[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa VII: Agency issues and the death of Chekhov's gun

Mladen

My favourite Tumblr caption for that scene.

Cripes, though, she's so noticeably taller than him, especially with her hair like that. I love Turner's height, but it really does kind of unbalance the way audiences typically read scenes on film, because normally height = command, but the only scene partner Sansa has ever had who is taller than her is the Hound, and she hardly had any scenes with him. She towers over everybody else, even while they're the ones normally imposing on her.

Good point. She's taller than Cersei, Joffrey, and Littlefinger, and it certainly changes the dynamic in their scenes. (Less so Tyrion, since everyone towers over Tyrion.)

Book Sansa is tall, though. Not Brienne-tall, but tall.

BH, given that there is a wide range of ways to kill someone in Westeros, hairnet could simply be replaced, or this just means that the theory about specific way of killing LF is incorrect.

The latter is more likely. It would have been an easy thing for TV Sansa to keep the necklace, or even to leave Sansa wearing it in the boat scene and then never mention it again, and Littlefinger made a big elaborate show of tossing it out of Sansa's reach forever. That was a wink to the book readers if ever I saw one.

Hated LF in that scene. Man, he's getting pretty insufferable. They gave him lots of dialogue from the books and he still ruined it. Ugh.

Gillen's upped his creepy game; I could barely stand to see him touch Sophie Turner, let alone lean in close as if for a kiss. Oh, man, their scenes are going to be gutchurningly, skincrawlingly awful.

My favourite Tumblr caption for that scene.

Cripes, though, she's so noticeably taller than him, especially with her hair like that. I love Turner's height, but it really does kind of unbalance the way audiences typically read scenes on film, because normally height = command, but the only scene partner Sansa has ever had who is taller than her is the Hound, and she hardly had any scenes with him. She towers over everybody else, even while they're the ones normally imposing on her.

Harrr.

Yes im actually liking how freakishly tall Turner is precisely for this reason. She may be relatively helpless, but Sansa can tower and perhaps even learn some intimidation techniques!

That Sansa is taller than Littlefinger amused me at first, but right now I feel like it might affect the story a bit. How on the earth will he forcefully kiss her (repeatedly) when he has to tiptoe?

*shudder*

I am not going to look forward to that, in either case. The whole LF/Sansa plotline after she gets out of KL creeps me out in a major way. I feel like she's gone out of the frying pan, into the fire. It's odd that I am more worried for her in his hands than I was when she was being physically abused by Joffrey's thugs.

Yeah. The cut from Tywin bellowing "No one leaves the capital" to Dontos and Sansa easily leaving the capital added an element of absurdity to the proceedings.

There was this movie with Russell Crowe called The Next Three Days in which he's trying to break his wife out of jail. In it, Liam Neeson tells him that Pittsburgh can be locked down in fifteen minutes. If we accept that King's Landing is at least the size of Pittsburgh, how fast could they do it without radios?

That Sansa is taller than Littlefinger amused me at first, but right now I feel like it might affect the story a bit. How on the earth will he forcefully kiss her (repeatedly) when he has to tiptoe?

During the pigeon pie scene I noticed that Sansa is even taller than new Tommen (who just as his brother, is tall for his age) and Cersei, and about the same height as Tywin. I suspect this is the reason why Sansa never had a scene with Brienne, as the maid of Tarth wouldn't look as tall compared to the little bird.

I was bummed by LF telling Sansa 'I had this made last week', and that nobody mentioned the amethysts from Asshai, I personally love the Asshai name drooping in the books for all things magical.

It would probably help the situation if she'd stop wearing high heels. I don't think she's taller than Aidan Gillan. I think the fact that she wears high heels is what's making her taller. Put her in some flats for God's sake.

I googled Turner's and Gillen's height and they are of the same height: 175cm. I am not sure that heels are the issue here, but the hair. That, God knows what's its name, thing on top of her head gives her another 5 cm...

I'm glad the hairnet is ruled out. I want to see LF's head spiked on the walls of Winterfell. "Sweetrobin, fetch me a block."

hmmmm. you and i definitely have a very different impression of sansa if you see her taking off littlefinger's head with a sword.

It makes sense to me that the hairnet/necklace would be gone.
considering the mastermind, I would think that only one gem in the whole hairnet/necklace was dosed. That way, even if suspicion fell on the accessory, there would be no proof, other than a missing stone.... which is probably common.

It makes sense to me that the hairnet/necklace would be gone.

considering the mastermind, I would think that only one gem in the whole hairnet/necklace was dosed. That way, even if suspicion fell on the accessory, there would be no proof, other than a missing stone.... which is probably common.

with the necklace it could very easily be just one gem since it's easy to identify but with a hairnet, it had to be many or all of them because it would be too hard for olenna to remember which one was the "special" one.

After LF smashed the stone, there were some chunks and debris left on the rail. I could see a scene with a sad Sansa staring out at the sea and noticing it, putting things together in her head, then gathering some up. As evidence or for other reasons...

It still isn't crystal clear (to the unsullied) that the necklace was the source of the poison. Maybe they need to make it more obvious by having Sansa figure it out.

A stretch, I know, but it was so obvious the Petyr didn't swipe the debris off the rail.

ETA it could also fall down onto the deck and be noticed there instead.

probably because, other than the kiss in the snow, he doesn't forcefully kiss her. his kisses may be unwelcome but he isn't being forceful about it as much as cajoling them out of her. "that's not how you kiss your father" type of stuff isn't forceful. it's never been about any threat of force but rather other, more subtle implied threats to both of them, false promises and outright lies.

besides, according to an interview with aiden, it will be more fatherly or uncle-ly. that might mean all the kisses are out. hard to say.

Its gonna be weird cuz Sansa looks like she could possibly suplex Littlefinger and hardly break a sweat. Shes huuuuuge. I want to see her go "No." and just loom over him with her Kubrick Stare.

The poison-bearing jewelry is no more in this continuity. Sansa's going to have to suplex him.

And they're not moving down-mountain for the winter, probably, to both save on set design costs and because that trip is pretty dull without Mya Stone existing anyway (and they cut Cat's ascent back in season 1, so we don't have the symmetry/resonance of doing it again in the other direction).

Ergo, Sansa Suplexes Littlefinger Through The Moon Door. It will be so ridiculous, it will instantly become my favorite scene in the history of television.

Archived