[Spoiler] The Necklace

Kevoncox

Hey Guy,

First post here and I wanted to post a screenshot of the necklace for discussion. In the books there was some discussion between the cake and necklace but I believe this has been cleared up with a nice bowtie for us this week, First we have Littlefinger stating he only recently had it made and then a shot of the necklace itself.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/kevoncox/Gameofthrones.png

I missed it on the first view because I wasn't wearing my glasses, but Giver is right. Sansa wears the necklace to the wedding and Olenna fiddles about with gown and the stone to the far left disappears and just the setting is left hanging onto her dress.

I felt bad for Sansa that she was fooled into wearing "cheap pearls" in the most important social event in Westeros.

To wear fake jewelry in your hairnet is ok and understandable, but a whole necklace? Sad, just sad.

Yeah, definetely. I just thought she purchased it herself with contacts in the Citadel or something

Wouldn't that sort of defeat the whole purpose of involving Ser Dontos and Sansa?

Why needlessly complicate things? If Olenna could acquire the poison herself without any spies in KL noticing, it would make more sense to sew it into her own clothing or something before the wedding. The whole point of using Ser Dontos and Sansa was to get the poison from LF to Olenna without anything being traced back to the Tyrells.

I still never understood the need to remove the jewel from Sansa in the first place. Why go through all that? If LF wanted to conspire with Olenna why not just give her the poison before the wedding? The only answer I've ever come up with was that they wanted a fallback victim to frame (Sansa) in case the poison failed. Right?

I still never understood the need to remove the jewel from Sansa in the first place. Why go through all that? If LF wanted to conspire with Olenna why not just give her the poison before the wedding? The only answer I've ever come up with was that they wanted a fallback victim to frame (Sansa) in case the poison failed. Right?

With so many spies in Kings Landing, it would probably be too dangerous for Olenna to acquire the poison herself or to be seen taking something directly from Little Finger or one of his employees.

There is a scene in the promo for next week where LF tells Sansa she is a suspect or something, I think they'll mention the necklace then

Yes, I saw that, I think next episode is where Littlefinger explains to Sansa how it all went down.

I've always assumed that was the case - they wanted to be able to point at Sansa if things went wrong.

Yep. Sansa already had a tremendous amount of "Motive" for wanting to kill Joffery. The wedding feast provided the "Opportunity". So the missing piece would be "Means" which the Tyrells planted on her (the poison in the hairnet/necklace). So I agree that they went through that little subterfuge just in case they needed a patsy to take the fall - she was giftwrapped.

Archived