How well will the Unsullied do in Westeros?

Caezaire

Hey, the Astapori was in a sales pitch. Of course he talks the disadvantages down. Furthermore, he wasn't talking about the really strong knights but the average.

And finally, he doesn't say how much weaker. Could be anything between 1% or 99% of their strength.

By the way, 1.5m is clearly out of line. Personally, I was as tall five years before the onset puberty. And eunuchs tend to gain weight. Fat, not muscle mass, but weight nevertheless.

Well, that depends on everything, but an eastern 12 years old boy should be over 1,6m. And for the weight, you are right, I forgot the eunuchs tend to gain weight.

Hey, the Astapori was in a sales pitch. Of course he talks the disadvantages down. Furthermore, he wasn't talking about the really strong knights but the average.

And finally, he doesn't say how much weaker. Could be anything between 1% or 99% of their strength.

By the way, 1.5m is clearly out of line. Personally, I was as tall five years before the onset puberty. And eunuchs tend to gain weight. Fat, not muscle mass, but weight nevertheless.

I agree with you...unlist in reallity. However, arent the only to described euchnucs despicted as "tall" and "big" or unlist average (Belwas and Varys)

So all the stuff about the Unsullied being the best infantry in the world was just a sales pitch? Regardless of size and equipment, the unsullied are skilled fighters, they can't be too horrendous vs. westerosi knights

Basically. Though the Astapori may believe it themselves. Remember, Slaver's Bay hasn't seen war for five millennia.

And yes, the Unsullied would indeed be horrendous against westerosi knights. Or literally anybody with a bit of martial training.

So all the stuff about the Unsullied being the best infantry in the world was just a sales pitch? Regardless of size and equipment, the unsullied are skilled fighters, they can't be too horrendous vs. westerosi knights

The main problem is...they are not SKILLFUL, but fearless, and obedient as hell. Those are their advantages. They can use the short sword and the shield, and are pretty good with the spears...but they are, basically, weak hoplites. They don't have anything but weak weapons and weak constitution. They are well trained, but with their weapons, which are useless against armor. Any knight could crush them easily.

Basically. Though the Astapori may believe it themselves. Remember, Slaver's Bay hasn't seen war for five millennia.

And yes, the Unsullied would indeed be horrendous against westerosi knights. Or literally anybody with a bit of martial training.

so where does the demand for unsullied come from?

How many of those on adverage will be knights though? or even on horseback? or armoured? or have even held a sword before?

I'm not even talking about knights. Because 4,000 knights with a capable commander could wipe out 30,000 Unsullied easy.

IMO, 4,000 Westerosi warriors could handle well Dany's 8,000 Unsullied.

I'd say 2,000.

How many of those on adverage will be knights though? or even on horseback? or armoured? or have even held a sword before?

Doesn't matter. The Westerosi armies consist out of 90+% professional and well-trained soldiers.

I'm not even talking about knights. Because 4,000 knights with a capable commander could wipe out 30,000 Unsullied easy.

4000 agasint 30K ? ur massively overestimating knights here even if the unsullied where only armed with broomsticks and bad language thats far too many for the knights to deal with

I think they're based roughly on Swiss pikemen. If so, they're going to kick all kinds of ass against Westerosi cavalry.

The numbers described in the Battle of Qohor match closely with those of the Battle of St. Jakob, where a handful of pikemen demolished a big cavalry force and made foot soldiers the dominant force on the battlefield again after centuries of being viewed as fodder.

Archived