The 7 Gods = 7 Starks Theory

Oftentimes I've seen on this forum where people have compared the 7 gods to the 7 starks which seems like a dull theory as the faith of the 7 seems like a fake unproven man made religion. In my opinion especially when compared to the power of the old gods and the lord of light.

So as most people say:

The 7 Gods represent the 7 Stark.

Eddard : The Father - honorable and just.
Catelyn : The Mother - loves her children.
Robb : The Warrior - undefeated in battle.
Sansa : The Maiden - innocent and still a virgin.
Arya : The Stranger - faceless assassin (aka nobody).
Brandon : The Crone - greenseer (wisdom deep as the roots of ancient trees).
Rickon : The Smith - rebuilds winterfell.

But where is Jon snow? where does he fit into this equation?? I saw this post on youtube by the user so I thought I would insert this in here. Mind you this is not my thinking but of that of the person who posted it:

"Jon : R'hllor (the New God), God of Flame & Great Other (the Old Gods), God of Cold - His is the song of ice and fire.

Since we are considering the bastard/nephew lets throw in the ward too.

Reek : Drowned God, He Who Dwells Beneath the Waves - Submissive
Theon : Storm God, He Who Dwells Above the Clouds - Aggressive"

Personally I don't subscribe to this as it seems like an empty shell to me. I think that they're all going to get corrupted by some form of another and by the end all the starks will be dead with the exception of Jon. Although I hope the starks don't die. I think:

The Father - meets an honorless & unjust end for crime he didnt commit.

The Mother - sees her eldest child die & thinks that all her children are dead. Slain by Brianne/Jamie who are sworn to her.

The Warrior - murdered in dinner at a wedding. (Broke the guest right)

The Maiden - raped and murdered - foreshadowed in Mercy chapter (like Ellia was by the Hound's Brother).

The Stranger - still holds onto the past grudges, doesn't offer up Arya completely to the faceless god (gets into trouble with the facelessmen for giving the gift to unchosen ones, and killed for not being a faithful servant of the many faced god).

The Crone - knows everything going on outside his cave, but the real enemies are inside the cave with him; Betrayed and killed by the children of the forest and/or Bloodraven after he helps bring down the Wall/or is no longer of any use.

The Smith - rebuilds Winterfell only for it to be burnt down and melted by Dany's Dragon(s) (Just as Harrenhal was burnt down by Aegon's Dragons)

Theon - Dwells in the Realms of Men to an old age or gets beheaded by Stannis. (unsure on this one).

Jon - His song is one that is unsung and will never be sung; only us, the readers, know of the song of ice and fire.

so what do you all think of this? feel free to evaluate your thoughts and opinions :cool4:

How one GRRTH is bastards/nephews who as Ned said have Starks' blood the same with wards?

What do you mean jons queen consort? if you mean theon doesn't have stark blood so why is he in this as well he was just randomly included. He was not part of the theory. he was just part of a comment I saw on youtube So I thought I may as well add him in. He's actually irrelevant to the thread but since he serves a purpose to the overall story just thought I'd add him in.

btw what does GRRTH stand for?

What do you mean jons queen consort? if you mean theon doesn't have stark blood so why is he in this as well he was just randomly included. He was not part of the theory. he was just part of a comment I saw on youtube So I thought I may as well add him in. He's actually irrelevant to the thread but since he serves a purpose to the overall story just thought I'd add him in.

btw what does GRRTH stand for?

It was a comment for the comment I never said that it was about what you said ;)

But I never found the Starks/7Gods equation interesting.

Starks historically worship the old gods so i dont see the relevance between southern gods and a northern family

It is clear: the Starkies leave the North/Winterfell southbound - where they don t belong to - where there are no Godswoods and no Weirwood trees and fail or will still fail in the future:

Ned - the Father - fails to protect his family

Catelyn - the Mother - loses her children (or thinks that she has lost them)

Sansa - the Maiden - will eventually lose her maidenhood..probably not at her own will

Robb - the Warrior - loses his war by choosing the wrong bride

Bran - the Crone - will fail with one of his visions, greensights, weirwood watches: I have the theory that - as he can travel through the past - he somehow lands at the tourney place of Harrenhall at the moment of the tourney, and (as his biggest dream is becoming a knight) wargs the KotlT, who so wins the tourney, which somehow leads to L + R and Roberts Rebellion and all the events ever after.....no prove for that ok but the tourney is so important for everything...and with Brans warging abilitys, his ability to travel into the past via weirnet, his dream (and the thus given possibility) to be a knight..just once!!!

Rickon - the Builder left for him - I don t see his story yet

Arya - the Stranger - I believe she will somehow fail to continue her path of death and vengeance - and show Mercy (I don t think her name in the new WoW chapter is a coincidence!) ..and be unable to kill one of her targets - mayhaps she will meet Theon after having learned about what he had done to the Starks and to Winterfell - and when seeing him and learning what he had suffered she will show pity and mercy...

I'm calling this a crackpot theory. First, the Starks, except for Catlyn, are First Men descendants who worship the Old Gods, so it doesn't make sense to connect them with the Seven. Also, it's a long stretch to consider Bran a Crone; the Crone is old, barren, and female, and Bran is at most only one of those things.

And the way the story was told early on, there is a magical connection between the number of Starks (6 in this generation, counting Jon as Lyanna's kid and same generation therefore as the other kids) and the number of Dire Wolves. If that's significant, would GRRM also add mom and dad and subtract Jon to make THIS connection also significant?

That we get such a clear description of the Seven and our main family has seven members (plus one) is not a coincidence. However I don't know if death must be the result for each of them. In Sansa's case I would say it is her innocence that has already been stripped from her, just as with Arya it is her very being that has been lost.

There is NO linking the starks and the seven. As noted the starks worship the old gods and the seven are the Andals.

The seven are balanced male/female and the stranger. There are 8 "starks three female and five male. Catelyn is not in fact a Stark, so really there are just two female and male staks . The crone is an old barren lady. Now Lady Stoneheart is a crone but that would lea the role of mother vacant. Not ONE of the Starks is a Smith.

However you MIGHT make an argument that the seven an the 7 Kingdoms have a connection but it is not clear.

However I do suspect that the young Southern characters who survive the Winter MAY connect with seven.

It is possible that the original seven "kingdoms" which are CLEARLY based on the 7 heavenly bodies (and days of week)and hence with Norse and roman gods may be replaced by seven children (or maybe 14)who will be closer to the seven

Hence the dominant "father/storm" god Thor (Jupiter,Thursday) is replaced by his son Gendry who becomes the Smith

Archived