(Book Spoilers) Lady SH cut?

drayrock

It's getting pretty late in the game. Unless they're going for extra soggy...did they cut LS? I'd be pretty bummed. Although given the next episode title is Oathkeeper, it makes sense episode 4, if any would have it.

If they cut her and added that Jaime rape scene, I'd say they thoroughly botched they are 2/4 this season so far...

I may be way off but I am guessing she will appear hanging Freys in ep 6 The Laws of Gods and Men which will also feature the 'death' of the hound (after he was also shown breaking guest right this week).

I dont think they will cut her. They dont need to bring her in to early, I mean, what does she really do early on?

I think she will be introduced very late in the season, if not perhaps the cliffhanger for episode 10.

I think theyve already laid the groundwork with the Hound scene. The farmer complaining about the Freys and revenge regarding Guest Right. Bringing up the Tulley's. We saw the Riverlands burning.

I dont think they will cut her. They dont need to bring her in to early, I mean, what does she really do early on?

I think she will be introduced very late in the season, if not perhaps the cliffhanger for episode 10.

I think theyve already laid the groundwork with the Hound scene. The farmer complaining about the Freys and revenge regarding Guest Right. Bringing up the Tulley's. We saw the Riverlands burning.

Thinking we will get more build up as we go. Rumors and news of the Brotherhood's actions and having a new leader. Some buildup to a mystery on who the leader is, and the season finale giving us the big shocking reveal.

I can already picture thousands of eyes rolling in unison when the non-readers see that part

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather they cut it. That is, unless she does something extremely important in WoW, which, I admit, seems quite likely

In any case, I think her reveal is season finale material

Yeah I think the ressurection will happen off screen. Lots of rumors about the Brotherhood, perhaps we will see more scenes like we saw I believe in ep 2 with bodies all around.

Then Ep 10, she emerges in the final scene, hanging a Frey and then credits.

Then next season Thoros or something flashbacks the ressurection.

Yeah I think the ressurection will happen off screen. Lots of rumors about the Brotherhood, perhaps we will see more scenes like we saw I believe in ep 2 with bodies all around.

Then Ep 10, she emerges in the final scene, hanging a Frey and then credits.

Then next season Thoros or something flashbacks the ressurection.

It will be curious if they find someway to remind the audience that Thoros can resurect people so people aren't overly confused by her return. Let them piece it together a bit. I know they will mention it the "Last time on GoT"

I can already picture thousands of eyes rolling in unison when the non-readers see that part

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather they cut it. That is, unless she does something extremely important in WoW, which, I admit, seems quite likely

In any case, I think her reveal is season finale material

If they cut LS, I'm quitting watching the show. :P This is the moment I've been looking forward to for 4 seasons. (Plus, they gave Brienne a beefed up role already; she needs something to do and unless they find some other way to have her look for Sansa without actually succeeding and interfering with her Vale storyline, I don't know how it would go, because they can't exactly have her stick around King's Landing.) Although if they were really going to diverge from the books, my fantasy is that she would join Margaery's Queensguard and somehow be buddy cops with Loras.......

Why have Catelyn take Brienne under her wing, in which she will ask no service that brings her dishonor, in 2x05 if not for them to meet up later and do just that? This show is all about setup.

Agreed, and great username for this post. ;)

Depending on how much they rush the Brienne plot (it looks to me like she'll be leaving KL with Pod this next episode) it's plausible she'd make it to SH by the finale.

More likely, we'll make it back to the twins toward the finale episodes, perhaps to check in on the Black Fish or Edmure—this should set up a Frey hanging to end the season, in such a satisfying manner.

Whichever way they end up rolling back the curtain I imagine the scene will recall the faces of the Brotherhood, with focus on Thoros who side-steps, or walks out of frame as we see a pale/grim but very much undead Cat wanting to spill some Frey blood.

I think they missed the perfect opportunity last season to end the finale with Thoros and the Brotherhood coming across Cat's body on their way to the Wedding and Thoros running over to her, but maybe that would have been too suggestive.

Whatever happens, SH better not be cut. CH I can live without if pressed, SH I cannot. After Rape Gate, the writers better not leave me without SH...

If they cut LS, I'm quitting watching the show. :P This is the moment I've been looking forward to for 4 seasons. (Plus, they gave Brienne a beefed up role already; she needs something to do and unless they find some other way to have her look for Sansa without actually succeeding and interfering with her Vale storyline, I don't know how it would go, because they can't exactly have her stick around King's Landing.) Although if they were really going to diverge from the books, my fantasy is that she would join Margaery's Queensguard and somehow be buddy cops with Loras.......

You know, I have a very complicated relationship with Lady S. I think her reveal in the aSoS epilogue is absolutely amazing and I think it would translate great to tv. It's just later, I don't know how they'll handle that without making viewers think the show jumped the shark.

I do agree that they need her to give Brienne something to do, though. In fact, now I'm thinking that her whole adventure with Stoneheart could turn out well in the show if they really explore the whole "noble knight in a quest with her loyal squire find a monster in the end" angle (cue True Detective flashback)

Thinking we will get more build up as we go. Rumors and news of the Brotherhood's actions and having a new leader. Some buildup to a mystery on who the leader is, and the season finale giving us the big shocking reveal.

I like this. I think this could make non-readers go, "oh, that makes sense now" instead of "really, show?" (which was pretty much my parents' reaction when they inadvertently got spoiled in that regard :p)

I do agree that they need her to give Brienne something to do, though. In fact, now I'm thinking that her whole adventure with Stoneheart could turn out well in the show if they really explore the whole "noble knight in a quest with her loyal squire find a monster in the end" angle (cue True Detective flashback)

The Riverlands is a gently-sloped watershed flat circle

I didn't find Stoneheart nearly as jarring as Stannis' shadow baby stabbing Renly, changing the course of the war and then disappearing from the plot. It would be worse if Stoneheart was taking vengeance herself, but she just tells the brotherhood who to kill.

Archived