

You might like to know, that the Robb-n-Talisa table scene ( which included the botched numbers, absurd Casterly rock plan, frey neutrality ) was not written by Bryan Cogman. D & D added that scene later. It's noted in the season 3 DVDs.

Similarly the Robb-n-Talisa butt scene in s3e7 was not written by Martin but added by D&D. And there are many other examples.

Really? IIRC Bryan was talking about how he came up with the map scene.

^ Someone mentioned it in the S3 DVD thread, I haven't seen it myself.

I just realized one more thing . Dario's reply saying that he doesn't command any troops is completely untrue. He commands the Second Sons which is 2000 strong. That's about 1/5 of Dany's army, and practically all her cavalry not counting Dothraki.

Archived