Huge Book Spoilers: The Golden Company? WTF?

It makes me chuckle that people regard Aegon as a filler. I get the feeling he has a huge role to play in the upcoming books, legitimate or not.

Honestly the only way I can see anyone think that is that the given person is a huge Dany worshipper afraid that Aegon might actuallu turn out to be the real deal. Denial, pure denial.

I for one liked the Iron Bank and Golden Company references. Preparing the viewers for what's to come.

It makes me chuckle that people regard Aegon as a filler. I get the feeling he has a huge role to play in the upcoming books, legitimate or not.

Honestly the only way I can see anyone think that is that the given person is a huge Dany worshipper afraid that Aegon might actuallu turn out to be the real deal. Denial, pure denial.

I for one liked the Iron Bank and Golden Company references. Preparing the viewers for what's to come.

Im the OP. And Im a huge Daenerys "disliker".

I agree, no way in hell he is a filler. Also, if you look at the sample chapters from WOW you will see Doran sent Arianne to him. I think they might get married when Dorne gets the word that Quentyn failed. That will be their back-up plan.

I hope that Aegon's filler because, if he's real, it smacks of light fiction.

One doesnt exclude the other. He might be fake but still a very important character. For example he might be the reason for Dany to speed things up and come to Westeros quicker. Or he might take over King's Landing or whatever.

I hope Aegon plays a major part in the next book along with Vic/Euron. I don't get why people think they will be cut when they could play a huge part in Dany's and Westeros's story.

This Golden Company thread is just another example of people overreacting and overanalysing everything.

Simple namedrop, Stannis won't hire them...

Overreacting on this forum? Like when people though Brienne was getting burned by Mel last episode. I'm surprised nobody brought that up when some people were 100% convinced.

Then why would you think he's just a filler? Honestly, just curious.

Because a main character wont just pop out in Book 5. I really think they cant split whatever he is doing between a more mature Tommen and Daenerys...

I just cant see a season with 5 kings again. And thats what needs to happen in the next one. They need lot of time with each. Besides Jon Snow, Sansa, Bran and Arya...thats 9 plots next season.

Because a main character wont just pop out in Book 5. I really think they cant split whatever he is doing between a more mature Tommen and Daenerys...

Being an important figure of the universe does not equal being a main character.

And I actually think it's great if a big player is added so late, when noone is expecting him, everyone's money is already on Stannis or Dany or someone and everyone is convinced they can predict how the story ends and then all of a sudden BAM! a new player pops out and makes us all lost, interested, unsure and excited. I actually thought it was a brilliant move.

I agree with those saying the IB shouldn't be lending to Stannis until later on, post Twyin death. The question is, though, what army will he use to march on the wall? They made it pretty clear he didn't have many men at the moment. If they were to speed things up and have the IB loan to Stannis, it could be interesting to set up a dilemma between him marching on KL or the wall. Leave the viewers guessing and then make Stannis look like more of a hero when he chooses the wall. It also makes his "I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne" line make sense. Regardless I really hope they don't exclude yet another great Stannis quote from the show haha.

I'm wondering if Stannis will meet up with the Eastwatch-By-The-Sea men and then head to Castle Black. I too, don't believe that the IB will make contact with show Stannis until after Tycho meets in King's Landing. I can't think of any other way for Stannis to muster up enough men. Even so, I know it's not a lot. (Has it been said on the show how many men there are at Eastwatch?) I felt as though there was too much emphasis on how understaffed Castle Black is and no mention of the other Wall posts.

I'm ready for show Stannis to turn into some semblance of book Stannis!

Actually, most people who dislike him are Jon fans. I don't think Aegon will win the throne, or be AA, but I do think that he's gonna be a pretty big deal in Dany's arc.

They probably just name drop them so that an extremely expensive army of 10 000 mercenaries doesn't appear out of thin air when Aegon gets them. Stannis getting the GC would completely undermine his underdog status, plus he wouldn't get to the Wall until season 6.

This show had so much potential , I hope continuity flows back but I think with so many POV's, character arcs, the show has reached beyond the format available to it. I thought this when thinking of the Iron Islanders and the possibility of seeing them, especially the Crows Eye what a special character that would be to portray. But to see him for 4 minutes every 2nd week would be an insult to all those thoughts and hopes of others.

An interesting theory was going on earlier among the PTV Unsullied. They noted that that Shireen and Davos discussed pirates and smugglers, then Davos decides to dictate a letter supposedly from Stannis to the Iron Bank. Anyway, one of the Unsullied came up with the idea that the Bank will lend Stannis a barge full of gold (or whatever) and then Davos and Sallador will hijack it, and therefore Stannis will have his gold but won't have to repay it because it was 'stolen en route' and he never received it. Pretty clever theory.

Archived