[spoilers] Nitpicking with impunity

Whatever happened to, "When the sun has set, no candle can replace it?" They just yank these defining things away from these characters, like they never meant a thing. And it's not just books vs. show, it's show vs. show. Who could hang a name on them, when they change with every new day.

Awwwwwww, you've hit on too good a song for the mood all this is inducing in me, not to mention.......one of those words is that song title is my cat's name, LOL

Whatever happened to, "When the sun has set, no candle can replace it?" They just yank these defining things away from these characters, like they never meant a thing. And it's not just books vs. show, it's show vs. show. Who could hang a name on them, when they change with every new day.

Well, GRRM also overreacts a bit. It's not like gays only find one mate for life either, but Loras at least mourned Renly with due respect, and it's a total contrast to Cersei and Jaime who fucked over their son's dead body.

Awwwwwww, you've hit on too good a song for the mood all this is inducing in me, not to mention.......one of those words is that song title is my cat's name, LOL

That's so cool. :) I'm trying to make myself laugh, because I'm lost at sea with all of these changes, and what they might mean. I just can't imagine these characters without certain things that seemed to matter so much to them in the books, not mattering much at all, if anything anymore. Or not for long, maybe for a season, then forgotten, like it never happened.

That's so cool. :) I'm trying to make myself laugh, because I'm lost at sea with all of these changes, and what they might mean. I just can't imagine these characters without certain things that seemed to matter so much to them in the books, not mattering much at all, if anything anymore. Or not for long, maybe for a season, then forgotten, like it never happened.

Regardless of what happens onscreen, the books will always be there, always waiting to be revisited. Especially if you are a reread nut like I am. I'd rather reread a good book than be stuck in a crappy one, anyway. That's lead to many rereads, and will again.

Well, GRRM also overreacts a bit. It's not like gays only find one mate for life either, but Loras at least mourned Renly with due respect, and it's a total contrast to Cersei and Jaime who fucked over their son's dead body.

I know I'm a sick pup, but Joff's dead body was the least of my worries on that. Then again, it being fiction, I didn't feel bad feeling that way. Jaime had reflected beforehand on how Joffrey probably deserved his fate, regardless of Jaime's own tie to him.

With Loras, I wouldn't be troubled at him moving on eventually, but the show has turned him into such a joke, I'm surprised he's not working part-time at THE brothel himself, just incase there's a piece of ass he's missed out on.

I know I'm a sick pup, but Joff's dead body was the least of my worries on that. Then again, it being fiction, I didn't feel bad feeling that way. Jaime had reflected beforehand on how Joffrey probably deserved his fate, regardless of Jaime's own tie to him.

With Loras, I wouldn't be troubled at him moving on eventually, but the show has turned him into such a joke, I'm surprised he's not working part-time at THE brothel himself, just incase there's a piece of ass he's missed out on.

His scene with Loras is hilarious. I think even Sansa realised they're gay: http://static03.mediaite.com/themarysue/uploads/gallery/game-of-thrones-402-pics/oberyn-loras-flirt.jpg

(LOL, also why were they so away from the main table? He's a prince of Dorne)

omg.. I just...

when Tywin gets Shae, he gets a sudden urge to leave before any kind of sex. His stomach calls for it...

THAT'S OBERYN'S REVENGE! THERE! I DECIPHERED THE CODE.

HARRR!!! :cheers:

Everyone except the guy playing Oberyn was god awful. Even Charles Dance!

Emilia in particular made me cringe.

This is the episode with the worst directing in the show.

OHHHH DEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS, MA'AM! :fencing:

Say what you will of the lot, but do not dare say Charles Dance is bad. Because its impossible for him to be bad in anything.

I'm so afraid for Jon Connington's next (or the next) season.

I wouldnt be. I think they will play up the gay but it be less brothel and more "Oh Rhaegar...i failed you..." all the time. That wouldnt be so bad really as long as theres no creeping on Young Griff. (ew)

The last episode was just god awful all around. I couldn't think of any of them as not only the book characters, but the show characters. Everyone was off, except Shireen. I heart Shireen.

You better heart Shireen! Cuz i like you and people i like must heart Shireen.

I heart the hell out of Shireen.

Damn straight!

Nikolaj's accent is nearly perfect. On the other hand, Aidan's...

Seeing how Danish Nikolaj is, its pretty impressive how he can accent. Dinklage's accent irks me a bit but i understand that not every American out there can bust out with a nigh perfect Estuary accent. B)

They already made Aegon V being father of Aerys II, rather than Jaeherys.

Yeah thats weirdsauce. I kinda come to terms with that since they still have Jaehaerys I in the show continuity. (Sam mentions him) In fact, this might be why they made Aerys Egg's son. To avoid confusion of Jaehaeryses. (Cuz most of the Aegons have titles or nicknames like Aegon the Unlikely etc)

In season 1 Clarke was asked to play a scared girl who none the less is caring and eager to learn. We see her learning and growing and navigating her role with her brother, her husband, Ser Jorah, her haindmaidens, and the rest of the Khalasar. Her having to come to grips with the fact the only family she has ever known is actually cruel and pathetic.

Now, her character has one personality trait: stoic. She doesn't have dialogue, she has proclamations. She doesn't have doubts, she has annoyances. In essence, Clarke is now portraying a completely different character. I don't know if this is how she chooses to interpret the transition, or if her directors are telling her to always act the 'god'.

Which is a shame. Because Danaerys should be showing doubt at her cause, concern over how she's going to feed her freedmen, and realization that her current actions are a detriment to ever going to Westeros. In the books, Meereen isn't taunting her because they are silly and evil, but because they have a dominant military position. Danaerys doesn't have a way to beat the high walls of Meereen without high cost or great risk. Which makes her decision to take the city much more tense and dramatic.

Clarke's whole situation as an actress and this character just irks the shit out of me. Like, Dany is sending me mixed signals and Clarke looks out right confused half the time which causes her to be wooden and bad when not yelling stuff. And she really doesnt have the chops for the kind of nuance Daenerys as a character, demands. I do think she is not the sole one to blame here and the direction is also not what it should be. Like i guess they just go "oh you looked good here, we'll print." Instead of "Lets try this again with more...feeling." Not enough chops + funky writing + ass kissing direction = shallow Dany. :(

(LOL, also why were they so away from the main table? He's a prince of Dorne)

Those squirrelly Lannisters. Seriously, thats probably the reason!

^Nikolaj's accent is great. I think he may have learned English in England because on the DVD commentaries he definitely pronounces things more like a Brit than an American. Him and Carice are amazingly fluent. If only I could speak Danish and Dutch...

Now, her character has one personality trait: stoic. She doesn't have dialogue, she has proclamations. She doesn't have doubts, she has annoyances. In essence, Clarke is now portraying a completely different character. I don't know if this is how she chooses to interpret the transition, or if her directors are telling her to always act the 'god'.

I agree. She's pretty much become a caricature of herself. It works in the valyrian scenes, but every line in every scene is delivered in the same overly dramatic, pompous way now. It's annoying.

"I will do what Queens do... I will rule."

"They can live in my new world or they can die in their old one!"

Dany just shut up.

Regardless of what happens onscreen, the books will always be there, always waiting to be revisited. Especially if you are a reread nut like I am. I'd rather reread a good book than be stuck in a crappy one, anyway. That's lead to many rereads, and will again.

Yeah, that's good advice, thanks! I was pretty good at keeping them separate, but they keep saying they are the same, and ... Relationship George was trying to kill Independent George.

This is what was happening with books and show, George Costanza explains it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3afZip4BTRc

^Nikolaj's accent is great. I think he may have learned English in England because on the DVD commentaries he definitely pronounces things more like a Brit than an American. Him and Carice are amazingly fluent. If only I could speak Danish and Dutch...

Ive seen him in a movie where he plays an American. The accent is pretty convincing most of the time, but sometimes he sounds like a Brit hiding an American accent. When really, hes a Dane speaking English in the best American accent he can muster. I like him~

Ive seen him in a movie where he plays an American. The accent is pretty convincing most of the time, but sometimes he sounds like a Brit hiding an American accent. When really, hes a Dane speaking English in the best American accent he can muster. I like him~

I like him, too. I did see the movie called Mama, I believe it was, with NCW on HBO. Creepy, and pretty good, not near enough of him in it though. There are ads all around tv lately for a new movie of his called The Other Woman, I believe. It's supposed to be about a guy with three wives or girlfriends according to the ads, and they are on to him. Wonder what the accent will be?

Yeah, that's good advice, thanks! I was pretty good at keeping them separate, but they keep saying they are the same, and ... Relationship George was trying to kill Independent George.

This is what was happening with books and show, George Costanza explains it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3afZip4BTRc

Distracting me with George Costanza will not help me walk away from the internet, LOL But, I'll watch it anyway. ;)

Well, she had some built-in loyalties just by being a Targaryen. Then by being Khaleesi. But hatching dragons, taking Astapor and gaining the unsullied, then Yunkai and Mereen, you gotta say that was all her. Or at least, mostly her.

Tbf, each of those cities was taken through trickery. Also, her Targ loyalties haven't gotten her much, only Jorah and Barristan (although having Barristan is like a one million times advantage). She kind of lucked out that Daario wanted to fuck her in Storm and brought the sellswords over to her side, and she was also lucky that the Astapori slavers were so dumb.

Daario wanted to fuck her because she's fabulous, so that's her, too. Trickery counts, too. Just ask Littlefinger.

Look, the last thing I want to do is start a Dany/Daario debate with you (again), trust me :P

My point was that most of her successes were through circumstantial luck and the benefit of being a main character, attributes other characters don't have, like Eddard, Robb and Stannis.

LOL, I don't even call it anything but THE brothel now. I really liked Chataya and Alayaya (not sure I spelled that right, haven't been to Chataya's lately, sorry). Equal opportunity nose thumbing and yes, equal opportunity ladies and gents would be nice.

They should take the mockingbird off the outside wall, and just put up the HBO logo.

OMG, priceless! XD XD

Most Europeans who learn English well end up with British accents, as that was the pronunciation taught in schools. At least, that's the case in the past. I suppose it's possible teens these days are ending up with more of an American accent these days with greater exposure to American media.

Archived