'Breaker of Chains' - Episode Title Significance

You're all reaching.

Unlike some episodes where the episode title has multiple meanings, this one only referred to Dany for being a slave liberator.

For me the Grenn and Edd "chain-breaking" was the other (obvious) meaning. Like, I immediately thought that they needed them in chains only because it will match the ep. title. (it would be OOC from the other Watchmen to put them in chains instead of killing them on the spot)

You're reaching

This one clearly referenced Sansa because Dany broke no chains this episode.

Okay, it may have referred to Sansa and Dolorous Edd and Grenn, but it definitely referenced Dany primarily.

Not for breaking any chains in this episode, but for having done so before.

You're all reaching.

Unlike some episodes where the episode title has multiple meanings, this one only referred to Dany for being a slave liberator.

i really disagree with this. there are a lot of literal and metaphorical breaking of chains in this episode. it's a great name for the episode.

didnt think of it like that, just thought of Dany at the end. but all the ones i read above are great. didnt even think about Grenn and Edd being chained up and Jaime breaking that sexual tension hes had building up since hes gotten back. also Sansa breaking her crain from KL and Tyrion and Pod

For me the Grenn and Edd "chain-breaking" was the other (obvious) meaning. Like, I immediately thought that they needed them in chains only because it will match the ep. title. (it would be OOC from the other Watchmen to put them in chains instead of killing them on the spot)

I know, right. Why would Karl & co. keep them in chains? And then how the hell did they escape? But I suppose they had to put something in to explain how Sam, Gilly & a freaking baby got back to the Wall so much sooner than they did.

Archived