[Book and Show Spoilers] Episode 4 Promo

So Jaime and Cersei...talking. That is our first shot. She is testing him, seeing what he is willing to do for her now that...well...you know. The commercial misleads us, we see his sword then as if he would be willing to do as she demands and bring her Sansa's head, which we of course know he wouldn't do.

Then we have LF, presumably going to give his players and pawns speech which I think Gillen will do quite well with. I actually like him, unlike some. I wonder if he'll title drop "game of thrones". If he does they HAVE to end the episode that way and go to that song "game of thrones" from the S1 soundtrack that used to end every episode early on.

Then we have Jaime playing Uncle Kevan with Tyrion. His counsel almost, talking to him about this and that, letting him vent to him. I like that Jaime looks to be sitting on the floor, unlike Pod who sat on that little bench/table thingmy.

Then we have Bronn bitchslapping Jaime and presumably talking to him about Tyrion. Or Tommen? I'm unsure. This scene may be where we get that shot of Jaime on the ground and Bronn standing above him (in one of the HBO programming videos that they play between shows we first saw this).

Now we see Jon training Grenn and then Thorne antagonizing Jon.

And then Dany considering whether to spare the masters or not. She'll surely crucify them this episode. We see Grey Worm dressed like a normal slave rather than an unsullied. We see the slaves with knives and torches and whatnot. They massacre some of their great masters presumably. Good times!

A shot of Brienne riding away. A shot of Tommen in bed (wth going on here?).

Burn Gorman. Bran making a "huhhuihu" noise. And we finish with a fucking WW (about time).

Finally!

I'm very much looking forward to the slave revolt this week. It looked pretty epic in one of the old trailers where the master gets attacked by a mob of slaves in the street. Also, it seems we'll get the conversation between LF and Sansa where he expands more on the PW.

*happy feet*

^^ This. To me, anyway, that seems to come in the middle of a conversation. I imagine she's complaining that he's changed--that once, he said he'd kill everyone in the world until he and she were the only ones left, if that was what it took for them to be together. But, now? Would he even do her a little tiny favor and bring her Sansa's head? Things have changed for good between them, and IMO, this is the conversation that makes that clear.

I also caught that she doesn't say 'if I asked you,', she says: 'If I told you to leave the palace right now...' Ha! Boss lady be givin' orders, but nobody be listenin' !!

More than anyone else I don't want this thread to become about THAT scene. That said, I think it will be addressed this episode in the scene the promo's first shot shows us. I imagine Cersei will use her being taken in the sept as leverage to try and convince Jaime to do her a solid and behead a young girl. If not, what happened will likely be acted out in their physicality around one another; they will be acting out a different dynamic. As Jaime said in "Two Swords", "something's changed". Now something else has. To continue on this subject (and if people harp on about THAT scene because I brought it up then I am really sorry and by all means blame me), Jaime is in four scenes in this promo. Perhaps he'll feature in even more in the episode. I believe all of that, and written by B Cogz, ought to serve as adequate damage control for the purists. Or maybe not. I'm not good at predicting the enduring power of fan outrage.

Pretty interested to see Bran's story this episode. It appears that they will stumble on Craster's and get taken prisoner there by Karl and the gang. What's not clear is what's happening with the brief glimpse of the White Walker we see. Will they encounter the Walker on their own (I'm guessing this could be the shot of the one on the horse we've seen in the trailers) get away and then wind up at Crasters? Or will we not have them interact with the WW at all and it be about the Rast baby sacrificing bit that we've also seen in the trailers?

Good times.

Hallelujah! Its about time this thread opened up. We can finally move on from that one damn scene now.

This episode looks like its going to be a great one

Reasons

1) Bryan Cogman

2) More of awesome season 4 Jon Snow being awesome

3) Bran and Co encountering mutineers or maybe even Others?

4) BRYAN COGMAN

5) What looks an insane slave revolt in Mereen

6) Big character moments for Jaime

7) Littlefinger's epic playing the game speech

8) BRYAN MOTHER F***ING COGMAN :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The people over at the Heresy thread will LOVE this episode. Craster's Keep (with perhaps some tidbits from the older wife whose been cast about how the Keep functions) and a glimpse of a WW. This is what they've been talking about over there for some time; the nature of Craster's pact with the WW. Knowing Cogz he'll have gleaned as much as he could from GrrM and be putting in some real info about what's going down there...

More than anyone else I don't want this thread to become about THAT scene. That said, I think it will be addressed this episode in the scene the promo's first shot shows us. I imagine Cersei will use her being taken in the sept as leverage to try and convince Jaime to do her a solid and behead a young girl. If not, what happened will likely be acted out in their physicality around one another; they will be acting out a different dynamic. As Jaime said in "Two Swords", "something's changed". Now something else has. To continue on this subject (and if people harp on about THAT scene because I brought it up then I am really sorry and by all means blame me), Jaime is in four scenes in this promo. Perhaps he'll feature in even more in the episode. I believe all of that, and written by B Cogz, ought to serve as adequate damage control for the purists. Or maybe not.

We're going to have him give Brienne her marching orders (in what appears to be a direct disobedience of a Cersei order) so that will be cool. I'm very interested to see what Brienne gets up to for the rest of the season in the subsequent episodes since we have seen exactly zero footage of her after she leaves on her horse (probably because it would be too spoilerific for trailers).

^Well, the summary of Mockingbird says "she follows a new lead". Thus far that's our only indication of what she continues to get up too. A Northern Irish guy on wicnet says his friends farm was used for a scene where she and Pod sit skinning rabbits. That's all I can half-confirm about what they'll get up to. My assumption is though that they'll take her all the way up to LSH.

^Well, the summary of Mockingbird says "she follows a new lead".

How revealing....

Basically the sum total of what we know will definitely happen on her journey is that Pod will be with her, she will be in the vicinity of the Vale at some point and that she bites someone's ear off.

Well, Tommen, saying she follows a new lead implies that she at one point follows another one. That is something.

Apparently to a poster on reddit in the summer who was an NW extra, Karl has kept Mormont's skull. So I guess this glimpse confirms that. As for Tommen waking with a start...who knows.

Archived