Huge Book Spoilers: The Golden Company? WTF?

Ah, Tyrion versus a duck - great scene.

I think Davos will end up borrowing some money from the Iron Bank in Stannis' name. Then, later on when they are showing ADWD, the banker searching for Stannis has more meaning to the unsullied.

" ...the wind that blows exiles across the narrow sea seldom blows them back. That boy Viserys Targaryen spoke of return as well. He slipped through my fingers at Dragonstone, only to spend his life wheedling after sellswords. 'The Beggar King,' they called him in the Free Cities. Well, I do not beg, nor will I flee again. I am Robert's heir, the rightful king of Westeros. My place is with my men. Yours is in Braavos."

Would've been the best refusal, if they cut it down a bit.

" ...the wind that blows exiles across the narrow sea seldom blows them back. That boy Viserys Targaryen spoke of return as well. He slipped through my fingers at Dragonstone, only to spend his life wheedling after sellswords. 'The Beggar King,' they called him in the Free Cities. Well, I do not beg, nor will I flee again. I am Robert's heir, the rightful king of Westeros. My place is with my men. Yours is in Braavos."

Well they seem intent on ruining Stannis and taking out his best lines.

This isn't real right?

Just messing with Señor. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Show!Stannis burned Rolland Storm considering Rolland is a devout follower of the the seven.

From That boy to my men would been great.

But he's not talking to Justin Massey.

But he's not talking to Justin Massey.

Next you'll be telling me he isn't in the North.

He is talking about the prospect of travelling to Essos to buy sellswords, which is the closest equivalent to this conversation with Davos. It essentially covers the same points, with Davos and Justin both suggesting that Stannis leave Westeros for the time being, travel east, and try to gather the support of sellswords, something Book Stannis refuses because his place is with his men, and he has no intention to go down the same road as Viserys.

It'd be easy to translate, and make more sense than this random objection to mercenaries, which he's already used.

I think it's cool that they at least name dropped the Golden Company. We know they are major players in the future.

And no way Stannis can hire them. I doubt he'll even try.

Davos wrote the Iron Bank, right? He asks for money for Stannis, which may explain later why Tycho Nestoris turns up at the Wall looking for Stannis. (they may even leave out the bit where Cersei refuses to pay back the debts, and Nestoris goes straight to Stan). Obciously, the Golden company won't be available by that time, but at least now the show-only folk know there is a sellsword company by that name, so they won't appear out of the blue.

Tywin probably dies at the very end of this season, and Tycho Nestoris will appear this season. Cercei won't have much time to fuck things up.

I don't think the IB should change until Tywin is gone and Cersei fucks things up, its makes more sense. Cersei does not really need much time to fuck things up. Just a quick scene telling Tycho "no we need a navy" and then off to the wall.

I don't think the IB should change until Tywin is gone and Cersei fucks things up, its makes more sense. Cersei does not really need much time to fuck things up. Just a quick scene telling Tycho "no we need a navy" and then off to the wall.

She could try to seduce Tycho the Macho man as well. But Macho would have none of it and goes to the wall to bend the knee to Mannis.

Archived