[spoilers] Nitpicking with impunity

The wilding raid, crazy Thenns, Ygritte shooting the farmer...etc

Hound being an hypocrite, Arya way too cheeky/sassy for her post-RW persona, and the overall scene feeling like huge filler.

Not enough Jon.

No Bran.

Margaery and Oberyn scene. I get it, nobody likes Joffrey, but the king has just been murdered, I think the situation at KL would be a lot more tense than for people to have tea parties at the gardens or random orgies.

Sam and Gilly. I like them, but I feel having too much scenes devoted to them it'll get dull. Otoh, I think the show's doing that because all of their "main" couples are finished or falling apart (Robb-Talisa, Shae-Tyrion, Jon-Ygritte...), so they want the more "romantic" viewers to have a bit of interest.

Also have no idea what's up with Gilly and the whores. More sexposition? :rolleyes:

Jaime more or less raping Cersei. They could have at least shown Cersei eventually submitting.

Tywin being so desperate as to claim he needed Dorne because of Dany's dragons.

Sam and Gilly's boring subplot. Didn't care at all.

aCoK, Tyrion IV

He was pleasantly surprised when Galt of the Stone Crows informed him not an hour later that the powdered man was at his door. "You are a cruel man, to make the grand maester squirm so," the eunuch scolded. "The man cannot abide a secret."

"Is that a crow I hear, calling the raven black? Or would you sooner not hear what I've proposed to Doran Martell?"

Varys giggled. "Perhaps my little birds have told me."

"Have they, indeed?" He wanted to hear this. "Go on."

"The Dornishmen thus far have held aloof from these wars. Doran Martell has called his banners, but no more. His hatred for House Lannister is well known, and it is commonly thought he will join Lord Renly. You wish to dissuade him."

"All this is obvious," said Tyrion.

"The only puzzle is what you might have offered for his allegiance. The prince is a sentimental man, and he still mourns his sister Elia and her sweet babes."

"My father once told me that a lord never lets sentiment get in the way of ambition... and it happens we have an empty seat on the small council, now that Lord Janos has taken the black."

"A council seat is not to be despised," Varys admitted, "yet will it be enough to make a proud man forget his sister's murder?"

Hmm. Thanks.

Just doing a re-watch, and though I've come to accept there will always be gratuitous nudity, this being HBO after all, was a close up shot of the whore's arse in the orgy really the best they could come up with? If this keeps up, all of us

viewers are going to be licensed proctologists by the end of the series.

I haven't watched S1 and my memory may be foggy, but was this first episode where we actually see part of a penis (from the Meeren champ peeing) ?

We saw Hodor's, Theon's and the wine merchant's in season 1, as well as the male whore Olyvar's in season 3.

I absolutely love the fact that you had the answer out in full just one minute after it was asked.

Jon's explanation for going to Crasters makes NO SENSE. Mance is coming for them, 100 men or 1000.

Any time that they make up explanations for their made up shit, the reasoning is STUPID, and I wish they would not do it. It would be preferable for Jon to go off because of <insert plot hole here and don't bother explaining> . They did it all season long with Robb last year ( Karstark is half of the army, bla bla ), and now they'll be doing it with Jon.

Did I mention how monumentally stupid Sam's logic is?

I keep feeling that somewhere in the casting offices of HBO, the first meeting between them and Pascal went like this:

"See, we want you to be somehow of sexual beast, you'll fuck everything with a pulse"

"Ok, I'll do everything you want me to do, even dragons and direwolves", HBO casting crew smiles with glee, "but I'll keep my clothes on".

Emilia Clarke's acting was absolutely rubbish in this episode and completely dragged down her scenes. i really wish she'd get replaced.

Actually she puts on heirs really well and play arrogant, entitled and overly successful very, very well. She is playing Dany from the books pretty close. Hard to think that in the books, Dany at this time is about 14 years old and miss Clarke is 23?

Actually she puts on heirs really well and play arrogant, entitled and overly successful very, very well. She is playing Dany from the books pretty close. Hard to think that in the books, Dany at this time is about 14 years old and miss Clarke is 23?

So it's not that she's a horrible actress, it's that she's playing a horrible actress on the show?

Either way, she is downright God awful.

The wilding raid, crazy Thenns, Ygritte shooting the farmer...etc

The cannibalism part is far far far too much and just stupid. Ygritte shooting the farmer is not. She is, after all, a wildling and their plan always was to draw the Crows out of Castle Black. So not only is it in character for her, it's also necessary (at least to some extent) to make her killable in the eyes of the unsullied.

As Vargo Hoat would probably say.

Who the fuck'th ith Oryth the firtht?

If i had the option, I'd upvote this.

E. Clarke's acting was less than

You know im the loudest that often barks when it comes to Clarke's acting, but she was alright in that episode. Nice and hammy and she had a good expression. That |:[ look was yes.

I absolutely love the fact that you had the answer out in full just one minute after it was asked.

Hue! Funny part is, hes right. There has been some penor. Just not as much as i would like.

Jaime wearing his season one "default character" outfit again and Dany hasn't changed her clothes since season three. I am disgust.

Yeah Dany needs some new clothes. That blue overdress thing probably reeks by now. I wonder what her tokar is gonna look like...

So it's not that she's a horrible actress, it's that she's playing a horrible actress on the show?

Either way, she is downright God awful.

And those damn hand gestures.

I wanted to reach into my screen and slap her.

I guess she did the pious saviour of the slaves well I guess.

I refuse to believe Aiden Gillen is this bad an actor. I love The Wire(obviously), and he was fantastic in that role. Truly brought a character to life.

His performance here is so inconsistent. It's not just the accent, it's his whole demeanor. I don't know if its the direction or the way his character adsorbed the roles of others but it just doesn't add up.

Archived